hmm...

This forum is for discussing the comic and other stuff related to it.

hmm...

Postby Rin on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:08 pm

A lot of web comics seem to be getting sponsors or somthing... well what I mean is they are teaming up with people to make comics.... somthing like that... ok heres an example, Catena which is a comic I read stopped because the artist/writer got some offers from Blue dream studios and some other...companies.... Also Teresa murdock (someone who also does web comics) made a new comic with this other company whos name I cant remember. >_>... maybe I need to make a web comic I need a job!!! ;_;
I am demon kitty! beware!
Rin

Postby Dan The Lefty on Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:39 pm

If you want to make a web comic, go ahead. It's not the best way to make money, though. I just do it for fun. It does help with getting your work out there so that people can see it. My hope is that some day I might get some of my work published (if I ever get that good).

If you have an idea for a comic, then go for it and get a web comic going.
Dan The Lefty
Regular Poster

Postby Rin on Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:35 pm

well income isnt my biggest concern at the moment its more... make income at all xD... and stuff that doesnt tie into my schedual... and I like to draw... hell... all my work is covered in doodles :P so I guess if I get time. Also noticed that if you do a webcomic your drawing skills get increasingly better aka check out http://www.zapinspace.com along with the comic no need for bushido the change is amazing o.o.....
Rin

Postby Dan The Lefty on Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:27 pm

Yeah, I read both of those comics. And in my own experience as well, drawing my comic has helped me improve my work a LOT. I still need to get faster at drawing though (so it doesn't take me two weeks to update). Of course, part of that is the fact that I have 6 papers and 6 projects in one class this semester. So basically, I get to draw one week, then I cram all of the work for a two week project into 3 to 4 days the next week. And at some point I do all the work for my other classes.

Sometimes I wonder if this whole college thing is worth it. And then I realize how much I loath the thought of working construction ever again. That was the worst summer job I ever had.

Wow, I'm just ranting now. I have gone completely off topic. Well anyway, if you love drawing then definitely try making a comic. It's a lot of work, but it's fun.
Dan The Lefty
Regular Poster

Postby Rin on Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:57 pm

<_< meh I bet contruction isnt the happiest job... <_< I'm more of a destroyer type person that a contsructor... for instance in 45 minutes I can practically dissassemble a tree with a machete :DDDDD well it looked like a machete with seraded edges... ^^ what types of classes are you taking?
Rin

Postby Dan The Lefty on Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:06 pm

I'm a computational media major at Georgia Tech. Right now I'm taking Intro to Computational Media (which is the class that's giving me all the trouble), Java (which is incredibly easy because I've been using Java for years), and psychology. I was taking constructing proofs, but I had to drop it because it was the honors section (and Georgia Tech is already a hard school).
Dan The Lefty
Regular Poster

Postby Rin on Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:04 pm

computational media.... never heard of that one... -_- i'm still in highschool but I guess my "major" would be drawing and painting my minor would be.... cooking I guess. <_< I go to newport which is supposedly a good school -_- they force u to take AP classes (AP world history whoopty doo...) <_< I like doing realistic drawings but mine never look realistic.... heres an example of my first attempt at drawing somthing realistic...

and this is what I do in my spare time...

caption "I'm fallen and I cant get up."

<_< I'd be the one sitting on the poor dead guy... D: hes my flesh couch...
Rin

Postby Dan The Lefty on Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:23 pm

yeah, computational media is actually a fairly new major. It's basically studying computers (and programming) with a focus on media aspects (like making games, animations, interactive stories and characters, etc). One project I had to do recently was make a chatterbot. I made a chatterbot of Zeke. It's a great major for someone like me that's an artist and a programmer.

Speaking of art, I like the pencil drawing you posted. It looks really good. Just wondering who it is.

And yeah, I remember AP classes. I took AP cs twice (once in C++ and once in Java), AP calculus, and AP Physics B and C. Georgia Tech only gave me credit for 2 of my AP classes.
Dan The Lefty
Regular Poster

Postby Rin on Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:33 pm

the drawing isnt really of anyone... basically I picked a photo and had to sketch it then shade it in with words.... I think the sketch looked better than the actual finnished product...along with I didnt undestand the word sketch. You're lucky you understand math... I see it as... boring... and I'm failing my AP class cuz I just dont have time for it -_-. D: chatterbots sound fun to make, are they like those things on MSN that talk to you but arent really there? <_< esplain!
Rin

Postby Dan The Lefty on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:46 pm

A chatterbot is a program that you can chat with. You type something in and It will respond by catch key words and phrases in what you entered.

Check out A.L.I.C.E at http://www.alicebot.org/ for an example. I had to use the same markup language that was used for ALICE to make my chatbot.
Dan The Lefty
Regular Poster

Postby Rin on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:20 pm

oh... those things @_@...
Rin

Re: hmm...

Postby Aurelien on Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:30 am

unrelated, but I wanted to say something not in your little "chatbox" thing because it is very limited.
Very nice job on your oil painting. =) The trees look very good and so is the color-blending.
At some point soon, I think I will motivate myself to start one painting of one of the 2 series's I began planning in my head this semester. I'm going to start with basic water-color and acrylic though, I don't think I could oil-paint on a first try.
Aurelien

Return to Pearls of Mer