"What do you think about the colour?"

A place for users to talk about current updates and post fan-art.

"What do you think about the colour?"

Postby Miquaight on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:31 am

:(

I don't likey.

When you do it in b/w with eyes/red the pages look more "layered" or... "3d" which isn't the right description but you probably get what I mean.

The colour makes it look a bit flat and watery.

Sorry to send a message moaning but I have followed the story so long I felt I should be honest!

Jen
Miquaight
Regular Poster

Re: "What do you think about the colour?"

Postby Kaeven on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:20 am

I like it and I don't like it. It makes everything look...realistically pasty.
On the plus side, I think it gives it alot of depth and a more "Real" feel...but in the end, it makes it feel like the lighting in each scene would feel gross if it literally touched anybody's skin. o_o

So...uh...step in a cool direction but not quite there yet? *hesitant thumbs up*
...and on the eighth day God sobered up.
Kaeven
Regular Poster

Postby Nuraeariel on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:34 pm

I disagree, I think the color on page 621 was great, adding dimension and emotion to the faces and expression, and far from flat or pasty. The current page may look a little washed out because of the lack of a light source. Considering we've only seen 3 or so pages where the color has been noticeable, I think we need to see more before we can give it a fair judgement... I do like the black and white with color accents too though, I always was impressed with that aspect as it would be easy for an all grey/black palette to get flat and it almost never/rarely was. I guess just keep tweaking it, Anne! Maybe you'll find a system that works. :D
Anne: GET OUT OF THE CAR AND GO TO KINKOS!!!
Once the water has tasted you...
Nuraeariel
Regular Poster

Postby Allroses on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:42 pm

Well, having the lack-of light source pages look washed out is actually a pretty big issue since the vast majority of ARHT pages are lacking in a light source.

As Nura said, 3 pages is probably too short of a time to come to a full conclusion. To make sure there's time for everyone to adjust, I will ask that you bear with me for this chapter (sorry sad face Miquaight!), and I will continue trying to figure out the color or lack of. If you wanted to comment on the color progress of pages at regular intervals as you have done above, I would appreciate that. At the end of the chapter I'll try and have a more definitive idea of whether I'm keeping it or not. And maybe somewhere in that time I'll get some more responses.

okay?
Val'Cielle - A post-apocalyptic winter, a dragon goddess, and people who aren't happy about either.
All Rose Have Thorns (NSFW) - A story about angsty, pansexual vampires, and the ghosts, faeries, and people that surround them.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Postby Miquaight on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:37 am

Lol of course its ok, I'm not going to stop reading if it stays :P

Think of the amount of times the style has changed. The THIK lines, the more cartoony expressions, the way you drw the characters tottally different 4 times.

I'm still loving it!

Maybe I'll come to love it :P
Miquaight
Regular Poster

Postby Miquaight on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:03 am

625 looks awesome :)
Miquaight
Regular Poster

Postby Allroses on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:53 am

You mean . . . the color looks awesome?

You got won over in 2 more pages? XD
Val'Cielle - A post-apocalyptic winter, a dragon goddess, and people who aren't happy about either.
All Rose Have Thorns (NSFW) - A story about angsty, pansexual vampires, and the ghosts, faeries, and people that surround them.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Return to All Roses Have Thorns