"Being Human"

A place for users to talk about current updates and post fan-art.

"Being Human"

Postby Miquaight on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:03 am

Hey all,

For those reading from the UK you may already know about the BBC series that ended last week called "Being Human"

It s a modern story about a Werewolf a Ghost and a Vampire living in England today. They find one another through several coincidences and a six part story unfolds. It’s actually very funny, moving and full of great action. (And there is Sex, something many people here like :P)

I don't know if people in the USA can view the I player is all. It's an excellent little series and a 2nd season is being written now. It's not as gothy as many Vampire things out there which gives it a different spin because it's about as "realistic" as it could be I guess.

Oh and the Vampire is Irish. :D

And so you know, it's not "normal" for a vampire and werewolves to be friends in this series... the Main characters are unusual in being friends :)

I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier. The first episode is available until 9:15 PM UK time tonight. I'm gonna try and find it elsewhere so USA people can view it for sure.

Anyway sorry for rambling I just thought many of you would love it :)

First Episode: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Episode_1/
Last edited by Miquaight on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miquaight
Regular Poster

Re: "Being Human"

Postby Miquaight on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:08 am

If you can't see that try this:

http://www.watchbeinghuman.com/

First episode at bottom.

Let me know if it works :)
Miquaight
Regular Poster

Postby Allroses on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:57 pm

Thank. You.

XD

Man, why is the UK so awesome? You've got direct access to multitudes of delicious flavors of Cadbury chocolate bars, and you make awesome shows like Robin Hood and THIS ONE.

The second episode doesn't seem to be working on Zango . . . so I'm utorrenting the whole thing.

I think I liked Pilot Mitchell better though. He was all lanky, tall, and angsty. Angsty vampires....
Val'Cielle - A post-apocalyptic winter, a dragon goddess, and people who aren't happy about either.
All Rose Have Thorns (NSFW) - A story about angsty, pansexual vampires, and the ghosts, faeries, and people that surround them.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Postby Miquaight on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:12 am

Oh fantastic I am glad you can watch it.

I have to say I prefer new Mitchell because he is GORGEOUS.

*Dies*

Sorry.

But I am really made up you can view it. Excellent stuff.

I'm going to sit back and watch it with a big bar of Cadburys now :P
Miquaight
Regular Poster

Postby Allroses on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:03 pm

Dammit! What flavor....? :(

We actually have a few flavors available depending on the store . . . normal, caramel, fruit and nut, roasted almond, and English toffee.....

I have been to Ireland once, and I feel like the chocolate there was a little bit different, not as sweet....

Do you . . . have lots of different flavors of cadbury eggs too....?

And what does, "On the wagon" mean? They keep saying it in Being Human but I think it's some British slang that I don't know. ^_^;;

I really like this show because I'm never really certain where the episode is going to end up!
Val'Cielle - A post-apocalyptic winter, a dragon goddess, and people who aren't happy about either.
All Rose Have Thorns (NSFW) - A story about angsty, pansexual vampires, and the ghosts, faeries, and people that surround them.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Postby Miquaight on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:10 am

Being on the wagon, as in bandwagon...

If you're part of something that many others are, you're on the wagon.

Mitchell fell off the wagon as he left the Vampire Clan.

I think thats how the use it (I can't remember, I can't view them on iPlayer anymore)

May I ask where you're downloading them as a friend tried the Zango think on www.watchbeinghuman.com and it wouldn't work.
Miquaight
Regular Poster

Postby Allroses on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:34 pm

I'm doing them via the program uTorrent, and the website isohunt.com
Allroses
Regular Poster

Postby Miquaight on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Rvehc1 ... re=related

series two just ended here

awesome

awesome

easer trailer above. I hope you can find the series again :)
Miquaight
Regular Poster

Postby valar on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:47 pm

If those Cadburys bars come in dark chocolate then I'm golden,anything else will be devoured after I've had my fill of dark chocolate. :lol:
valar
Regular Poster

Postby Miquaight on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:40 am

lol i love it how this turned into a chocolate discussion :P

Anyway, your american brand Kraft have bought Cadbury. As long as it doesn't start taking like US Chocolate thats fine...

Many people over here are conserned the rulers of Spray Can Cheese will end the dream... hahaha

Oh, and dark cadburys?

http://www.cadbury.co.uk/ourproducts/to ... bournville

De-lish
Miquaight
Regular Poster

Postby Allroses on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:12 pm

I'm not sure where you live, Valar, but there are dark chocolate cadbury bar in my local grocery stores, and I'm in upstate NY.

That reminds me, when I went to India, one of my friends theorized that there would be lots of british snacks there because of their former history. And he was right! And there were new cadbury things I had never eaten, but the first one I bought was all weird and stuff because I didn't get it from an air conditioned place. The chocolate had started to separate, and it was really gross. I was very sad. T_T
Allroses
Regular Poster

Postby Miquaight on Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:10 am

I suppose if you really really wanted I could send you a "care package" and just charge for the cost of the contents (and probably p+P as it wont be super light to send.....)
Miquaight
Regular Poster

Postby Nuraeariel on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:56 am

Oh em gee, Cadburyyyy... *drools*

I miss Violet Crumble and Flake from my Australia days. :( We barely get any Cadbury at all over here!
<~~ West Coast
Anne: GET OUT OF THE CAR AND GO TO KINKOS!!!
Once the water has tasted you...
Nuraeariel
Regular Poster

Postby Allroses on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:54 am

Miquaight wrote:I suppose if you really really wanted I could send you a "care package" and just charge for the cost of the contents (and probably p+P as it wont be super light to send.....)

Haha, no no, that's ok. If I really wanted it, I could just order some from the internet or something. ^_^;;

Nura, don't you have like an Irish store or something out there? Celtic Treasures has Flake, I'm pretty sure. Maybe the west coast is too far from Ireland for there to be Irish stores?
Allroses
Regular Poster

Postby valar on Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Miquaight wrote:I suppose if you really really wanted I could send you a "care package" and just charge for the cost of the contents (and probably p+P as it wont be super light to send.....)

Naw, I should be fine. The stores I go to seem to be increasing it's supply of chocolates(I've counted 3 aisles so far), so I'll keep an eye out for it.
valar
Regular Poster

Postby Allroses on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Back on to topic: Season 2 finished downloading today! Now to find tim to watch it.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Postby Allroses on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:06 pm

O_O . . . .

. . . .

AAAAANNNNNNIIEEEEEEE! :cry:
Allroses
Regular Poster

Postby Allroses on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:48 pm

Allroses
Regular Poster

Postby Miquaight on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:00 am

Sorry only just noticed you'd replied to this!

Well weird the ending or what. Herrick thing was a TINY bit Over the Top for me but ooooh well I love the character so glad he is back.

The chick who got the broken teeth is too though, which isn't so great.

Colly should use that punishment....

I can't see the link because DA is down for some daft reason.

Did you draw it?
Miquaight
Regular Poster

Postby Allroses on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:57 pm

Haha, most of this show is kind of over the top, if you really think about it, but it's presented in such a great way.

I was so happy that the priest came back, even briefly, he was one of my favorite one shot characters from the first season. I keep wondering what happened with that mom and vampire kid....

Even if Collamair did knock out someone's teeth, they'd grow right back. And really, a vampire could just slit someone's throat (or whatever) and drink that way. So while it's a really good shockingly visual thing, and very symbolic, it wouldn't be that effective.

And yes, I did draw it.
Allroses
Regular Poster

Next

Return to All Roses Have Thorns