Is NSFW and adult content allowed?

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
Post Reply
Amaya Fanel
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:27 am

Is NSFW and adult content allowed?

Post by Amaya Fanel »

I've been fleshing out a comic that I'd really love to host here but I cant seem to find a sold yes or no if adult and NSFW content is allowed in the comics. I planed on having some light nudity and adult themes somewhere along the line in it and I'd like to know if I have to omit it or find a way around it.

Thanks for your time.

User avatar
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3245
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: the spoonited plates of Americup
Contact:

Re: Is NSFW and adult content allowed?

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

Short answer: Yup
Image
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

Amaya Fanel
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:27 am

Re: Is NSFW and adult content allowed?

Post by Amaya Fanel »

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Short answer: Yup
Thanks so much!

User avatar
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3245
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: the spoonited plates of Americup
Contact:

Re: Is NSFW and adult content allowed?

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

Glad to help. If you want to get particular about it, you can edit your ratings and stuff via siteadmin (I think) and the CGWiki. It's pretty straightforward. That way if you have a mature comic or an NC-17 one, you can stamp the label on it so people who can't deal won't look at it, or so people who are looking for something naughty will find it easly :P
Image
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

User avatar
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2397
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:21 am
Location: Australia

Re: Is NSFW and adult content allowed?

Post by Dr Neo Lao »

As stated above, CG does not impose limits on content except for legal reasons - copyright violations are definitely not allowed and outright illegal material (such as child pornography and bestiality) are not allowed (though furry art is, which is kinda a gray area).

"Simple" adult material is allowed, there are several comics hosted by CG which are of questionable moral standing. Having said that, as stated above, it is considered common courtesy to label your comic with an appropriate rating (US style, basically same as movie ratings) so people have the informed option to decide if they want to read your comic or not. Indeed, some people self-impose an NC-17 rating (highest rating) in order to attract more visitors even though they do not have any actual NC-17 material in the comic.

Self-rating higher is frowned upon but not a biggie. Under-rating is a big no-no. You would get in serious trouble if you rated your comic as G and had NC-17 material (not that you would).

The other thing is with NC-17 comics, the "common" thing to do is to have the rating at the top and the index comic (the latest) be further down the page than normal so that someone won't accidentally see something they did not want to see if they arrive at your comic by accident.

Post Reply