Wacom, other drawing pads.

The offical message board of The Forsaken webcomic; a place to discuss all things Interactual.

Wacom, other drawing pads.

Postby Arcnaver on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:09 pm

Any recommendations for a simple Wacom/pad/whateveryouwanttocallit Device.
What I want it to do... I want to beable to Draw on the computer.
My Uber 1337 abilities... none, I suck really bad at drawing anything... So a super duper pooper Pad is not what Im looking for, just something to play with.

Basically, just a drawing pad to dink around with thats not going to break the bank. Bank is less then .50 cents.
Arg! Me Name Be Adam... ARRRG!!
Arcnaver
Regular Poster

Postby Jameslong on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:20 am

the newer wacom products are more expensive than last generations'. I'm really sorry I didn't send my old graphire to you... i had another friend buy it from me.

but Graphire is wacom's consumer product (cheaper) and the intuos is geared (and priced) more for professionals. Your best bet to get one cheap/used is to look on Ebay. You can get replacement pens, nibs, and even tablet shields I think, through Wacom's website... the two latter items wore out quickly on my first graphire.

But anywho, if you can find a graphire3... the previous generation... you'd probably save yourself at least $30 or so and I seriously doubt you could tell the difference between the two. At least I know the difference between graphire2 and graphire3 was negligible, as I used both. However, the difference between graphire3 and intuos3 is very noticable.
The Forsaken - Updating Mondays. Mostly.
Jameslong
Regular Poster

Postby Arcnaver on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:03 am

I was looking on Ebay, its funny, they will sell you this $20 product, and say your getting a deal, and then tack on $20 in shipping. I was kinda discouraged when I was noticing that. Ill keep my eyes open for the graphire. Hopefully ill see something. Not like im a good drawer but man, I really hate tinkering around with a mouse to draw, its painfull.
Arg! Me Name Be Adam... ARRRG!!
Arcnaver
Regular Poster

Return to Forsaken, The