Chapter 25 Comments

A place for users to talk about current updates and post fan-art.

Chapter 25 Comments

Postby Allroses on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:18 pm

It's that time again!

And no, not to spin the wheel of morality, to make a new chapter comments thread!

I've inked the first 8 or 9 pages of this chapter so far, and the faces look so good! I'm really pleased with them! I hope you will be too!
Val'Cielle - A post-apocalyptic winter, a dragon goddess, and people who aren't happy about either.
All Rose Have Thorns (NSFW) - A story about angsty, pansexual vampires, and the ghosts, faeries, and people that surround them.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Re: Chapter 25 Comments

Postby Nuraeariel on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:30 pm

Is this page colored or is it just the lantern light? It looks really good! :)
Anne: GET OUT OF THE CAR AND GO TO KINKOS!!!
Once the water has tasted you...
Nuraeariel
Regular Poster

Postby Allroses on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:20 pm

Haha, I'm glad someone finally mentioned the color!

I've actually been playing with colors since CF phased through Struan's dungeon door. I've been thinking about doing it from the last full colored page, where Struan was talking to Neala. The last page of last chapter was more a full color thing, but I didn't like that as much as the CF scene. Which brings us to today's update:

The lantern light is the most colored, but the shadows are also faintly blue tinged, and I've let a tiny bit of very desaturated color peek through on the characters near the lantern light. I will probably continue to play with this some more, though I like today's page a lot.

I'm still not really sure what to do in pages where there's no specific light source. Like vampires just talking to each other in the hall or any room, really. They don't need a light. Maybe a blueish palette?
Val'Cielle - A post-apocalyptic winter, a dragon goddess, and people who aren't happy about either.
All Rose Have Thorns (NSFW) - A story about angsty, pansexual vampires, and the ghosts, faeries, and people that surround them.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Postby Nuraeariel on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:36 pm

Ha ha haaaa! Perfect, Colly. What else would you say if you found Faylin being a creeper just inside your door? :lol:
Last edited by Nuraeariel on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuraeariel
Regular Poster

Postby Nuraeariel on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:38 pm

Allroses wrote:Haha, I'm glad someone finally mentioned the color!

I've actually been playing with colors since CF phased through Struan's dungeon door. I've been thinking about doing it from the last full colored page, where Struan was talking to Neala. The last page of last chapter was more a full color thing, but I didn't like that as much as the CF scene. Which brings us to today's update:

The lantern light is the most colored, but the shadows are also faintly blue tinged, and I've let a tiny bit of very desaturated color peek through on the characters near the lantern light. I will probably continue to play with this some more, though I like today's page a lot.

I'm still not really sure what to do in pages where there's no specific light source. Like vampires just talking to each other in the hall or any room, really. They don't need a light. Maybe a blueish palette?

I thought it had something to do with the story arc... like the more independent Faylin truly gets, the more color in the story or something. Either way, I like it.
Nuraeariel
Regular Poster

Postby Shinji16 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:09 am

Unless it has major MAJOR story/plot implications, I highly recommending keeping the comic with the same B+W with eyes/blood color scheme that it has. It seems really weird to suddenly start coloring it, especially when given the nature of the story having just eyes and blood colored makes fantastic sense.

Thoughts?
Take care and be safe!
Smile - life is good!
Shinji16

Postby Allroses on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:12 pm

No, the color isn't story relevant, and I want to keep it scaled down, desaturated, except maybe on the lighting, but putting more color in has been something I've been thinking about for a few months now, so I'm going to play with it some more. Trying new things and methods with the shading and inking has always helped keep the comic making process interesting to me, so experimentation is important.

I haven't, however, found something I definitively love yet, coloring wise. The differences between the pages are probably pretty subtle to you and you don't notice them much, but I do. So I will keep experimenting!

Also, the reason blood and eyes were colored at the beginning was really due to poor planning and lack of ability on my part.

poor planning = having a scene where eye color change would be important in a supposed to be black and white comic
lack of ability = Will people know this is blood if it isn't red?

You are all welcome, of course, to voice your opinions though.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Postby Shinji16 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Allroses wrote: Also, the reason blood and eyes were colored at the beginning was really due to poor planning and lack of ability on my part.

poor planning = having a scene where eye color change would be important in a supposed to be black and white comic
lack of ability = Will people know this is blood if it isn't red?

You are all welcome, of course, to voice your opinions though.

Poor planning, ability issues or not, your original color scheme fits A LOT better in my opinion. But it's your comic and your call. I just truly believe it should stay B+W with the little bits of color as it has been.
Take care and be safe!
Smile - life is good!
Shinji16

Postby Nuraeariel on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:20 pm

LoL Colly's faces today are great.

Yeah Faylin, you're not the only one with problems... geeze. XD
Nuraeariel
Regular Poster

Postby Allroses on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:20 pm

For the record, I totally finished today's page on time, and was fairly certain I uploaded it. But as it did not update, that latter part may or may not be true.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Postby BlackFriesians on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:24 pm

I actually remember the page being referenced =D Yay no more fighting!
BlackFriesians
Regular Poster

Postby Allroses on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:54 pm

haha, no more fighting, FOR NOW.

I kind of think that Farrell and Faylin can't help but argue.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Return to All Roses Have Thorns