Post-Apoc RPG

A place to talk of things parallel and demented.

Post-Apoc RPG

Postby 834n on Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:35 pm

I wanna thank Mort for letting me post things related to my Post-Apoc RPG here. Mort, I'll try not to kill your character off too fast :D

Firstly, here's a website to go to for the rules on D20 Modern, which we will be using. I encourage the players to look at the Basic Classes and Mutations to get an idea for their characters.

EDIT: This site is also good. A bit more interactive but not as much info. Has the basic classes though.

Now, players can be any of those basic classes to start out, and start at level 1. Next thing is races. Those are good to have.

Humans-
You know them, you love them, you can't have a game without them.
Humans survive mostly in places called Oasis (pockets of land, often cut off by mountains, that are safe from radiation and can still harbor life like normal. these lands are highly valuable because they can grow food) or in lands of low radiation. They very just as much in culture as they do today, if nor more.

1 Bonus Feat at starting level. 1 Bonus Rank per level (4 at level one). In addition, do to their vulnerability to radiation, humans get +2 to Diplomacy.

Mutants-
Mutants run from tiny winged people to giant scaly monsters to the even weirder. Some are the descendants of humans who somehow survived radiation, their DNA warped severely. Some are the decedents of humans who underwent genetic testing long long ago. Mutants, like humans, range the gambit in culture, but tend more toward barbarianism.
Mutants are required to take at least 2 Cosmetic Mutations (mutations that only effect appearance) In addition, they gain 4 points to spend on Positive Mutations without having to get Defects to even it out. If they wish, they can take Defects and add the points gained from those to the bonus 4 (A mutant could aim for 2 points of Defects, giving them 6 points total, and taking wings) Mutants also get +8 on Fortitude saves against radiation. There base size is medium and their base land speed is 30 ft.

Roachkin-
Roachkin are highly evolved roaches as smart as most humans. They may be the result of boosted evolution (seeing how most roaches lived through the apocalypse) or long past genetic testing, but they see themselves as a young and bold race. Some Roachkin believe that the world is rightfully theirs to inherit while others get along with the humans and mutants. They tend to live in small clans and are often nomadic.
+2 con (come on... they're roaches...) -2 str (size small). Roachkin are size small, along with its bonuses and penalties. They tend to stand on four back legs (giving them the benefits of a quadriped) with two fully functional arms.
Roachkin can see in the dark (darkvision 120ft) but in bright light, such as a well light room or a sunny day, they take -2 search, spot, and ranged attack rolls.
Their roach-like qualities give them several resistances. Including +10 on fortitude saves against radiation, 5 damage reduction against heat, and the ability to eat decaying matter as food.

Okay, as far as Advanced Classes go, feel free to (when you reach the level needed) take anything from the standard Advanced Classes (barring any magical classes, though the Battle Mind and Telepath are okay as they are psychic) or from the Future book (though keep in mind that many of those classes rely on ships or space, which is a no-go.)

Now, for Mutations I'd prefer you to work with me in person, as I want you to roll for defects and would like to be there to see your PAIN!

Same goes for items. You'll get them in person.

That's all I can think of for now. This should be fun.

CHARACTERS

Mort- Human. Dedicated Hero.

Sput- Mutant. Tough Hero.

Vort- Human. Fast Hero. A knowledge seeker who looks for and preserves old books when he can. Keeps a journal on his life.
http://www.rpgwebprofiler.net/view.php?id=50939

Orion- ??

Rock- Human. Strong Hero.
Last edited by 834n on Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:39 am, edited 9 times in total.
ImageImageImage
834n
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sput on Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:38 pm

meeeeeeeeeee I AM A MUTANT K.
lazy sput is lazy.
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup

Postby 834n on Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:41 pm

That reminds me, I'll edit in a section for character concepts so far.
ImageImageImage
834n
Cartoon Hero

Postby The Mortician on Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Oh I'm definitely human in this game. Probably most standard hero the rules have. Wit is not my friend in this caper, because of the quest at hand. I'll have the bio soon.
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby 834n on Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:40 pm

I guess a Strong or Tough hero is what you'd be looking for as a base class then. They both seem to be pretty classic types.
ImageImageImage
834n
Cartoon Hero

Postby Vorticus on Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:51 pm

I'm about as unclassic as they come. Which is normal for my RPing :D
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby The Mortician on Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:02 pm

Attachments
doodlesrpgmoret.jpg
doodlesrpgmoret.jpg (33.66 KiB) Viewed 617 times
The Mortician