Site and Technical Updates

A place where posters can comment on the comic, chat with the artist and his friends who are in the comic, and discuss anything and everything geeky.

Site and Technical Updates

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:02 am

Need to be done by ME:
* Get up image link to hubsite on comic page.
* Play around with my new HTML editor with the aim to create a more aesetically pleasing page for the comic.
* Work out how the heck to work my tablet properly and effeciently.

Andrew's To-Do list:
* Update wiki page (I'll put up some new images for it, though.)

I think that's it right now. Anything I've missed, or any suggestions to helm me tidy up my various sites? I'd appreciate them hugely.
Dreamaniac
Has a thing for bandannas...
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Re: Site and Technical Updates

Postby XIVcaliber on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:04 pm

My To-Do List:
Be more active in this forum.

Cheap imitation aside, I don't think there's much else you should be doing, other than what you've specified.
What is the true path to victory? I say start with Flashman's stage.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:45 am

You're doing a better job then Neil or Amelia, certainly.

Updated To-Do list:
*Continue Practicing with Tablet
*Update images on Wiki Page

Finished:
*Modifying site's html!
*Link to Hubsite!
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby XIVcaliber on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:33 am

I'm glad I'm so active here. This place is fun. Does Mark go here too, or is it just Andrew?
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:35 am

Mark, Neil, and Amelia all have accounts, but they fail at actively using them. Andrew needs to work on it too, apparently.
You should get the rest of Anime club signed up too. I really don't mind having tons of people on here. Heck, I would love it!
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby XIVcaliber on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:40 am

I'll see if I can get Eric and Niki to join. As for the others, it might take a while.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby IceBug on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:05 pm

Dreamaniaccomic wrote:Mark, Neil, and Amelia all have accounts, but they fail at actively using them. Andrew needs to work on it too, apparently.
You should get the rest of Anime club signed up too. I really don't mind having tons of people on here. Heck, I would love it!

Hey now, I was the most active person on this forum for a while. My internet access has been shaky at best recently, and remember my post count was better before I performed the system purge of the old crusty topics.
Need Az ure Ne d it Az ure A zure Azu reAzureAzure....GWAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAA!!!!!
IceBug
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:52 pm

And thanks for doing that, Andrew.
As you have all seen by now, I have heavily modified the site's layout and added links to my hubsite and the archive page. I'd like to know what you all think of the changes. Do you like the new layout? More then the original? Talk to me.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby XIVcaliber on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:57 pm

OH MY GOD THE LAYOUT IS AWESOME.

Archive page, hubsite link...It's amazing.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Thank you. It took me quite a long time to finally get everything in it's proper place, about seven hours editing HTML and adding and modifying files and testing it out then going back and modifying some other stuff then more testing and retrying and so on and so forth. I really like the new background color, it's much easier on the eyes, and I like how most of it is nice and centered. The add and mini-calendar non-withstanding.

Edits: By the way, Andrew, I thought you would be updating the wiki? What happened to that? I'd like to see new character entries and changes written by you, as my own description would be- difficult to understand by anyone who isn't me.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby IceBug on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:37 pm

At some point, I will update the wiki. Right now, I need to train my Platinum team for the tournament.

Also, let it be known that at 4:36pm on April 6th, 2009, I have TOTAL NEW POST DOMINATION!!!
Need Az ure Ne d it Az ure A zure Azu reAzureAzure....GWAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAA!!!!!
IceBug
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:10 pm

Excellent work taking the time to post everywhere! NOW UPDATE THE WIKI PAGE.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby XIVcaliber on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:47 pm

And now I can hopefully mini-mod! I mean, I've made a thread, and no one else here is active, sooo...
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby IceBug on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:58 pm

Wiki has been updated. Will continue tomorrow.
IceBug
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Mon May 04, 2009 8:23 pm

Updated character descriptions (most of them, at least) on the Wiki. The old ones were outdated and cheesy and far too dramatic. Will finish it up later, possibly take care of character pics myself to save Andrew a hour or so of sleep per week. Which, considering the average amount of sleep a IB student gets, would be a rather significant increase.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Tue May 05, 2009 6:58 pm

Disregard my last sentence in the previous post. Andrew decided to go and update the pics. By the slap of Bright Noa, get some sleep, man!
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby IceBug on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:32 pm

Attention patrons:

The west wing of our establishment, also known as the "Ancient Archives", has been destroyed due to unfortuanate circumstances. Apparently if you mix old topics with nobody posting, the result is spontaneous fission of invisible traces of Bohrium and Roentgenium, resulting in nuclear fallout of catastophic proportions. Because of this incident, some of you may notice a drop in your current post count. We assure you that this is completely normal, and formally apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In light of this occurance, we will be introducing a few new boards for your posting pleasure. You will begin to see these over the next few days. Your patience will be rewarded.

Thank you for your time, and we hope you continue to enjoy your visit to the Dreamaniac Archives. That is all.

- Management
IceBug
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:18 pm

Attention Readers:

Since last night my macbook has been acting up, and would not function correctly when I attempted to upload the comic to the FTP, DeviantART, or my email. Whatever sinister force that is behind the irrational behavior of my computer will be dealt with soon, but unfortunately I am unable to upload the comic for friday at this time. If the issue continues, I will temporarily switch to drawing and uploading comics by hand, but hopefully I'll have my computer and tablet back to normal soon. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you for taking the time to read this announcement before demanding to know where the comic update is. I am updating this from my dad's computer, and this is likely the only communication I will be able to send until my mac is fixed.

- The Artist
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:06 am

Note to readers about updating: I accidentally left my tablet pen in Wisconsin while on vacation, and that + being totally conked out by the NVGA convention resulted in me deciding to not update this week. I will be updating on traditional pen and paper next week, so don't worry about it.

In site news, I recently added the Comic Genesis newsbox to the bottom of the site and uploaded a newsbox image to CG, so we might actually see an increase in traffic. Here's an enlarged version of the newsbox pic:

Nice, eh?
There probably wont be a whole lot of changes to how the site looks anytime soon, but if I get the urge I'll let you all know.
Also, are there any additions you'd like to see to the site that don't cost me money? I enjoy suggestions and might actually follow through on them. Maybe.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:51 pm

I really freaking needed to write myself a new to-do list and get a clearer picture and plan of what I want to do. So, without further hesitation:
My Long Overdue To-Do List for September.
*Figure out what the flip I want to do with Dreamaniac. Cancel, hiatus, return to 5 days a week, try and stick to my current schedule, re-do the entire thing, should I find someone to do the writing for me or find someone to do the drawing or neither, what direction the comic should go, etc.
*Get rough transcript of last D&D session and complete rough draft of first few pages.
*Talk to Hoffie and J about drawing an official DC Theatre comic in the style of Dreamaniac, draw sample comics to demonstrate idea.
*Get together with Niki and seriously discuss Mythnoir, write script for first 'episode.'
*Upload the +9000 doodles in my sketchbook to DeviantART.
*Write a new journal entry for blog.
Orbahlen
*Races
*Classes
**Prestige Classes
*House Rules
*Geography
*Politics
*Etc.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic