The end draws near..

The forum for a webcomic. Called Atavism.

The end draws near..

Postby EmergencyExit on Sun May 11, 2008 9:01 pm

Don't you dare make a pun out of that Cope.

Cope is so eager to get this comic over with but I will be so sad when it is gone : (. But seeing the climax in action is almost worth it.

You destroyed my beautiful innocent dancing gay Leander! But..but he's such a awesome villain but...the dancing! I am torn!

I have no idea what the hell will happen next but eager to see it. Not sure how much more there is since you've switched to 5dayweekness, but I just want to stress once more this is one of my most favourite favourite comics top 5 totally (fangirl talk for like the comic). And I'm sure I'll love the next one as well. I saw Atavism made it to the top 25 on CG guide the other day, made me happy. I plan to give Atavism another spotlight before it goes to try to get some last minute readers to it. Because it neeeds more readers.

Anyway, general good job all around.
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster

The end draws near as I draw the end! (sorry)

Postby Cope on Mon May 12, 2008 12:06 am

aaaw, thankies. You know, as endlessly frustrating as comicking can be a lot of the time, stuff like this makes it totally worth it.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Re: The end draws near..

Postby CwDeici on Fri May 16, 2008 3:13 am

I think your comic is the best I've ever read Cope, and we've all read a lot of comics around here.
*fictional hug for author, characters, comic and fellow fans*

Bohooo! :*(
This is just... just like Darken and Errantstory and BobandGeorge's fan and sub-comics and Largo leaving/ending.

- lots of love for your kindness to us readers and God bless in your future endeavors
CwDeici

Not that it's all that visible through the fur.

Postby Cope on Fri May 16, 2008 9:39 pm

You're making me blush. See?---> :shucks:
Image Image
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Re: The end draws near..

Postby 834n on Fri May 16, 2008 11:26 pm

Fitting avatar, Cope.

Man, Liberty Cabbage told me about Atavism about two years ago and I got hooked on it. Doesn't feel like it's been so long since then.

It really is one of the better webcomics I've read. Because of that I'm almost glad to see it coming to a true ending. That might sound weird, but it seems so rare that a webcomic reaches its conclusion that it's great that Atavism will do so. A real accomplishment there, Cope.

Looking forward to your next one. I really have no clue what to expect from it other than a fantasy setting, cause Atavism sure wasn't a run of the mill grungy city setting :D Well, I expect a lot of killing... but that's about it.

On that note, even with your reputation for killing off so many characters you managed to surprise me in some way with just about all of them. I think Seth's death was the most shocking, cause he was like the first somewhat major character to go. Sigma's death was almost heartbreaking and while I knew Leander was going to defeat Grey, I did not think he'd do so in just a few panels. Even the guards Seth and the cultists killed, Bucket's henchmen, and that one dude with the oozie Grey killed at the beginning had enough development to make their deaths have a little impact.
In short, you may kill them, Cope, but you certainly don't trivialize death.

Anyway, well done and whatnot. Looking forward to the conclusion.
ImageImageImage
834n
Cartoon Hero

THE END IS HERE! REPENT! REPENT!

Postby Cope on Sun May 18, 2008 6:25 am

834n wrote:that one dude with the oozie Grey killed at the beginning

Y'know, Uziel, Jo, Fox and Socks were all supposed to die in the first chapter and never be seen again, but ol' Uzi was the only one who ended up following the original game plan. Poor bastard.

Um, anyway...thanks muchly for the kind words! :D
Image Image
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Return to Atavism