Video Game Progress Thread

A place where posters can comment on the comic, chat with the artist and his friends who are in the comic, and discuss anything and everything geeky.

Re: Video Game Progress Thread

Postby niko2pico on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Dreamaniaccomic wrote:
niko2pico wrote:
Dreamaniaccomic wrote:(Private servers? What're those?)
World of Warcraft is doing alright. My paladin is nearly to level 66, and I've almost saved up enough gold to get my flying mount. And the continent I'm currently leveling on is freaking BEAUTIFUL. It's like an african savanna with more greenery and islands floating in the air, and a georgeous assortment of planets and stars in the sky above. Some RP friends of mine are also helping me with a long and complex plot that has been running for months now, so it's a blast.

Private servers are for people who are sick of leveling. It's mostly just being overpowered pvp machines and drinking in the scenery on top of my "Raven Lord Mount." I am mostly sick of wow so for the couple of hours in which I say "hay I just suffered a minor brain hemorrhage and now think I like WoW again." I wish I had RP friends but I made my character on a "normal" server and don't want to go through the tedium again. The alternatives are illegal use of power leveling, or asking you to break character and run me through instances 9001 times. Both are unappealing.

Pff, we break character all the time. Being on an RP server doesn't mean you have to be IC 24/7; it just means that when you are OOC, you show respect and tolerance for people who are roleplaying at the moment, and other then that just play the game as you would. Although it's generally agreed on those servers that you'll get much more respect if you at least attempt to use proper grammar and spelling, rather then leet/chatspeak.

And I wouldn't mind running you, either. It's actually rather fulfilling to go through a ton of early dungeons and just wale on everything. My server is Moon Guard, in case you're interested.

The next time I have 30 bucks to piss away I may take you up on that offer. But right now I have Gasoline and insurance consuming all my 130$. Hurray for having a driver's license.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:39 am

Bam, I have beaten the halo trilogy. It's one of the best FPSs I've played.
The story is better than certain critics have said. The action is visceral. The campaign is a bit short, but the multiplayer makes up for it.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:22 pm

Congratulations! Completing a trilogy of games is quite a satisfying experience. When I finally completed the Jak and Daxter series, I spent about 30 minutes simply reflecting on my past achievments, helped along my a scrolling line of characters from all three games. I hope you did something similar upon completing Halo 3.

In game news, Kelashtir (My Draenei protection paladin) dinged level 67 and is now questing in Netherstorm. I have to say, I absolutely LOVE the changes in Patch 3.2. Flying mounts at 60? Speed increased to 2.5x regular movement speed instead of 1.6x? That's actually all I really care to know about it, and as stated I am LOVING IT.
Dreamaniac
Has a thing for bandannas...
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby niko2pico on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:31 am

Dreamaniaccomic wrote:Congratulations! Completing a trilogy of games is quite a satisfying experience. When I finally completed the Jak and Daxter series, I spent about 30 minutes simply reflecting on my past achievments, helped along my a scrolling line of characters from all three games. I hope you did something similar upon completing Halo 3.

In game news, Kelashtir (My Draenei protection paladin) dinged level 67 and is now questing in Netherstorm. I have to say, I absolutely LOVE the changes in Patch 3.2. Flying mounts at 60? Speed increased to 2.5x regular movement speed instead of 1.6x? That's actually all I really care to know about it, and as stated I am LOVING IT.

The Jak trilogy was incredible. I'm now really excited for half life 2: episode three, however they are releasing it Christmas 2007 in valve time
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:42 pm

Or as Blizzard would say, Soon (R).
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby XIVcaliber on Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:13 pm

Due to my lingering addiction to BlazBlue, I went to Gamestop today and picked up Guilty Gear XX Accent Core for Wii. Needless to say, it's almost as good as BlazBlue. Not better, but almost as good. Even so, it's still amazing, and it greatly satisfies my need for a good 2-D fighting game.

There's more characters in it than BlazBlue, which I guess is nice, especially since each character has a pretty unique fighting style. Characters like Faust, the giant scalpel-wielding doctor with a paper bag over his head, or May, the pirate girl with a giant anchor. GXXAC also threw in two new characters, I believe; Order-Sol, a new version of Sol-Badguy, and A.B.A, a girl that looks like a cadaver with a giant talking key for a weapon.
What is the true path to victory? I say start with Flashman's stage.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:32 pm

XIVcaliber wrote:Due to my lingering addiction to BlazBlue, I went to Gamestop today and picked up Guilty Gear XX Accent Core for Wii. Needless to say, it's almost as good as BlazBlue. Not better, but almost as good. Even so, it's still amazing, and it greatly satisfies my need for a good 2-D fighting game.

There's more characters in it than BlazBlue, which I guess is nice, especially since each character has a pretty unique fighting style. Characters like Faust, the giant scalpel-wielding doctor with a paper bag over his head, or May, the pirate girl with a giant anchor. GXXAC also threw in two new characters, I believe; Order-Sol, a new version of Sol-Badguy, and A.B.A, a girl that looks like a cadaver with a giant talking key for a weapon.

The wheel of fate is turning
Rebel 1
Begin
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby XIVcaliber on Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:42 pm

niko2pico wrote:
XIVcaliber wrote:Due to my lingering addiction to BlazBlue, I went to Gamestop today and picked up Guilty Gear XX Accent Core for Wii. Needless to say, it's almost as good as BlazBlue. Not better, but almost as good. Even so, it's still amazing, and it greatly satisfies my need for a good 2-D fighting game.

The wheel of fate is turning
Rebel 1
Begin

It's a pity I don't have a 360, or else I would be playing BlazBlue instead.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Dreamaniaccomic wrote:Or as Blizzard would say, Soon (R).

Are we talking WoW patch soon, or Starcraft 2 soon.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby XIVcaliber on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:20 pm

Upon researching the Guilty Gear series, I've discovered that none of the characters in GGXXAC are new. Many characters do have new voice actors, however.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby keeptrucking on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:29 am

I am fairly new to World of Warcraft. I recently got the 14 day free trial at the Mountain Dew Game Fuel website(@http://www.mountaindewgamefuel.com/wow/incoming_earn.php?e=504&url=youcast)). I wouldn't have probably even heard of the game if it wasn't for my job(I work for a marketing company that did the above mentioned campaign) but I don't know how I missed the game lol it seems so massive in it's playerbase!

I just hit 80 and am in a guild that I suppose isn't far in progression, but I have been going to some of the old instances that others got to play just to explore, this game is pretty cool!
keeptrucking

Postby niko2pico on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:41 pm

wait who is this guy?
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby XIVcaliber on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:10 pm

If my assumptions are correct, then it's Niki.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:19 am

I checked out keeptrucking's other posts, it sounds like they're a guerilla marketing agent. Quite a few are trained to promote certain products in a more subtle way then one expects. Either way, I doubt they'll post in HERE again.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby niko2pico on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:38 pm

Dreamaniaccomic wrote:I checked out keeptrucking's other posts, it sounds like they're a guerilla marketing agent. Quite a few are trained to promote certain products in a more subtle way then one expects. Either way, I doubt they'll post in HERE again.

Good to hear good to hear.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:26 pm

Back on topic: Made it to 70 on my paladin. Woot.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby niko2pico on Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:54 pm

Dreamaniaccomic wrote:Back on topic: Made it to 70 on my paladin. Woot.

Cool now you can go to north rend right?
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:09 pm

I've been in Northrend since level 68 :D .
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby IceBug on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Learn how pla Ara ne bett r. Des roy J n B ng Rag a R ch l Tao k k. ou eat bugs n w.....GHAHAHHHAHHAHHHAHHAHHAA!!!!!!!!

Al unli ted cha cter un ock d. Work on get Teach Li tch i Litchi Litchi........

Ca l su k s.....GWAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHHHAHHA!!!!!!

A re zureAzur Az reA ureAzureAzureAzureAzure!!!
Need Az ure Ne d it Az ure A zure Azu reAzureAzure....GWAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAA!!!!!
IceBug
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:40 pm

Andrew appears to have been consumed by dark magic and turned into a horrific abomination :eyebrow: .
Looks like a job for...
BANG SHISHIGAME, VIGILANTE OF JUSTICE!!!
HALT, EVILDOER!!!
Got the picture on deviantart here.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Dreamaniac