Back in the swing

The offical message board of The Forsaken webcomic; a place to discuss all things Interactual.

Back in the swing

Postby Jameslong on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:26 am

Hello.

Well, with 2.5 new pages currently finished, I'm thoroughly confident enough to say the Forsaken is back and not going away any time soon. So what happened to my novel? Good question. On re-write number 5, it stopped being fun. And when you're not a professional writer, you sure as hell don't do it for the money.

I wrote my book. Several times. I may write it again, some day. I even sent one of the drafts to several agents and publishers. The agents were nice enough to get back to me at least. Honestly, it doesn't matter how good of a writer you are in the publishing world. What does matter is that you don't put your horse before the cart (like I did) and start by trying to tackle a novel. It's possible to be successful that way, but not likely. I should have been writing short stories for magazines, instead. My problem is I don't read many magazines, so I feel a bit pretentious buying them with the sole purpose of finding out if my writing would fit into it...

Anywho, I enjoyed writing while I was doing it, so it wasn't an entire waste. I also got a lot better at it. You can't put 2 years into something and not improve. So I'm sure the forsaken will benefit from that, too.

So now my challenge is winning back (or developing a new) readership. I have a few ideas for this, including a revamp of the website. I'd like to make it cleaner and less 'glowy.' Additionally, I'm thinking about designing Forsaken tee-shirts. I'd like some feedback on that idea before I start talking to screenprinters, though. I'd probably sell them at cost.

oi! gotta go to work.

thanks for dropping in
The Forsaken - Updating Mondays. Mostly.
Jameslong
Regular Poster

Re: Back in the swing

Postby Arcnaver on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:28 pm

Glad to hear it! Looking forward to following to more of your world! Sorry you couldnt get your book to work!
Arg! Me Name Be Adam... ARRRG!!
Arcnaver
Regular Poster

Re: Back in the swing

Postby Jameslong on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:20 am

I'm just putting it down for a while... like I did with the forsaken. if something you're doing isn't fun anymore, it really shows in the quality of your work after my last read-thru i could tell i had been struggling for a while to make it work.

glad to have ya back tho, A. :D
The Forsaken - Updating Mondays. Mostly.
Jameslong
Regular Poster

Return to Forsaken, The