Video Game Progress Thread

A place where posters can comment on the comic, chat with the artist and his friends who are in the comic, and discuss anything and everything geeky.

Re: Video Game Progress Thread

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:50 pm

Well well well, welcome, Eric! Glad to see you finally join the forums.
And yes, we know what sequence-breaking is. Sheesh, we aren't noobs.
Good luck with that, anyway. I'm aware of how difficult (but rewarding) it can be to sequence break. Good luck, godspeed, and excelsior.
Dreamaniac
Has a thing for bandannas...
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby Eeveexpert on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:23 pm

Oh, I've already done so. My list would go as such:
-Space Jump Boots first.
-Getting Missiles early.
-Getting the Ice Beam right after the Wave Beam.
-Getting the Plasma Beam right after the Spider Ball (I'm not skilled enough to get it before the Spider Ball... >.<).
-Getting Power Bombs early.

It's ridiculously fun, for some unexplainable reason.
We've all been on the Pokemon bandwagon at one time or another. It's just a matter of how long ago you got off. I, on the other hand, am driving said bandwagon.
Eeveexpert

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:16 pm

Eric: Are you going to be able to go to the convention? This is an off-topic post, but WE NEED TO KNOW. READ AND POST IN THE NVGA TRIP CONFIRMATIONS THREAD. PLEASE.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby XIVcaliber on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:23 am

I should really get back into my team building. I think I finished my Ludicolo...maybe. Who knows, I'll check later.

Uhh...What else, what else...Oh, yes, I'm dying for the release of FFCC: Crystal Bearers. It looks AMAZING, not to mention it's got sweet motion controls and LIVE ACTION COMBAT. Until then, I'll have to settle with Super Star Ultra and Phantasy Star Blue Burst. *sigh* I only have four more Helpers to go in getting 100% completion on Helper to Hero, and I have TWO MORE TREASURES to find in the Great Cave Offensive. SO CLOSE...
What is the true path to victory? I say start with Flashman's stage.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:10 pm

I'm not really playing too much at the moment besides WoW, and even that has been relegated to weekends (WAY too distracting.) I've started replaying Emerald for the hell of it. I probably wont be playing much, though- I've been missing out on my art far too often.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby XIVcaliber on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:27 pm

MADWORLD.

The game I am now devoting my time to. (ROHAN TOO, ERIC, SHEESH.)

It's a very fun game, and very bloody. It centers around you being a contestant in Deathwatch, a sick gameshow where you are awarded points for killing people. You can rack up a whole bunch of brutal bonuses like impaling someone on spikes or driving a signpost through someone's head. You can even throw people into the path of a train. Oh, and the main character has a chainsaw for an arm. In one word, this game is CHAOTIC.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:28 pm

:-? Eugh... I never liked bloody games... I'll take your word for it, thanks.
Emerald progress: I'm at the third gym. Currently biking back and forth on my mach bike to level my magikarp in the daycare until it's level 19, for obvious reasons. So far my battling party consists of an Aron, Ralts (EVOLVE DAMMIT), Grovyle, and Makuhita. Future planned aquisitions include Gyrados and maybe a Camerupt, in addition to capturing at least one of everything I find along the way.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby niko2pico on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:37 pm

And when you say video games you mean pokemon right? Figures it's impossible to get you guys to talk about anything else... ever. ha ha ha disregard all of that I didn't read past the first 37 8 posts.
- beat RE4 normal mode
-Beat RE4 operation ada
-Beat RE4 separate ways
-got hand rocket launcher on RE4
-got Chicago type writer on RE4
- got 5 stars on all mercenaries missions in RE4
-Got the hand cannon full upgrade in RE4
-1/4 done with pro mode on RE4
-8th dungeon level on fate
-still not playing meta game
-100% done deciding fallout 1 was crap and shouldn't be played by anyone ever
-Logged 9001 hours on fallout 3 and still only 2% done
-still not playing meta game
-recently lost "the game"
-in need of new games
-30% done realizing I wasted my childhood on video games, when I could have spent time being happy.
-10% done building muscles at the gym
-still not done with first pokemon gym

haikus for yous

god damn pokemon
this is why we get no chicks
no life means no wife

meta game what shame
how can people give a crap
it's just beyond me

Eric wastes talent
Shattered Truths was well written
But he needs O. C. (Original content)

god damn pokemon
haiku don't need to make sense
A quiet forest

"Oh look I'm hard core because I play "I want to be the guy"." -Someone who isn't hardcore

"I don't like bloody games." -The sites proprietor, who is awwwright with games about innocent creatures being made to kill each other.
"From Jake: Dear Neko. Please do not attempt to subvert me. Thanks, and try not to bring your habits from the greater internet forums into this place. Your friendly obsessive moderator, Jake the Dreamaniac"

"Dear Neko. Please do not attempt to subvert me. Resistance is futile futile futile" -Jake the Borg
Last edited by niko2pico on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:27 pm

*steals soapbox*
If you read the entire thread, you would realize that we DO talk about games other then pokemon. Sheesh. And grats on your multiple Resident Evil 4 accomplishments, good to see those zombies (or whatever they're calling them these days) getting an ass-whooping.
In the meantime, I've been playing Okami on the Wii. THAT GAME IS ABSOLUTELY GEORGEOUS.
Seriously, it feels like I'm playing a traditional japanese painting. I'll take it over next-gen graphics any day of the week, as well as saturday and sunday.
I like being a benevolent god. Seriously, playing as Okami is like being a Friend to All Living Things TURNED UP TO ELEVEN. And I love it.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby niko2pico on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:15 pm

You clearly didn't notice the strike through that text. And also I am doing incredible in fallout 3 right now. I actually beat the main story on Very Hard mode and am currently playing character number 2 while I wait for them to release Broken Steel on disc. Also yes the Ganados are getting a serious ass kicking.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Oops, I missed that, similar to how you missed those 29 other posts. ;)
Good job on Fallout 3. I've heard lots of good things about that game, even a few compliments from Yahtzee of all people.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby niko2pico on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:29 pm

Actually I didn't miss the posts. If I had I would have corrected nothing. Also how goes wow (ha ha ha you don't have to pay for private servers).
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:49 pm

(Private servers? What're those?)
World of Warcraft is doing alright. My paladin is nearly to level 66, and I've almost saved up enough gold to get my flying mount. And the continent I'm currently leveling on is freaking BEAUTIFUL. It's like an african savanna with more greenery and islands floating in the air, and a georgeous assortment of planets and stars in the sky above. Some RP friends of mine are also helping me with a long and complex plot that has been running for months now, so it's a blast.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby XIVcaliber on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:30 pm

I beat MadWorld a few days ago, which is an amazing game that Andre lent me. To sum it up in one word, it's chaotic.

You know how you can beat the crap out of people? Yeah, you can do that. You can also shove an oil drum over someone's head, jam a signpost through their neck, beat the crap out of them, then impale them four times on a spiked wall. That gets you more points. The game is centered around Jack, a resident badass who has a chainsaw on his right arm. He fights his way through a demented gameshow named Deathwatch whilst killing people of all shapes and sizes and being followed around by two very profane (and hilarious) announcers. You can get a variety of weapons, and the finishing moves have very simple motion controls that are fun as hell to pull off. It's a bit short, but every second of it is pure awesome.

Edit: I realized after posting this that I already did a story synopsis of the game. Dammit.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:11 pm

niko2pico wrote:"Oh look I'm hard core because I play "I want to be the guy"." -Someone who isn't hardcore

"I don't like bloody games." -The sites proprietor, who is awwwright with games about innocent creatures being made to kill each other.
"From Jake: Dear Neko. Please do not attempt to subvert me. Thanks, and try not to bring your habits from the greater internet forums into this place. Your friendly obsessive moderator, Jake the Dreamaniac"

1.) Andrew is pretty core, actually. I'd vouch for it. Hell, he's doing a one-hit-point, 1 weapon run of Cave Story, which is effing INSANE.

2.) *dodges flamebait*

3.) Dude. Extending the length of your post for no reason just isn't cool.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby XIVcaliber on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:35 pm

I sure hope Niko can figure out the difference between this place and 7chan before all hell breaks lose...

Anyways, BACK ON TOPIC...

My Wii is out of commission for a while, seeing as we're having our house painted (YAY EQUITY!), so I'll have to resort to DS games. I'm THIIIIIIS close to 100% completion on Kirby Super Star Ultra, and I really want to beat Magical Starsign and Knights in the Nightmare (alternate post-story story). Perhaps I'll find the time while I'm inhaling toxic fumes. Other than that, I still have my computer, and that means Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst, which I RECOMMEND to any MMO fans.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:54 pm

Dreamaniaccomic wrote:3.) Dude. Extending the length of your post for no reason just isn't cool.

there is never not a reason to post an ascii image of Shiroi.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby niko2pico on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:04 pm

Dreamaniaccomic wrote:(Private servers? What're those?)
World of Warcraft is doing alright. My paladin is nearly to level 66, and I've almost saved up enough gold to get my flying mount. And the continent I'm currently leveling on is freaking BEAUTIFUL. It's like an african savanna with more greenery and islands floating in the air, and a georgeous assortment of planets and stars in the sky above. Some RP friends of mine are also helping me with a long and complex plot that has been running for months now, so it's a blast.

Private servers are for people who are sick of leveling. It's mostly just being overpowered pvp machines and drinking in the scenery on top of my "Raven Lord Mount." I am mostly sick of wow so for the couple of hours in which I say "hay I just suffered a minor brain hemorrhage and now think I like WoW again." I wish I had RP friends but I made my character on a "normal" server and don't want to go through the tedium again. The alternatives are illegal use of power leveling, or asking you to break character and run me through instances 9001 times. Both are unappealing.
Y'know
niko2pico
Regular Poster

Postby XIVcaliber on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:52 pm

W00t, got from level 57 to 59 today in PSO.
XIVcaliber
Regular Poster

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:09 am

niko2pico wrote:
Dreamaniaccomic wrote:(Private servers? What're those?)

Private servers are for people who are sick of leveling. It's mostly just being overpowered pvp machines and drinking in the scenery on top of my "Raven Lord Mount." I am mostly sick of wow so for the couple of hours in which I say "hay I just suffered a minor brain hemorrhage and now think I like WoW again." I wish I had RP friends but I made my character on a "normal" server and don't want to go through the tedium again. The alternatives are illegal use of power leveling, or asking you to break character and run me through instances 9001 times. Both are unappealing.

Pff, we break character all the time. Being on an RP server doesn't mean you have to be IC 24/7; it just means that when you are OOC, you show respect and tolerance for people who are roleplaying at the moment, and other then that just play the game as you would. Although it's generally agreed on those servers that you'll get much more respect if you at least attempt to use proper grammar and spelling, rather then leet/chatspeak.

And I wouldn't mind running you, either. It's actually rather fulfilling to go through a ton of early dungeons and just wale on everything. My server is Moon Guard, in case you're interested.
Dreamaniac
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Dreamaniac