Orange's DnD Campaign

A forum where you can talk about SFFMW, ask questions about the comic, post fanstuff, and anything else (within reason, of course).

Re: Orange's DnD Campaign

Postby SpriteMeister on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:56 pm

(OOC: Why do I always have to be the only conscious PC?)
Trilgat puts his hands out in a non-threatening way.
"Hold up. I don't want to fight. My friend here is a healer, and he can help your friend if you would just let me wake him up."
It's hard to forge someone's signature in Times New Roman.
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:20 pm

The two attacking sprites fly back a few feet and have a quick argument in a language Trilgat doesn't understand; one of them, the original sprite Trilgat encountered, is clearly furious and suspicious; the other, a female with red 'hair' and wings, repeatedly points towards Druid. Finally, the two of them come back to Trilgat. The male sprite says, "We'll let you wake up your friend, but if you try ANYTHING funny, we'll be at your neck." As Trilgat stands up, the two sprites each perch on one of his shoulders, daggers drawn. The other sprite clearly can't decide if it would be better to pull the dart out or leave it in; the stricken one has passed out.
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE."

Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Trilgat walks over to Druid and tries to shake him awake (gently at first, but more violently as he doesn't awaken).
"Druid, we need your help."
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:25 pm

Druid wakes us groggily, blinking. "Wha... What's going on?"
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:34 pm

(helping Druid up to the best of his ability)
"Everyone fell asleep, and I got in a... dispute with these guys on my shoulder. There's one over there that needs healing."
Trilgat leads Druid to the wounded sprite.
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:46 pm

"Ohh... You attacked petals? Poor things. They can be nuisances, but they're really harmless. They just... Don't see things the way we do. They Fey can be hard to understand." Druid bends over and picks up the stricken petal. "This little guy's going to need more than magic; he's got some serious internal injuries. We'll have to take him with us. Go get the others up." Druid breaks the fins off the dart and pushes it through the sprite's torso. He pulls a bandage out of his pocket and staunches the wound.
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:50 pm

To the other petals,
"I am really sorry for doing that to your friend. I didn't want to, but I felt like I had no other choice. For us, putting someone to sleep against his will is considered hostile and generally causes suspicion, even if the reason behind it is good-natured."

Trilgat walks over to wake Jack up.
"Good morning, sunshine."
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby Silfedac on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Jack stirs and starts talking in a sleepy voice.
"Nng...Mommy? I don't wanna go to school today..."
He opens his eyes all the way, and sees Trilgat grinning at him.
"Oh. It's you," says Jack, clearly embarassed. "Who're your friends?" He moves his finger back and forth to indicate the petals.
Chaos, panic, and disorder...my work here is done.

"Yesterday upon the stair
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today
I wish that man would go away."
-Hugh Means
Silfedac
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:42 pm

(Back to my original font color)
"They're petals. All I know about them is that when four of them get together, they can drag a gnome. It wasn't fun learning it, either."

Trilgat wakes the beggar up next.
"How was your nap?"
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:18 pm

The beggar has more difficulty waking up than the others so far have had, and he coughs a few times before answering, "Could have been better; could have been longer.". He tries to get up, but stumbles.
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby Silfedac on Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:00 am

Jack catches the beggar before he falls.
"Careful, there."

-Hugh Means
Silfedac
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:25 am

"We need to get moving. Someone wake our guest and Grey Fox and let's get going; this guy's fading fast"
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:43 pm

Trilgat wakes them up, starting with Grey Fox. He refrains from making any sarcastic comments as he does so.
To Druid "Lead the way."
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:53 pm

Druid continues the way they've been heading all day. Everyone is very quiet, and all the daytime ambient noise has fallen silent, but the creatures of the night haven't started yet. In about twenty minutes the party arrives at the edge of a wooded area. Druid walks a few feet to the left, where there are two trees connected by an arch made of branches tied with vines. He reaches up and pushes on a knot on the left-hand tree; a curtain of soft green light falls from the arch, and druid walks through, beckoning the party to follow him. As they do, they see, after passing through the gateway, a clearing that was not visible from the outside. It's roughly circular, and about 100 yards in diameter; on the opposite side, there's a small wooden hut. Near the hut there's an apparently natural pool. Most of the clearing, however, is taken up by gardens: nearest the hut, there's a patch of herbs; next to that is a large plot of vegetables, including corn, tomatoes, potatoes, and cabbage. To the left of the entrance is a cherry tree, just dropping the last of its blossoms, and a plum tree, already swollen with small fruits. To the right of the entrance is a plot of clearly exotic plants that no one in the group recognizes.

As the party enters, the traveler gets a very far-away look on his face then goes back to normal and shakes his head. Druid walks across the grove and into his hut, still carrying the petal. As he walks he says, "Trilgat, Jack, come into the hut with me; Grey Fox, stay out here with our guest. Beggar... wait, what's your name?"
"Chauncey, lord."
"All right, Chauncey, you come with me."

As they arrive in the hut, they see that it's very simple, and obsessively neat. In the far left corner of the room, there's a bed; instead of a the usual straw-stuffed mattress, Druid has created a pallet in the bed-frame by stacking neatly folded blankets. Above the bed, there's a shelf with a handful of books and a few scrolls; at the foot of the bed is a basket with a cushion in it apparently for a pet of some sort. Hung from the ceilings are strings of garlic, herbs, and one of jerky. On the left wall is a basin with a nearly gone sliver of soap on the rim. On the right, there's a cupboard, probably a larder of some sort, with a few simple earthenware dishes on top of it. In the center of the room there's a small table with a single stool. On the table is a short stack of parchment and a well of reddish ink with a clearly-homemade quill stuck in it.

Druid lays the sprite delicately on the table; the other three fly off of Trilgat and land next to their compatriot. With a gesture, Druid indicates that they shouldn't touch him.

"Chauncey, get on the bed; Jack, if you know a sleep spell, start preparing it; Trilgat, get me a strand of garlic and one of herbs; there should be all of them I need on any given strand. There's a stool by the table if you need it." Druid goes and gets a mortar and pestle and a metal pot off the cupboard and takes them outside.
Last edited by SpriteMeister on Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixing coloring error in last quotation
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:38 pm

Trilgat fetches the garlic and herb, and hands them to Druid.
"That stuff always smells so nasty. I better make sure not to get myself impaled on something."
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:06 pm

"Oh, you probably won't be able to avoid; I use allia in most of my remedies. They have amazing medicinal properties."

Druid dips the pot in the pond and takes it around the back of hut. There's a simple range over a fire-pit; druid stokes up the fire and sets the pot on to boil, and sits down and starts doing things with herbs.
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby SpriteMeister on Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:04 pm

Trilgat pulls out his wood and carving knife and continues his project.
SpriteMeister
Regular Poster

Postby Silfedac on Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:35 pm

Jack starts and looks around. "Hmm? Oh, sorry, I was off in my own little world for a moment. Anyway, you said a sleep spell? That's easy enough."

Jack starts chanting in a strange language.

-Hugh Means
Silfedac
Regular Poster

Postby SleepingOrange on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:11 pm

As the druid's brew boils down, he continues to add herbs and powders to it. As he takes the pot off the range, there comes an odd noise from the woods. A moment later, a six-foot squid, floating about three feet above the ground, comes out of the fringe of the trees. Before anyone can react, it rockets up behind Druid ad butts him in the small of the back. He spins around, and grabs the squid. "Oh, you tentacular goofball! Where have you been?"
Death thought about it.

SleepingOrange
Regular Poster

Postby Slifedac on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:44 pm

Jack looks over, amused. "A friend, druid?"
Slifedac

PreviousNext

Return to Super Final Fantasy Mario World