Nightmare Before Christmas 3D~!!!

Forum for discussing Emergency Exit, Undead Friend and other works by NJ Huff.

Nightmare Before Christmas 3D~!!!

Postby EmergencyExit on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:52 am

Ok my excitement wasn't satisfied with a brief mention of this, it deserved its own thread. I only learned a couple days ago this even existed. Today, despite still recovering, Ima totally go see it. TOTALLY GO SEE IT! TNBC! Back in theaters! In 3D! Ok I have low hopes for the 3D part, but I've just been waiting for forever for them to re-release the damn movie. Yes, this is my most favourite movie, seen it millions of times, own the soundtrack, all that crazyness. It's been since what, 1993 or whatever since I saw it in theaters for the first time? Love love love.

That is all.
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster

It's my forums I can post as much as I want

Postby EmergencyExit on Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:27 pm

Nobody shares my excitement? BAH! Well I went, I saw, I was pleased.

Though plenty of theaters locally here played it Orion and I still drove about a hour to go see it in Corvallis, because we were meeting up with my buddies Marcus and Robbie and they live all the way in Salem, so it was like the halfway point. On the way we picked up my friend Amy, so it was a big old party of us nerds in the theater. Marcus and I so kept singing along.

They had these awesomely ridiculous bad ass sunglasses that you use for the 3D effect so we all looked pimping in them. Well except me apparently, I was told I fail at being badass, mainly my hair. I have mad scientist hair. Pictures below!

How was the 3D itself? Actually allot more impressive than I expected it to be. There's still some glitches in it, might mostly be due to the fact they edited a 10 year old stop motion movie to try to fit the technology. So scenes where characters moved too fast was a bit of a headrush, and images doubled over once in a while, but for the most part it's pretty damn sweet. It really added depth, things really felt closer or farther away and stuff jumped out at you and all that jazz. So it was really neat for me personally to get to see my favourite movie in a new light, especially since I saw that movie like 50 times and thus know it all by heart so not many surprises left. Movies made specifically for this format should prove to be most awesome, the Disney logo itself at the beginning made us all go "ooooo!"

Don't try watching it without the glasses though, is crazy looking. It's a big improvement from those damn silly red blue glasses. Only in theater for three weeks though, so you gotta see it while you can, good news is there are no previews. Bad thing is you do pay like 2 extra dollars for the glasses. Plus seeing movies in general is expensive, but for me it was totally all worth it.

Now I really gotta make sure I don't make a fancomic, cause trust me, for as long as I have been a fan of it I have had an epic one brewing in my head.

Some group shots of us being dorky

Orion and myself

Me in a oversize coat (Robbie to my left)

Which Amy found adorable and thus wanted a picture with me.
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster

Postby Eheheh on Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:34 am

Okay, so from those pictures (specifically the last one), I conclude that you are kinda tiny. Would that be accurate?

Cool that you had fun, there is no way in hell that movie is ever gonna be shown where I live, so I'll just have to take your word as to the awesomeness of it.
Collecting evil laughter since 1993
Eheheh
Regular Poster

It should be everywhere!

Postby EmergencyExit on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:01 am

Keep a eye out on your theater listings you never know. And yes, I am tiny. Im about the same height as Saya, barely 5'3. Though doesn't help everyone around me is freaking tall. Amy in that last photo is 5'11 (Delaine's height! Dealine was inspired by Amy after all). Orion is 6'2, so yeah, small person with tall people makes me look very very tiny.
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster

Return to EE Comics