Pairings?

The forum for a webcomic. Called Atavism.

Pairings?

Postby GoneLookingForMyself on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:44 pm

There's got to be some people reading this awesome webcomic still... So if anyone does, and happens to find my post, what pairings do you support? Go crazy! Go beyond the obvious! Life, death, moral assignment and other paltry things do not matter. Let's see crack!
As for me, first pairing I'd go for I'd say seemed semi-canon to me at least - Pablo/Joanne. Their interactions were really cute, to me, and how pretty much the last thing you see is her 'talking to him.'
I'm tempted to say Arthur/Sam, but on consideration I think they have more of a father-daughter type of thing.
And now I proceed to go insane.
Leander/Sam.
(Yes, I was encouraging others to go crazy so maybe they would accept me doing so. Muahahaha.)
All I have to say about this one... there's nothing to say Leander can't be bisexual. And I've always been crazy about heroine/villain pairings (the protagonists are the closest thing to heroes/heroines this comic has) so Leander/Sam just jumped out at me from the very start of their encounters. With liberal fanwinking, there's quite a few 'moments'; it's a crack, dysfunctional pairing, but I can't help loving it.
Btw, to Cope - is this your first crack pairing? If so, please accept it as a rite of passage as well! *shakes hand* I might end up drawing fanart for it... I'm already writing little drabblish things and swearing a lot (Avatism has that effect on me) because Avatism isn't animated so I can't make vids for it (never got the hang of slideshows).
Cheers, and if anyone sees this please add to the insanity, and show Avatism love!
~
I have gone looking for myself. If I come back before I return, keep me here!
GoneLookingForMyself

Is it sad that I still check this forum regularly? Eh.

Postby Cope on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:41 pm

GoneLookingForMyself wrote:There's got to be some people reading this awesome webcomic

Ooh! Ooh! I do! ....wait, no I don't.

Welcome to the forum, Looking! You'll have to excuse the cobwebs.

Btw, to Cope - is this your first crack pairing?

You know, I think it might be. Hooray!

....unless making my own crack pairings counts? No...no, of course it doesn't.

I'm already writing little drabblish things and swearing a lot (Avatism has that effect on me)

Oh no! I'm a terrible influence!
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Re: Pairings?

Postby GoneLookingForMyself on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:11 am

If it's any comfort, it's not just Atavism (which I just realized I misspelled all through the first post :oops: ) it's a combination with Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, Red vs. Blue, and certain relatives I won't name names of...
Oh, and I ended up drawing a Leander/Sam pic. I haven't uploaded the finished version yet, but this is the sketch...
Scan0004.jpg
I love drawing Leander in his shadow-tentacle form, but it requires a LOT of ink, so I haven't filled it in yet.
(316.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet

...if that worked.
GoneLookingForMyself

Avatism, Atavism...I try not to be pedantic.

Postby Cope on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:17 am

Oh my! Leander's getting pretty frisky there. :O

GoneLookingForMyself wrote:Atavism (which I just realized I misspelled all through the first post :oops: )

Ha ha...don't worry, you're not the first. A number of people made that exact same spelling error back in the day.

I love drawing Leander in his shadow-tentacle form, but it requires a LOT of ink, so I haven't filled it in yet.

Just between you and me....I never really used to ink Leander's suit/tendrils in full; I would just scan in black and white and use the bucket-fill tool.
Image Image
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Art programs don't like me. They are jealous of my skill. :P

Postby GoneLookingForMyself on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Just between you and me....I never really used to ink Leander's suit/tendrils in full; I would just scan in black and white and use the bucket-fill tool.

My more advanced computer-art... thingy... (notice how delightfully adept I am with these things) won't accept the type of file my scan was... or any type I could convert it to... so I ended up coloring it with Paint. Cutting a VERY long story short, it was... difficult. But it IS colored now... I was originally going to leave it black-and-white, but my copy off the computer is uncolored, so I decided to color the one on it.
L+S.jpg
Coloring's a bit flat, but it turned out better than I expected. Which isn't saying much, as I'm a bit of a pessimist, but anyway...
(165.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet

And actually, I don't think it's sad that you still check the forum... I think it's sad that more people aren't still reading Atavism. I mean, I've read completely through it twice and the last three chapters (because Leander is epic in them) four times, and I'm still hooked on it. It's got to be one of the most compelling things I've read in a while.
AND, my post now has 30-something views. *waves arms frantically* Why doesn't anyone answer???
GoneLookingForMyself

Computers just hate we fleshings.

Postby Cope on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:51 pm

GoneLookingForMyself wrote:

My more advanced computer-art... thingy... (notice how delightfully adept I am with these things) won't accept the type of file my scan was... or any type I could convert it to... so I ended up coloring it with Paint. Cutting a VERY long story short, it was... difficult.

I use GIMP, myself. I understand it's not up to the professional standards of Photoshop, but it's very robust for a free program.

Thanks for the art! It feels kind of weird getting gift art for a comic that I finished three years ago...but in a good way!

AND, my post now has 30-something views. *waves arms frantically* Why doesn't anyone answer???

Keep in mind that a lot of those views probably came from bots. In fact, i had to delete a spambot's post just this second.
Image Image
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Return to Atavism