Comics Not Updating - Something is clearly wrong

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
RobertBlake
Regular Poster

Re: Comics Not Updating - Something is clearly wrong

Post by RobertBlake »

My comic updated fine, but now my storyline dropdown is on the left side of the screen when before it was in the middle (where it should be). I tried using a <center> tag, but it didn't take. This is just on the index page. On the archived pages, it appears just fine.

Aerones
Regular Poster

Post by Aerones »

My page did not update yesterday, and since I'm not online every day I didn't notice it until a couple of hours ago. The first thing I did was to use FTP to reupload the page (thinking the error was on my side) and then I went to siteadmin to force an update.

It told me there were 7 pages in the queue. This was like three hours ago. Every 20-30 minutes I go back and reload the siteadmin page to check up on the queue.

At one point it told me there were 2 items still queued and at another 14. It's been at 10, and 4, and 6, as well as back at 7 multiple times...

I'm gonna have to log off soon and won't be back online until Monday at the earliest so unless it clears the queue in the next 20 minutes or so I won't be able to check on it again until after it's been delayed for 5 days.

I'm a bit bummed.

Anythingbutreallife

Post by Anythingbutreallife »

Hey guys what's up

I've run a full update more than once, I've tried putting them in the other directory like that other guy said, and it's still not updating. Thursday's comic is the last one that went up, friday's and todays aren't uploading.

What am I doing wrong?

Cope
Incompetent Monster

AAAAH! The sky is falling!

Post by Cope »

Anythingbutreallife wrote:What am I doing wrong?
It's probably nothing you did. In fact, all sorts of things appear to be screwy at the moment.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

Xwhy
Regular Poster

Post by Xwhy »

I put the pages in the public_html directory as suggested. No luck. I'm still showing wednesday's comic.
My backup site gets errors when you click on the comic because it's pointing a page that doesn't exist yet.

Stretch Longfellow

Post by Stretch Longfellow »

What are those of us why have joined within the last year supposed to do? I still don't have access to the Site Admin page, so the only way I can update is waiting for the usual update time, which apparently is not working.

Forsakenstars
Regular Poster

Post by Forsakenstars »

Same here. I've done everything everyone has done in this thread, and still no change.
Starring The Vampire Azzi & Captain Sera Besh. Updates Mon and Thurs.

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

Moonfreight3: Just manually ran an update for you. You're good to go.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

Allroses wrote:I ran a regular update and my page showed up, but now my site navigation is not even remotely loading because i have most of the buttons in an ***include*** file. The CG wiki says that include files are different: "This tag will act more like the C programming language's #include preprocessor directive statement. If this tag exists in a file, AutoGenesis will load file from /workspace/webpages (instead of /public_html) and insert it in place of the tag before processing any other tags that are in here. AutoGenesis will check for ***include tags first before any other tags. This tag is considered a preprocessing tag. "

Does anyone know anything about C? I don't really understand what this says.
It means that it checks for ***include*** tags, brings them all in first, flattens the file down, and then checks for the other tags.

Run a full update, and post in a new topic if it doesn't work.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

RobertBlake wrote:My comic updated fine, but now my storyline dropdown is on the left side of the screen when before it was in the middle (where it should be). I tried using a <center> tag, but it didn't take. This is just on the index page. On the archived pages, it appears just fine.
Try using <DIV ALIGN="CENTER">***dropdown***</DIV> instead. <CENTER> is legacy stuff in HTML 4.x and will be removed in HTML5.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

Aerones wrote:My page did not update yesterday, and since I'm not online every day I didn't notice it until a couple of hours ago. The first thing I did was to use FTP to reupload the page (thinking the error was on my side) and then I went to siteadmin to force an update.

It told me there were 7 pages in the queue. This was like three hours ago. Every 20-30 minutes I go back and reload the siteadmin page to check up on the queue.

At one point it told me there were 2 items still queued and at another 14. It's been at 10, and 4, and 6, as well as back at 7 multiple times...

I'm gonna have to log off soon and won't be back online until Monday at the earliest so unless it clears the queue in the next 20 minutes or so I won't be able to check on it again until after it's been delayed for 5 days.

I'm a bit bummed.
Don't be. Fire of a update manually, and you'll be ok.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

Anythingbutreallife wrote:Hey guys what's up

I've run a full update more than once, I've tried putting them in the other directory like that other guy said, and it's still not updating. Thursday's comic is the last one that went up, friday's and todays aren't uploading.

What am I doing wrong?
Don't touch Public_html!!! We keep telling people that. If your site's screwed up because you weren't using AutoKeen before the switch then you need to convert your site over to using AutoGenesis.

If you're using AG, though, let me know your username here and I'll poke around it today.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis

BionicDance
Regular Poster

Post by BionicDance »

I think it might be stuck again; the queue's been sitting at 4 for the last several minutes, and my page for today didn't come up during the night.

Either that, or a lot of people are running full updates...
If normal is relative, then I'm an orphan.

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

Stretch Longfellow wrote:What are those of us why have joined within the last year supposed to do? I still don't have access to the Site Admin page, so the only way I can update is waiting for the usual update time, which apparently is not working.
You can trigger an update through Quickadmin. I'm trying to find the time to rip-out Siteadmin and replace it with something a bit more sane. I'm also looking into OpenID, making everyone who has a comic able to use it as an ID to log into other places. If you have a Yubikey we may offer the ability of having you use that to log into Siteadmin. All research.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis

BionicDance
Regular Poster

Post by BionicDance »

STrRedWolf wrote: You can trigger an update through Quickadmin.
Quickadmin won't accept my username/password.

[EDIT: Never mind...there it goes.
If normal is relative, then I'm an orphan.

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

BionicDance wrote:I think it might be stuck again; the queue's been sitting at 4 for the last several minutes, and my page for today didn't come up during the night.

Either that, or a lot of people are running full updates...
The count is inaccurate, and I'll dig through it to switch it to the right table for the queue count. We're currently running comics 4 at a time, and I've just switched it to 10. That should speed things up within an hour.

You're still in the queue, hon! Give it time. It is cleaning up. It's down to 5623.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis

Subi

Post by Subi »

I just did a full update through QuickAdmin, and it all went through fine, comics now all up to date. Just one thing though: My comic now appears to be by some bloke called "ARRAY(0xd130c0)". :)

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

Subi wrote:I just did a full update through QuickAdmin, and it all went through fine, comics now all up to date. Just one thing though: My comic now appears to be by some bloke called "ARRAY(0xd130c0)". :)
That's a bug. Let me know your comic's username or URL, and I'll fix it in AG.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis

Subi

Post by Subi »

STrRedWolf wrote:
Subi wrote:I just did a full update through QuickAdmin, and it all went through fine, comics now all up to date. Just one thing though: My comic now appears to be by some bloke called "ARRAY(0xd130c0)". :)
That's a bug. Let me know your comic's username or URL, and I'll fix it in AG.
revolutionbaby.comicgenesis.com. Cheers!

MoulinSP85
Regular Poster

Post by MoulinSP85 »

I just wanted to let the admins know that using QuickAdmin fixed my comic up for me as well. Thanks so much for that! :D
Drawn since 2005. Relevant since 1988.