Pogs and Banners

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Pogs and Banners

Postby Illoustrioustaco on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am

I kind of have a question about the pogs, banners, and other assorted artwork that needs to be approved before official use. Specifically, how long it takes to get them approved. I made the banners and a pog nearly as soon as I got my first few comics up, but its been over a month since I uploaded them (2011-05-13 and 2011-05-18 respectively) and they haven't been approved yet. I'm really just curious about how long its going to take, and I'm curious if comics without a whole lot of updates and/or pages get lower priority for approvals than comics with lots of pages and well... stuff available?

I created a banner right away, and decided I didn't like it after I uploaded it so made a different one and uploaded it the next day in hopes that it would replace the first one I tried to upload, would that confuse things? I'm half afraid to use either banner until after one gets approved.

Also, I'm wondering if there's a program other than photo shop for opening PDFs since I don't have said program, and the pog I made I had to erase the background out of the tiff and work from that. Being completely broke and rather unwilling to pirate photo shop or other high end programs, I'm working off of Paint.net and Manga Studio Debut, which while it claims to export in PDF, wont open PDF. This meant I couldn't use the template that can be downloaded from the wiki site.

My comic is named Deep Dark, here, and I don't have much up yet (I'm trying to keep it simple so far because html gives me screaming headaches) but I am trying to improve it as I go.
Illoustrioustaco

Re: Pogs and Banners

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:42 am

I'm sorry that I can't really answer your question about how long things are going to get approved. As for photoshop, however, you could try GIMP, which you can download for free.

The only thing I can say about getting things approved is that there is a very small group that approves banners/pogs/chans, and most of those people aren't around much any more. There are some users who have been waiting many months to get their things approved.

Hopefully someone else can be a little more helpful.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Re: Pogs and Banners

Postby Cope on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:07 pm

I can confirm that the GIMP opens PSD files just fine.

Illoustrioustaco wrote:I created a banner right away, and decided I didn't like it after I uploaded it so made a different one and uploaded it the next day in hopes that it would replace the first one I tried to upload, would that confuse things?

If I recall correctly, having two banners approved will cause them both to be displayed interchangeably with your Guide entry. But the Guide is barely functional any more, so it doesn't matter.

I'm half afraid to use either banner until after one gets approved.

Don't be. The only purpose of having banners approved is so they can be displayed in the Guide, which as I already mentioned, is deprecated anyway.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Return to Help Center