♥Merchandise♥

Talk to the creators of Drow Love and discuss this DnD-based comic.

♥Merchandise♥

Postby Luminance on Mon May 11, 2009 12:06 am

No, I'm not joking.

Here's what I'd like from this thread: IDEAS!

Tell me your favourite lines, your favourite pictures, your favourite jokes. Anything you'd like to see on a t-shirt/bag/skateboard/mousepad/whatever and we will MAKE IT HAPPEN.

We're setting the prices as low as possible, but are making a teeny tiny bit off each purchase! Help us pay for a domain name!

Thanks, guys!
Luminance
Regular Poster

Re: ♥Merchandise♥

Postby Le Candy Corpse on Mon May 11, 2009 6:07 am

Well it's kind of a no-brainer but you HAVE to do the meme's. Things like "HE NEEDS TO INGEST IT", boat shaped things, the Flan flan, perhaps the infamous pineapple? well, and this Image
[that gets me every time x3!]
I don't really know, these are just a few of my favorites. I seem to be a fan of OOC, which might be a problem, since not all of the... can you call them customers yet? have experienced this.
However you can never go wrong with a classic DrowLove in those fancy pink letters.

[>3> i would totally buy all of this in button form.]
Only Granth Can Kill Gods
Le Candy Corpse

Postby Yubi Shines on Mon May 11, 2009 10:56 am

As much asspain as it might be to redraw things... I think we're going to have to. I was hoping that Illustrator or Flash could trace the bitmaps for us, but I tried it with a couple of posts (this and this, if you must know) and the quality was always choppy. It's passable but I wouldn't print it on a shirt. Their requirements for raster pictures is:

* be saved as .png, .jpg, .bmp, or .gif (transparent formats, i.e. .gif or .png, are preferred)
* have a minimum resolution of 200 dpi
* maximum size of 3000 x 3000 pixels
* and a maximum file size of 3 mb

...And they have a limited number of vector designs allotted to stores.

It's possible to clean them up (Flash is really friendly when it comes to that), but it takes a long time. And then Flash exploded and made my monitor go all blooey and crashed my computer.

So Yeah. In the long run it'll be better to re-draw or draw new things for the store (as in the case of the holding hands picture).
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Yubi Shines
Regular Poster

Postby Luminance on Mon May 11, 2009 11:23 am

Yubi Shines wrote:logic

Yeah! I have Flash 8, I figured I'd do up nice versions of whatever we wanted. :3 Shea has Illustrator, too, and is SUPER OMG AWESOME at making vectory versions of the characters. I dunno if you guys saw her KAEDO but he was my wallpaper for like, ever.

Oh, and I don't even know what they mean about vector stuff. I uploaded an .eps of one of the logos and it like, didn't work, so I just reuploaded a raster version that was really high res. *shrug* It doesn't seem to be a problem as long as we export everything hugexhuge.

Le Candy Corpse wrote:"HE NEEDS TO INGEST IT", boat shaped things, the Flan flan, perhaps the infamous pineapple? well, and this Image

HAHA I did an experimental "HE NEEDS TO INGEST IT" shirt yesterday, with PINK GLITTER TEXT and a love potion icon, and then discovered that it ups the price of the shirt like CRAZY to put things on it, (um, duh) so I stopped and decided to sleep on it first. I'll toy with that one some and try to get the price down, or all our tshirts are gonna cost like $20. D: I should probably redo the one that's up there, as well, and make sure I'm doing this in an intelligent manner.

Le Candy Corpse wrote:I seem to be a fan of OOC, which might be a problem, since not all of the... can you call them customers yet? have experienced this.

We REALLY liked the OOC-on-shirts idea too. :D That's DEFINITELY DEFINITELY something we were thinking. Most of it should make some sense after reading the comic, anyway! I think. I hope.

Le Candy Corpse wrote:However you can never go wrong with a classic DrowLove in those fancy pink letters.

WE HAVE SO MANY VERSIONS OF THE LOGO. XD Which one did you have in mind?
Luminance
Regular Poster

Postby Le Candy Corpse on Mon May 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Luminance wrote:
Le Candy Corpse wrote:However you can never go wrong with a classic DrowLove in those fancy pink letters.

WE HAVE SO MANY VERSIONS OF THE LOGO. XD Which one did you have in mind?

I noticed this! and to choose just one would probably kill me inside. However this font/colour scheme seems to be iconic to me?
http://tinyurl.com/p84r5r However I did notice the one you used for your store. Since this will been a lot by anyone entering the site, that might make for a better option.
[also pink glitter? ;w; that sounds too perfect to be real!]

Yubi-
O:!! i believe in you!!
Only Granth Can Kill Gods
Le Candy Corpse

Postby BobTheDragon on Mon May 11, 2009 7:12 pm

holy crap, I do not remember making this: http://drowlove.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/Article/Index/article/Bliss-Mens-4531481

regardless, I think I NEED it.

Also: I SWEAR ONE OF THESE DAYS I'M GONNA STOP BEING LAZY AND TAKE A PICTURE OF MY SHITTY HOMEMADE SHIRTS. SOMEONE REMIND ME DURING THE DAY SOMETIME.
BobTheDragon
Regular Poster

Postby Luminance on Mon May 11, 2009 9:38 pm

BobTheDragon wrote:holy crap, I do not remember making this: http://drowlove.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/Article/Index/article/Bliss-Mens-4531481

regardless, I think I NEED it.

Also: I SWEAR ONE OF THESE DAYS I'M GONNA STOP BEING LAZY AND TAKE A PICTURE OF MY SHITTY HOMEMADE SHIRTS. SOMEONE REMIND ME DURING THE DAY SOMETIME.

X3 Aaahhh glad you like it. There's some new stuff in there now, I want a lot of these myself but have no cash ATM!

You should recreate them on here, Bob! Better faster stronger and all that, right?
Luminance
Regular Poster

Postby BobTheDragon on Tue May 12, 2009 10:21 am

OH MY GOD.

THIS.
http://drowlove.spreadshirt.com/us/US/S ... ns-4532167
I NEED IT IMMEDIATELY. WHY DID YOU GUYS MAKE THAT INTO A SHIRT XD XD XD???
*flips out*
*buys it*

This is my favorite of my homemade shirts: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/BobTheDragon/shart.jpg
It needs the rest of the characters on it though :< My other good shirt is in the wash. My third shirt is OUTDATED ART WHICH I DON'T LIKE ANYMORE. >:<
Also: Ignore the mysterious individual who decided to stick her eye into my shot.
BobTheDragon
Regular Poster

Postby Luminance on Tue May 12, 2009 10:37 am

OMFG you have the comment canvas and everything. XD WTF.
Luminance
Regular Poster

Postby BobTheDragon on Tue May 12, 2009 4:12 pm

Luminance wrote:

OMFG you have the comment canvas and everything. XD WTF.

I'm a bit of a dork, you see. :B;;;
BobTheDragon
Regular Poster

Postby lsp_acca on Sat May 16, 2009 11:02 pm

Argh they don't deliver to Russia T_T
Me & Enaa totally want that flan-with-kitties shirt :(

I also like the HE NEEDS TO INGEST IT one but I think it needs a Pyras =)
lsp_acca

Postby Luminance on Sat May 16, 2009 11:36 pm

lsp_acca wrote:Argh they don't deliver to Russia T_T
Me & Enaa totally want that flan-with-kitties shirt :(

I also like the HE NEEDS TO INGEST IT one but I think it needs a Pyras =)

WTF why not. D:

I wonder if we can find a way to get them to you anyway? Like have someone else order it for you, and then ship it out with an exchange of money?
Luminance
Regular Poster

Postby AmaXennos on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:20 pm

ZOMG! I lurve the TOTALLY SEXAY Lue&Drea handholding one! I'm tottally getting one of these for Christmas~ Or at least asking for it
ALSO! Granthcatbot keeps you waaaaaarm~
AmaXennos

Return to Drow Love is Tough Love