Vs. Battle #2 SleepingOrange vs. Darth Cloaked Guy

A forum where you can talk about SFFMW, ask questions about the comic, post fanstuff, and anything else (within reason, of course).

Postby SleepingOrange on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:36 pm

((Cheat? You really don't pay attention, do you? It happened earlier in the match (Silf); that was supposed to warn you to be careful. Besides, when my character was destroyed by a randomly generated quantum singularity, I didn't whine about it. It's a game; don't be a baby. It's not even as though being stabbed is un-survivable.

Also, if you'll review, the game was supposed to end at twenty posts; I was trying to expedite the match, since a certain opponent of mine kept stalling and waiting. If you want to pussyfoot around you can deal with the consequences. I suppose I should have guessed this kind of thing would happen around post seven. No matter how you lost, you'd still be a jerk about it, wouldn't you? If that's how you want to go through life, then fine, but don't go pinning your problems on other people.))
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE."

Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby Darth Cloaked Guy on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:45 pm

((No. But double-teaming = not okay. Seriously, I didn't bring my character's minions into this fight. Had you defeated me fairly, I'd not have complained.))
End of line.
Darth Cloaked Guy
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:59 pm

((I'm going to assume that since King Sided with me, double-teaming in fact = okay; besides, like he said, you should have come up with some reason it wasn't lethal: "The nanites in his blood-stream heal the figure in a matter of seconds..." or "Gasping for breath, the figure clutches his side and disappears, reappearing behind the behemoth woman with a sword drawn..." or even "Fearing the worst, the figure activates the contingency explosive at his waist, saying, "I'll make sure you've seen your last sunrise if its the last thing I do.'...". What you did was the equivalent of the kid who's losing at base-ball and says "I'm going home, and I'm taking my ball with me!". Do you really want to be that kid?
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:43 pm

The reason [single player] double-teaming isn't mentioned in the rules, is because it's a judgement call; hence why I'm the judge. I saw it happen, and considered making a call on Orange and having him revise that move; but, as has been said already, he gave you fair warning about the possibility, and it is reasonable to accept that Roseanne would call to her children for help in a battle.
The only reason you lost the battle was forfeit, not because you were stabbed in the back.

I'll give you one more chance at taking an action, otherwise I will declare Orange as winner. If you decide to continue battle, let it be known that I'm only counting 15 posts as used up (all others are either by Silf and I ((It wouldn't be fair to count our posts, otherwise people would clog vs. battles with their own posts to shorten the battles)) or OOC arguing).
You have until Monday, DCG.
It's hard to forge someone's signature in Times New Roman.
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby Darth Cloaked Guy on Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:50 pm

SleepingOrange wrote:((...What you did was the equivalent of the kid who's losing at base-ball and says "I'm going home, and I'm taking my ball with me!". Do you really want to be that kid?

((Not an applicable analogy. What you did was bring a whole nother team for me to play against. If this is what matches on this forum are like, then I'm just going to stay on the other forum where the mods at least try to keep things fair. Not only was that attack bringing an additional non-neutral character in, but also gave me zero opportunity to parry, which on the other forum is termed "god-moding". Both of these infractions are frowned strongly upon, and the double-teaming infraction is virtually unheard of. Bye. I concede this match. Hell, I've already been mortally wounded already.))
End of line.
Darth Cloaked Guy
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:47 pm

Okay. Well, I suppose it's your decision to ignore what the DESIGNATED JUDGE decides is fair/unfair or god-moding/not. I concede to the fact that you are the ultimate authority on such things. You can continue to ignore suggestions regarding how you could have responded (read as (in your words):parry). I can't stop you from whining until your little fingers cramp and fall off. Enjoy being a douche-bag.

Jesus, that was the least satisfying victory ever. I hope you're happy, 'cause you've ruined it for the rest of us.
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby Darth Cloaked Guy on Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:08 am

SleepingOrange wrote:Okay. Well, I suppose it's your decision to Jesus, that was the least satisfying victory ever.

Cheating shouldn't be satifying.
End of line.
Darth Cloaked Guy
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:16 am

SleepingOrange wrote: I suppose it's your decision to ignore what the DESIGNATED JUDGE decides is fair/unfair. I can't stop you from whining until your little fingers cramp and fall off. Enjoy being a douche-bag.

You just can't let it go, can you, you sniveling little tit?

I'm going to lock this topic now, because if I hear another one of your self-righteous, poorly-thought-out, unjustified, poor-sporty rants, I may well have to do some-thing violent.
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:22 pm

I will not tolerate this kind of behavior anymore.
SpriteMeister wrote:After all, we practice good sportsmanship here.

Next time we will handle our problems calmy and keep our heads. I do not want any sore losers whining about "cheating"; what the judge says is final, unless it BLATANTLY violates the rules posted in the Prelims. As well, I do not want flaming on this board, which includes things like "I can't stop you from whining until your little fingers cramp and fall off", "Enjoy being a douche-bag", and "you sniveling little tit". I am not beyond reporting a fellow Mod if he cannot curb his anger.

Let's play nicely next time.

-SpriteMeister
It's hard to forge someone's signature in Times New Roman.
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Super Final Fantasy Mario World