[OOC] Coral Island RP Discussion

Talk to the creators of Drow Love and discuss this DnD-based comic.

[OOC] Coral Island RP Discussion

Postby Yubi Shines on Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:07 pm

... *twiddles thumbs*

So yeah. The thread opens just before Drea's ship arrives at the dock. I figure we probably want to stay away from the dock in general, or if we want to witness what happens to stay at a distance. Maris is sitting in some undisclosed part of town with bedhead and general mopeyness.

Shini knows more about the island than anyone else, so if you have specific questions about it, she's your man.

The roleplay is more or less open to anyone who wants in, but if you get poked for doing something awkward for whatever reason, please listen. :> Most RP snafus can generally be worked around; it's rare that something actually has to be retconned.

I'm wondering about how the character profiles should be set up -- the format of our wiki character pages is a bit intensive for this RP. What do you think about just filling in the statistics (Age, Gender, Height, Weight, etc) and then one or two paragraphs of Description, which would cover things like appearance and personality and biography?
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Yubi Shines
Regular Poster

Re: [OOC] Coral Island RP Discussion

Postby Luminance on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:59 pm

YUBI THIS IS AWESOME.

I say, if we aren't doing applications and are making profiles optional, just let people do whatever they want for it. c: Variation might be kind of fun! So just "Post something about your character on this thread" I guess!
Luminance
Regular Poster

Postby BobTheDragon on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:43 pm

Luminance wrote:YUBI THIS IS AWESOME.

I say, if we aren't doing applications and are making profiles optional, just let people do whatever they want for it. c: Variation might be kind of fun! So just "Post something about your character on this thread" I guess!

This sounds distressingly fun to me X33 I'd love to see everyone's takes on that
BobTheDragon
Regular Poster

Postby Dirigible on Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:32 am

Ladies and Gents I give you a dazzling ditty, a brilliant ballad, a rambuncious ryhme about a magnifcently monsterous humanoid.

Found in many a tavern,
wench house or dank dive,
he's left the pack cavern,
far behind, to arrive,
on the island known as Coral.

Tharsk the Gnoll,
sleeping in alleyways ever so dank,
could be considered quite droll,
despite thats hes skinny and lank,
and has a grin you could fall into.

patterns of white hair cross his muzzle,
Whilst his teeth are sharp and long,
its unlikely that he'd guzzle,
any of the islan'd teeming throng,
Hes been taught of 'ettiquette' by a Barbarian skald.

Of witty words and silly stories he likes to think,
ditties that embolden or merry the soul,
he sure likes to eat, feast and quoff drink,
his eyes twinkling with savage mirth black as coal,
So don't be scared when he looms behind you at the bar,

Just offer a tankard of ale, and some food,
interspecies relationships will not be marred,
he'll tell jokes dirty and lewd,
You'll wish you'd never seen his face all scarred,
because hes quite fond of company,

and his friendship you'll forever gain,
tell you things really wise yet rude,
until you wish he'd refrain,
from saying things ever so cryptically crude,
You'll beg but it won't help

As he relates that time,
in his animalistic braying,
that he ate a half-orc,
You'll be feeling rather queasy when hes saying,
"tastes like pork!"

(Oh man, that was really rather too much fun.)
Last edited by Dirigible on Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heres something I prepared earlier!
Dirigible

Postby Shinigamii02 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:30 am

OMG Dirgible that is bloody brilliant! Cheers!

Name: Astrafis Armgo, of House Barrison Del'Armgo
Race: Drow
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 98lbs
Skin: Black
Hair: White, short cut.
Eyes: One eye red the other covered with a metal patch. A spider is engraved on the front of it the silver item.
Build: He's thin, and lanky with no real strength. But tends to be rather quick on his feet.
Class: Necromancer
Level: LOL not powerful enough to take on Granth..

Description: Astrafis is a thin, weak drow. But what he lacks in physical strength he makes up in power and looks. As handsome as most drow are, the only thing that marrs his looks is the silver patch that covers his right eye. His hair is cut short but has a habit of sticking up around the back of his head. Bed head? Some will never know. He prefers long black robes to hide his frame, though his favorite color is orange, and sometimes forgets to wear pants. He prefers to walk barefooted though sometimes he likes sandles or boots. He talks wildly with his hands, and has a tendency to talk about tea, and the lining of the moons that will obviously signal the coming of the great lama, destroyer of worlds. When this subject arises he screams and runs for it. He's fellow members would not call him crazy as more eccentric. Having the habit of placing all his furniture on the ceiling and claiming that there shadows were plotting to over though his tea cozy. His favorite tea is black berry with lemon. And he loves cream cheese scones. Despite his obvious leanings towards the strange, he is a brilliant mage, with a leaning towards alchemy, and science. Having created War constructs, and potions. He even has a knack of creating spells.

Background: When Astrafis was younger he was perfectly healthy, well minded and evil. A student in the tower of Sorcery in Menzzoberazan, he survived his peers and fellow students to graduate and become a house Mage. One day while on a mission from his Sisters he stumbled across the surface. And into a group of patrolling Woof Elves. A Conflict was inevitable and after raising many undead he was taken down finally and captured.

He was placed in prison there for years, the elves never deciding if they should kill the drow. As he had not technically killed anyone on the patrol. So he sat there, visited only by one beautiful Wood elf. Her name was Rearrea. And after spitting at her, snapping at her, calling her ugly names, kicking dirt at her, and even flashing her a few times he grew used to her visit. And to test that she was making progress, refused to visit him for 2 days. In which of course caused out hero to pace his cell restlessly to look threw the small bars out into the small elven village. Looking for that familiar dress hem. When she learned of this she came back, Astrafis was excited to see here and couldn't stop talking. About how terrified he was that she would not come, they shared there first kiss threw the bars of his cell. And 3 months later was released under a type of probation. And they were married, 2 years later. He had never been happier, and was soon worshiping Corellon;Long now turned from the Spider Queen.

On the eve of there 4th year of marriage news that there patrol had been hit by slavers and taken to the underdark rushed threw the village. Many widows and widowers mourned the loss. Astrafis couldn't sit by and watch them suffer, he volunteered to return to the Underdark and free them. On the day of his journey his wife joined him and together with a small team they headed underground. After finding the captives they fought hard, but had not expected that Matron Mother Baenre would be traveling with the Slavers. Astrafis freed his friends at the cost of his own freedom. His wife refused to leave his side, and they were taken to the Underground city were he was tortured to insanity for 12 years, his beautiful wife killed before him long ago. Broken in more ways than one he made his escape, running across Matron Baenre he took her by surprise, and raped her. When he finally made it out into the darkness, the only thing people could here was his manic laughter.

9 months later Matron Baenre gave birth to her third son....

So yea there we go. I'll try to get a picture of Coral Island up at some point. Until then yeah you guys can ask me anything.
HE NEEDS TO INGEST IT!
Shinigamii02
Regular Poster

Postby Luminance on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:20 am

Dirigible wrote:A POEM

Dude, WHY aren't you playing a bard???

Also, Shin: AHHHHH. X333333

I don't know wtf I'm playing yet, I need to do more research.
Luminance
Regular Poster

Postby Dirigible on Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:08 pm

Luminance wrote:

Man what is my obsession with dang druids... You're right I don't need another on cluttering up the place :)
Lets make him a bard, makes sense with how talkative and mocking I'd imagined him as being. A Gnoll skald.
Heres something I prepared earlier!
Dirigible

Postby Luminance on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:28 pm

Dirigible wrote:
Luminance wrote:

Lets make him a bard, makes sense with how talkative and mocking I'd imagined him as being. A Gnoll skald.

AWESOME.

I am searching through water creatures. Kuo-toa are pretty cool, I guess. It looks like my options are "bipedal alligator with spear" or "hot chick who might have blue skin." I was kind of hoping for a zora-like happy medium. XD; Nixies look pretty cute. Tritons look like mermaids with legs.

More research!
Luminance
Regular Poster

Postby Yubi Shines on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:32 am

Name: Maris Iuvenson
Birthdate: April 18
Race: Human

Class:
Eh. In AeonRO, she's a blackguard, but there they're not played as evil paladins (kind of). In DnD-terms, she's most likely a rogue-fighter multiclass with lots and lots of useless knowledge ranks.

Appearance:
She defines "intermediate": Maris has the muscles of a fighter-when-necessary; is rounded, not thin or fat; of middling height. Her eyes are pale brown, and they miss very little. When it comes to temperament, it is usually very even and laid back, except when it isn't.

A signature item of hers is her heavy overcoat, worn in all weathers. It is nominally pale blue, but the shoulders are bleached, the cuffs are lacelike and ragged, and it is blotched with grey. While the fabric itself isn't unusually thick, it contains several inner and outer pockets, most sewn in by her. Among other things, they hide her weapons. Maris is not an enthusiastic fighter, but when she has to, she isn't a small threat. In her own words, she "does what needs doing."

Maris wears sturdy clothing and sensible boots, usually blue, white or grey. Her hair is a dark red and neatly cropped, usually tucked under a cap.

Biography
(THINGS THINGS THINGS ALL HAIL FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER STUFF)
Yubi Shines
Regular Poster

Postby Le Candy Corpse on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:13 pm

D= oh dear goodness, I know this is a little bit off topic and I'll get to my character in a bit but YUBI, YOU SCARE ME!!
[and now's the time to share useless info]
my dream last night involved YOU as an evil paladin killing off everyone, just because you could. and look! -points accusingly at class- right THERE.

I'm warning you, guys, she's cooking something up.
Only Granth Can Kill Gods
Le Candy Corpse

Postby BobTheDragon on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:38 pm

Le Candy Corpse wrote:D= oh dear goodness, I know this is a little bit off topic and I'll get to my character in a bit but YUBI, YOU SCARE ME!!
my dream last night involved YOU as an evil paladin killing off everyone, just because you could. and look! -points accusingly at class- right THERE.

I totally had a dream Autem was an uber intelligent vampire overlord. I think yubi just gives off evil-vibes. :<
BobTheDragon
Regular Poster

Postby Shinigamii02 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:07 pm

BobTheDragon wrote:
Le Candy Corpse wrote:D= oh dear goodness, I know this is a little bit off topic and I'll get to my character in a bit but YUBI, YOU SCARE ME!!

I totally had a dream Autem was an uber intelligent vampire overlord. I think yubi just gives off evil-vibes. :<

I think Yubi is actually harmless and fluffy. Kinda like Flancat!
HE NEEDS TO INGEST IT!
Shinigamii02
Regular Poster

Postby Le Candy Corpse on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:15 pm

Shinigamii02 wrote:
BobTheDragon wrote:

I think Yubi is actually harmless and fluffy. Kinda like Flancat!

I disagree, to me, she's intimidating ;o; very much so. The fluffyness is clearly a ruse, so she can learn all your juicy weaknesses. She's crafty I tells ya! Yubi's not a person I could look in the eye XD
Le Candy Corpse

Postby Shinigamii02 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:22 pm

I disagree, to me, she's intimidating ;o; very much so. The fluffyness is clearly a ruse, so she can learn all your juicy weaknesses. She's crafty I tells ya! Yubi's not a person I could look in the eye XD

Lol what part of the Flancat part did you not get? XD
HE NEEDS TO INGEST IT!
Shinigamii02
Regular Poster

Postby Yubi Shines on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:58 pm

I did spend most of today singing the Cruella De Vill song while going about my business...
Yubi Shines
Regular Poster

Postby Shinigamii02 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:24 pm

Yubi Shines wrote:I did spend most of today singing the Cruella De Vill song while going about my business...

Le Gasp!
HE NEEDS TO INGEST IT!
Shinigamii02
Regular Poster

Postby Luminance on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:45 pm

WIP~

Name: Rriilp
Birthdate: He does not know his actual birth date, but counts himself as a year older each spring.
Race: Water Genasi

Class:
Somewhat non-practising cleric ("whip") of Blibdoolpoolp, and low level rogue.

Appearance:
I tried to write something here and he's just so damn weird looking that I end up getting all purple prose-y. So you know what, pictures.

He's blue-green and scaly with betta-like fins and webbed fingers/toes. His hair is like an anemone rather than actual hair, it just kind of moves around on its own. It doesn't grow very fast at all, which is lucky, 'cause it would hurt him to cut it. He's got big dark fishy eyes and kind of looks like he is going :o all the time.

I don't know what he'll be wearing yet, but I can almost guarantee he won't have that weapon or any of his jewellery.

Biography
Rriilp grew up in a kuo-toan city in the Underdark. No one in particular wanted to care for him, so he was taken into the church. He became very passionate about his religion and was eventually allowed to become a cleric. He took his duties very seriously and ended up earning a fair amount of respect among the kuo-toa in his city. Drow were a common sight for him; Rriilp finds them interesting since their faces look more like his than the kuo-toas do, but their biology is so obviously different.

At some point, he was captured by slavers (not drow ones though), probably while he was outside of the city and/or alone but I really have no idea yet. :D Any valuables he had were taken and he was taken into the slave trade on Coral Island. He is currently owned by... a character who hasn't actually been made yet! Unable to practise his duties as cleric, he instead focused on learning ROGUEY STUFF that might one day help him escape back to the kuo-toan city!

Rriilp speaks Undercommon, Aquan, and Kuo-toan. He likely knows a few words of Common from the slavers or his master, but did not know any at all prior to his capture. He has a bit of a funny hunched-over walk that mimics the kuo-toas he was raised with, and is rather lacking in human social graces, though has a strong grasp on lawfulness and is good at following orders, in most cases.

The rest will depend on his master's character, I think! c:
Luminance
Regular Poster

Postby BobTheDragon on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:56 pm

Shinigamii02 wrote:

Lol what part of the Flancat part did you not get? XD

XD
Flancat's fluffiness is not a ruse, it's there for entirely functional purposes. It's to keep him warm >:< The derived cuteness is ENTIRELY not his fault >:<<< geez

also:
Luminance wrote: He's got big dark fishy eyes and kind of looks like he is going :o all the time.

that's the cutest thing ever X333
BobTheDragon
Regular Poster

Postby Luminance on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:31 pm

BobTheDragon wrote:
Luminance wrote: He's got big dark fishy eyes and kind of looks like he is going :o all the time.

that's the cutest thing ever X333

You think that's good? Imagine that as a little kid. X3
Luminance
Regular Poster

Postby Le Candy Corpse on Fri May 01, 2009 5:40 am

XD poor kid probably got beat up over that.
"whatchoo starin' at?"
"what me? D= I'm not staring!"
"yes you are! >O you're staring! stop that, it's a glandular condition!!"
"DX I'm noooooot"

Yes, it would happen like that. Probably more so when in slavery. [just throw a bit more cursing up there and I'm sure you can imagine it XD]
Le Candy Corpse

Next

Return to Drow Love is Tough Love