Welcome!

A Forum to discuss the comic "A Fox Tale", among other things. Pick a topic, play nice, and have fun!

Welcome!

Postby Kit630 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:42 pm

Welcome readers, new and old, however few or many of you there are!

http://afoxtale.comicgenesis.com

Megafox and myself hope that you enjoy the comic. It has been a blast for us to make thusfar, and despite some update delays I think it's really coming along better than I could have hoped. Right now we've got plans for the comic all the way up to chapter 4. Chapters will be between 25-35 pages each, and will either form a single short story arc, or combine into slightly longer story arcs. They will all (to a point) progress the overall story, which will be revealed through different means in the as the comic pushes onward.

Short of death and/or dismemberment, I plan to see this comic to the end. Megafox and my wife both keep me fueled and inspired to make that next page. Special thanks to them.

A little bit about the comic. Megafox and myself make the comic together in the old, free version of Open Canvas, a free program in it's earlier stages that allows you to network together with other artists and draw on the same board. We flesh out the "pencil" sketches. Next, we pitched in and bought a copy of "Comic Book Creator". I generally arrange the pencil sketches in their panels, add text baloons and whatnot, and send it back to Megafox. He generally inks the sketches (Now that they have been fit into their panel boxes and maybe even resized) and then sends it back to me. I then remove any pencil lines left over from the lower layers in Open Canvas, convert it to a BMP, then color it using layers in Photoshop. After that, I resize the picture, save as a .PNG, and upload to Comic Genesis.

Hope that didn't spoil any of the mystery. It's actually a pretty easy process. The hardest parts are inking, and thinking up what the characters say.. heh. But heck, that's what scripts are for.

Anyway, enjoy!
Kit630

Thanks

Postby Sagi on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:00 am

I'm glad I could be of help! :D Can't wait to see more of the comic though! Keep it up, guys!
Sagi

Return to A Fox Tale