What is it, dodgy navigation day?

Forum for discussing Emergency Exit, Undead Friend and other works by NJ Huff.

Postby Roofpig on Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:33 pm

Oh, oops. Well, you both have forum names with "e"s in them, and I got the message early in the morning after having just woken up, so mistakes were bound to made.

And people wonder why I drink as much coffee as I do.

Either way, thanks for the tip-off Eheheh-who-is-not-NJ! ;-)

Now to find out how else I can embarrass myself before the day is done... wait a minute, where are my pants?!?
In due time, there will be something here. Other than this sentence that is.
Roofpig
Regular Poster

Postby RunAwayPenguin on Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Yeah, its a month since you were talking about it, oh well.

I've actually had similar problems with ComicGenesis in general, comic pages won't load on my desktop, but with a laptop, they work just fine. Both computers run the same browser (Firefox). And pants? Who needs 'em? It's the man trying to keep you down!
Cup o tea?
RunAwayPenguin

Safe for now anyway

Postby EmergencyExit on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:21 pm

Well CG was having server issues for like what, six months? It was pretty bad. Things should run smoothly for a while now. Speaking of laptops, I just got my tablet pc today, whoo hoo. Still recovering so haven't had much opportunity to mess with it yet but shall be very useful when school starts for EE work.
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster

Laptops

Postby Trotun on Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:53 pm

I know from experience that the batteries die quickly. 3-5 hours I forgot...it was a long drive from Flordia ok? :P If you're gonna be in a place with plug outlets then no prob. :wink:

ps Along that ride i drew a dragon! YAY!
yes, I am a halo fan. I made this myself. Although I can't say I am pleased with it...
Trotun

Re: Safe for now anyway

Postby RunAwayPenguin on Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:44 pm

EmergencyExit wrote:Speaking of laptops, I just got my tablet pc today, whoo hoo. Still recovering so haven't had much opportunity to mess with it yet but shall be very useful when school starts for EE work.

Yeah, I've been meaning to ask how you edit and such. Jus' a good ol' mouse and photoshop? I'm guessing you don't have a Wacom product lol. I'm just glad I don't have illustration obligations, the only thing I have is an old hyperpen 6000u that prefers windows 98..... Haha, speaking of tablets, I got a chuckle over a proposition to my states school board to have them in public schools.

And Trotun, yeah, laptop batteries suck, but some are just plain horrible. The one I mainly use has a life of about an hour before it completely dies. I think most colleges have plenty of outlets, especially the library.
Cup o tea?
RunAwayPenguin

Tablet Weeeird

Postby EmergencyExit on Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:50 pm

I tried colouring with my laptop today. It's weeeeird. Slowed me down some since I am new so switched back to computer to get updates done. With some practice is could be really useful, especially like shading with it. It's main purpose is a better than nothing method for when I am stuck at school between classes and buses. My battery doesn't seem to be too bad, the laptop does tend to get hot though.

So yeah regularly just Photoshop and mouse, couple months ago started using 7.0. I do comics in pencils and inks first, the rest is digital, usually backgrounds are digital too, all made with mouse. Eventually looking to try to ink with the tablet to cut out price of ink pens.
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster

Postby 834n on Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:59 pm

If nothing else you might find the tablet to be amazing for special effects. Pen pressure. Mmmm.
ImageImageImage
834n
Cartoon Hero

Postby RunAwayPenguin on Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:12 pm

Well practice blah blah blah ya know. I think you shouldn't have problems with inking on the tablet, but I'm not too familiar with tablets. When you use it like a normal laptop, a pad is a good investment to avoid getting singed.
Cup o tea?
RunAwayPenguin

Previous

Return to EE Comics