Vs. Battle #3 SpriteMeister vs. SleepingOrange

A forum where you can talk about SFFMW, ask questions about the comic, post fanstuff, and anything else (within reason, of course).

Vs. Battle #3 SpriteMeister vs. SleepingOrange

Postby SpriteMeister on Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:08 pm

You may start the battle, since I started the topic. It wouldn't be fair to get that kind of pre-emptive strike (or would it...). :P
It's hard to forge someone's signature in Times New Roman.
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:25 pm

All right, well...

The slightly short, dark figure's robe whips in the wind; strange, since the air is still. He eyes the woman standing before him, and mutters some-thing under his breath, gesticulating all the while. Suddenly, he yells one alien-sounding word and points at her.

A cloud forms over her head, pelting her with rain and hail. A bolt of lightning strikes randomly, and a deafening crack thunders through the arena. Suddenly, the rain turns to acid, sizzling on the bricks and the girl's flesh.
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE."

Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:41 pm

As he gesticulates, the young woman waves her arms around the air, gathering energy. She conjures first a large wad of gummy substance and sends it toward her opponent's face, binding his mouth so that he cannot enunciate the spell's incantations properly, causing the spell to 'fizzle'. She then starts creating many pieces of hail (ranging from small to tennis ball sized) over the figure's head.

Edit: Oh, and DCG, this is how you do these battles.
Last edited by SpriteMeister on Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:47 pm

The figure pulls out of his robe a wand in his left hand and a talisman i.n the shape of an arrow. He waves the talisman and disappears, reappearing on the other side of the arena. He swings the wand wildly, sending out a dozen acid projectiles at his opponent in a fan pattern.
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:04 pm

Xylina spins around and starts deflecting the arrows with crude chunks of earth, meanwhile creating angled peices appear under his feet, knocking him off balance. Under normal circumstances, it wouldn't have been that hard to maintain balance, but a very large, muscle-bound man forced him down and started delivering blows with unexpected speed and expected strength.
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:14 pm

Grunting with pain, the figure waves his talisman, and appears right behind the brute. He drops his wand and taps the man on his shoulder. As the figure touches him, the figure's hand turns skeletal. Black lines weave a mesh across the man's skin. His eyes bulge and he stops breathing. As the hulk falls, the figure's hand glows white, and he holds it to his chest. His forming bruises clear, and the gunk drops off his face and disintegrates.

"Well then, let's play one on one, shall we?"

(I'm assuming the 'no insta-death' rule only applies to the main character. If not, I'll edit this post.)
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:27 pm

(I think that's reasonable, but let's let the judge decide ((I'm not going to pass up a chance of getting a character back just for ~reason~)).)
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby Silfedac on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:40 am

(I'll allow it.)
Chaos, panic, and disorder...my work here is done.

"Yesterday upon the stair
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today
I wish that man would go away."
-Hugh Means
Silfedac
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:40 pm

(Fine. Be that way. Cheaterface. :wink: )
Xylina's face fills with terror first, then intense anger. Without a word she conjures a large amount of air in the mage's hand; the pressure exploding his grip with a loud clap and sending the talisman flying. Large chunks of granite start to appear over his head in an attempt to crush him.
Last edited by SpriteMeister on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:14 pm

The figure waves his hand, and a ring on that hand flashes. His flesh fades and goes transparent, taking all his clothes and accouterments with it. His legs fade more than the rest of him, until they are nearly invisible at his ankles. His feet appear to be flow like smoke, and he glides backwards with a surprising speed to the edge of the ring. With another gesture and a few words that make Xylina's ears burn and her hair stand on end, the figure casts another spell. A few lines of glowing orange appear and delineate a cube containing most of the colosseum; the only area outside it is the area where the figure stands. With a rather unimpressive 'fwup' sound, the area within the cube bursts into flames, which continue to dance and burn even with-out fuel.
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:14 pm

Out of the blaze flies chunks of molten earth, toward CB in a spread, leaving him no safe place to run. They burn his skin despite his transparency, as if they too were ethereal (or whatever Orange wants to call it). Xylina can't be seen within the blaze, due to the fires obstructing his vision.
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:56 pm

The missiles pass through the figure, without so much as disturbing a wisp of foot. He raises one hand and closes it into a fist, and the flames dissappear silently. He scans the area for Xylina, while gesturing and muttering. Four figures, each taller than an average man, each wielding, covered in, and appearing to be made of chains, appear, one on each side of the figure.
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:39 pm

Xylina casts aside her makeshift insulating barrier, gasping for breath, as if she had little air inside it. She sends a blast of oxygen at the chain figures, sending it fast enough to bond with the metal on contact. CB gets hit with the resulting shower of oxidized metal (rust, presumably?) and minute cuts appear on his skin from the fine, heated particles spraying at him.
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:49 pm

((Even though, chemically, an oxide needs an anode, a cathode, electrolytes and an aqueous medium to happen in, I'ma let that one go.))

The chain-man in front looks down at its body then up at Xylina. She sees Faru's face, and hears Faru's voice: "How could you do this to me?" He shambles towards her. "Why?" Faru's corpse is no-where to be seen.
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:15 pm

((I'm sorry; I haven't taken any chemistry classes yet))
((Oh, and by the way, it's "Faro", but I'll let that slide :wink: ))

Xylina blinks back her tears and says to herself, "It's just a lie; another illusion..." then sends razor sharp blades of varying substances at CB.
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:22 pm

He's not where she thought he was. The blades thump into Faro's chest. He gasps and gurgles, and falls to the ground. A voice near Xylina's ear whispers "Pity. You had him back, too. Tsk, tsk, tsk... You try to do a favor for some people..."
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:12 pm

"Favor? You were the one who killed him in the first place!"
She conjures up a covering for her face, then fills the arena with poisonous fumes while supplying herself with oxygen.
((On another note, we need to make a rule regarding boundaries, so we may (or maybe not) set limits to how far away one can go before being penalized))
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:28 pm

From the haze comes a figure on each side of Xylina. Chains with blunt and spiked objects on the ends swing at Xylina, thumping into her flesh at exactly the same time.
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:35 pm

When Xylina sees the first figure, she knocks it over with a granite block and runs past it, continuing to fill the arena. Once she feels like she's reached a safe distance from the figures, she looks around for CB.
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:28 pm

CB is nowhere to be seen. The chainmen come running at Xylina, Two in front of her, and one from each side. They swing their spiked chains in the direction of her head.
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Super Final Fantasy Mario World