Insane Yet Awesome Idea Thread

A place where posters can comment on the comic, chat with the artist and his friends who are in the comic, and discuss anything and everything geeky.

Re: Insane Yet Awesome Idea Thread

Postby XIVcaliber on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:17 pm

It is an animation, but...it's like a game. And it's amazingly well done. AND HILARIOUS.
What is the true path to victory? I say start with Flashman's stage.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:12 am

Yeah, so where did you get to in them.
[s] Strife!
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby XIVcaliber on Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:16 pm

We should brainstorm your Homestuck D&D campaign here, Niko.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:36 pm

Maybe. I'm working on something inspired by it. But for now I'm doing a vanilla thing based around an archeologist guild, a corrupt church, and some incredibly powerful artifacts.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby XIVcaliber on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Very fun. I need ideas for my campaign, as soon as I join the bandwagon.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:26 pm

Oh my god.
I have fallen for Felicia Day as of this instant, not just due to her feliciatude, but also due to her intense daeity.
Dreamaniac
Has a thing for bandannas...
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby niko2pico on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:41 am

*Edit* Yeah I changed this post myself because the original was too rude.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Muh. Bwejwojb. Wesjkladjsakd.
*picks up jaw from floor and reattaches it*
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
I'm not sure if that was meant in a good way or bad way. But just... oh my god.
Pluses:
WORGEN. F*** YES.
TAUREN PALADINS. ABOUT TIME.
REVAMPED OLD WORLD, FLYING MOUNTS IN OLD WORLD.
GOBLINS. F*** YES AGAIN.
:eyebrow: s :
New race/class combos. Er, maybe? It seems a bit... odd. I can deal, probably.
:( s :
I now have to get as many of my characters up in level as quickly as possible so I can experience the old world one last time. I don't have time for this.
D: s :
I thought about going on hiatus while I work like crazy on WoW. ... Yeah, I know, I'm an effing moron and would totally deserve the lynching you guys would give me if I actually did that. So rest assured, I wont.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby niko2pico on Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:26 am

Wow Worgen, dude! Every time I think I'm out the damn game pulls me back in.
Bout damn time humans got the hunter class.
I now think that the alliance is worth playing on
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Hey, any of you remember this character?

Yeah, me and Niki might be doing a collaborative project with myself as the writer and Niki as the (far more talented) artist.
Freaking awesome, in my opinion.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby XIVcaliber on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:19 am

Niki and I*

That does sound awesome. Can't wait to see what you guys can come up with.

By the way, I'm starting to draw up rough schematics of my D&D campaign.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:41 pm

Okay.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby IceBug on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:48 pm

Some mech profiles for crazy mech fiction/game:

Mech Ideas

Odama - 45 ft. tall, 113 tons, *army*

Large mech designed for frontline assault and siege functions. Employs a standard twin barrel machine gun turret as its main projectile weaponry, whilst its arms employ spiked wrecking balls to do melee damage. For siege purposes, the Odama can be set into a rolling mode in which its head is lowered, followed by the retraction of its legs after a short upward frontal thrust. Its arms, during this process, retract their armor to reveal a sturdy chain attached to the spiked balls. Once rolling commences, the arms become more like tethered flails, while the machine gun mount remains functional on the front of the mech thanks to a track system for both the gun and the ammo banks. The pilot, who normally resides in the head, is lowered into the center of the mech before rolling commences, and is able to view the outside through a camera link located between the twin barrel turret. Steering and speed alteration in this mode is accomplished by a series of thruster boosts. The bulk of the mech, coupled with its chained attachments, makes this mech an ideal choice for assaulting heavily fortified positions, clearing the path for other units to come in and take over.

Strengths- Relatively quick when rolling, heavily armored, powerful. Can overcome even heavily armored positions with relative ease.

Weaknesses- Wet or soft ground can cause trouble for the rolling mode, as the loss of traction and potential loss of the use of its arms means it must stay in a walking mode. Given its lack of weaponry options in the walking mode, it is best to choose another mech in these conditions. Loss of camera use in the rolling mode could also prove fatal. Finally, for combat in tight spaces, the size of the mech may be unfavorable.

Twilight - 28 ft. tall, 57 tons, *army*

Medium mech designed for melee combat. This mech employs two very unique blades in combat, one which seems to put forth pure light energy, while the other radiates pure darkness. To acquire these effects, two identical, 3 ton blades were treated in closed environments until the desired forms were obtained. The light blade was bombarded with a light particle as it was reflected off of pure crystal countless numbers of time. The dark blade was placed in the presence of large amounts of a black metal which consumes all light in the immediate area once it has been irradiated. These swords were left in there separate enclosures until they began to exhibit qualities of pure light and dark. In combat, the light blade makes razor thin cuts, best used for disabling critical electrical equipment in enemy mechs, as well as removing mobile parts, such as limbs. The dark blade makes massive, jagged tears as it cuts into surfaces, making it ideal for destroying armor. The chassis has arms with a considerable range of motion, and the movement speed of the frame is excellent.

Strengths- Highly destructive at close range, quick moving, flexible. Perfect for anti-vehicle and anti-mech combat.

Weaknesses- If the blades are to ever come in contact, both will simultaneously lose any special abilities, making it necessary for the mech to be manned by incredibly skilled pilots. Also, the swords begin to lose there abilities over time, requiring a recharge periodically, ruling out long-term combat as an option for the Twilight. The Twilight also forgoes heavy armoring for all out speed, so it is fragile and susceptible to severe damage from even light assaults. Last, it should go without saying that this mech, which mounts no projectile firepower, is an easy target for ranged fire.

Most of the technology is streched to justify, but then again, mecha in general usually are. Thoughts? Crazy ideas for weapon systems? Post!
Need Az ure Ne d it Az ure A zure Azu reAzureAzure....GWAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAA!!!!!
IceBug
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:12 pm

Ooh! Ooh! I have one!

Beserker Wolf - 34 ft. tall, 120 tons, Unique.
Going purely by a list of weaponry, the Beserker Wolf doesn't seem terribly unique. In fact, many military analysts who look at a weapon layout first immediately conclude that it's an alternate layout for a top-end assault class mech. When they learn its actual size (although its weight is quite believable), dropped jaws are not an uncommon sight. It is armed with four Autocannon 5s on its- well, arms, one Long Ranged Missle launcher (10) on either shoulder, four machine guns mounted around the head, and the pride and joy of the Wolf's crazed pilot: An Ultra Autocannon 20 that actually makes up most of the chest, rather then being attached to it. The mech itself appears rather squat from the huge amount of firepower laden on it, but it manages to reach a respectable top speed of 130 kph. In addition to this, and further revealing the insanity of its pilot, the mech is equipped with jump jets. It can jump neither far nor quickly, but it can jump. (Note: All weapons are of Clan make.)
The reason the mech is able to function at all is an almost complete lack of armor and a state-of-the-art cooling system designed by a team of brilliant and quite insane scientists. The engine and joint work is also custom-made, although not with the artistic brilliance of the cooling system. This mech superficially resembles a Mad Cat in silouette, but in full view it looks like someone took a standard Mad Cat, stripped three-fourths of the armored plating off, completely reworked the parts of the mech dedicated to movement, painted it all mottled brown, dark grey, and green, and then forgot to replace the plating afterwards.

Strengths: Absurd firepower at range (AC 5s, LRMs) and up close (AC 20.), lack of armor may cause unintelligent/unexperienced hostiles to lower their guard while laughing hysterically, faster then it appears, able to jump (albeit limited), capable of alpha striking at least twice before overheating on the third strike, and has an absurdly good chance of obliterating anything that's simultaneously 1.) In range of all its weapons and 2.) Directly in front of it.

Weaknesses: Can be one-shotted by damn near anything other then a machine gun (and thats still cutting it close), all of its weapons are capable of jamming, limbs are easily blown off if you somehow miss shooting the torso, easy to kill at close range if you get behind it, heavily reliant on cooling system.

The pilot is a completely batshit insane mercenary who is as skilled as he is crazy. His fees are extremely expensive (due to the amount of maintanance and ammo his mech requires) and he tends to occupy a the niche of 'extreme shock trooper.' While no commander with a functioning brain (or even a reasonably well developed net of nerve tissue) would hire 'Beserker Wolf' for defense or long-term assignments, he excels in lighting assaults and situations where other mechs can occupy the attention of enemy fire. His surprising speed, overwhelming firepower, and unpredictable nature combine into an absolutely lethal (but double-edged) weapon.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby niko2pico on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:05 am

Lemuria
Weapons: torpedoes, hypersonic pulses, Aqua Dynamic Blade, water to surface missiles.
Purpose: A mech designed to be used in aquatic combat, all of it's weapons and armor are outfitted for aqua dynamic movement and the water around it shelters it from a great deal of conventional fire. The torps are used for taking out carrier ships and submarines, the hypersonic pulse can jam sonar and cause severe pain to all humans adjacent to it, the sea to surface missiles allow it to strike airplanes and land targets in coastal regions, and the blade is if any other mechs foolishly enter the water. 3 mechs go into the sea, 1 comes out.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:51 pm

check this mother out, their for the RMXP game

Vague Recollection: The True Nature
I made some changes to the fundamental concept of vague recollection. Changes that will make it less serious at some parts, more serious at others, gave us some new powers that in my opinion are much better than my dumb ass old ideas

The story now revolves around the dimension that the main characters inhabit being connected (violently) to a multidimensional nexus the event taking place in a classroom, the creatures adjacent to the event were changed fundamentally. The main characters share several similarities with my friends but are by no means meant to be exact replicas.

Heroes

Santiago Andreas Erickson
-True Nature: Ephemeral Amorphous
-Weapons: Pistols, Various Shape shifts
-Skills: (Work in progress)
Pistol Tech
Adjust Body
Regenerate
-Custom Mechanic: Changing of body and at later levels controlling the entire field (by way of becoming it)
- Epic quotes: It's deffinitly possible for someone to outsmart one of me (a clone taps the man he's talking to on the back) but what about two of me, or three of me, or four of me, or tell me Maxwell... can you outsmart yourself (he says as they all transform into Maxwell)?

Elliot Vin Tuirisas XIV
-True Nature: Mathematical Anomaly
-Weapons: Longsword, Lance, Graphing Calculator
-Skills (work in progress)
-Adjust equations (buffs and debuffs)
-Damaging math based equations
-Sword/lance techs
-Custom Mechanics: Fighting style changes as more armor is added (by way of different coats)
-Epic quotes: (Limit Breaker) I've figured out my odds, their pretty good, yours on the other hand, some things your better off not knowing

Nikolas Roderick Lue'Lielle III
-True Nature: Spirit of Chaos and Fire
-Weapon: Rapiers, Lighters
-Skills (Work in progress)
-Various Pyromaniacal things
-Fence Tech
-Critic Tech (maybe)
-Coffee Tech (maybe)
-Custom Mechanic: Build up, and backfires
Epic Quote: (Limit Breaker) You look at me now, thinking what? (fire arrows form behind him) That you might be spared the coming inferno (flaming cracks appear beneath the enemy)? That divine light shall shine upon you and you shall survive (all the arrows launch). Don't be so naive (A swirling pillar of flame hits the enemy)

Villains
The World Eaters

Most of the stuff especially the custom mechanics is really just wishful thinking. Oh well, just having the ideas is fun anyhow.

If other people I know want in let me know, chances are I already have an awesome fighting style for you

It may or may not get done, but I promise it will get started at least.
Attachments
Andre.png
Surprisingly Jewfro was not a sprite generator hair option... (I will find a better sprite that doesn't look like yu-gi-oh)
Andre.png (9.7 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
Elliot.png
will add glasses later
Elliot.png (9.05 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
Niko.png
will add glasses (and fire) later
Niko.png (8.37 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
Last edited by niko2pico on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:38 pm

... Dammit Nico, you made me drool all over my keyboard. *gets paper towels and stuff to clean up*

Right, now that I've managed to reattach my lower jaw to my head, I'm nearly trembling with excitement.
I'm not sure if I would work as an actual character, but if you would grace me with such an honor, I thought up some possible details...

Jason Oliver Carleton
-True Nature: Anthromorphic Personification of a Dream.
-Weapons: Crescent moon sword, Positive energy.
-Skills: (I dunno.)
Imaginary Friend (summoning attack)
Off the Deep End (beserker mode)
Moon techs, positive energy spells.
-Custom Mechanic: Power increases drastically when asleep, but can only be put to sleep by enemies.
And my appearence is based off this pic:
blazbluejake.jpg
So badass.
blazbluejake.jpg (263.98 KiB) Viewed 1010 times

Or I could just have a cameo. That would be awesome, too.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby niko2pico on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:12 am

I was waiting for you to ask to join.
Attachments
Jake.png
colors can be changed
Jake.png (9.63 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:29 pm

Pokemon_League_Jake_Sprite_by_Dreamaniacal.png
Pokemon_League_Jake_Sprite_by_Dreamaniacal.png (2.73 KiB) Viewed 990 times

This is the sort of outfit I had in mind, I think.
That, and I really, really like how this one looks. To a ridiculous degree, really.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Dreamaniac