o o o Can't Log into SiteAdmin? Read this thread! o o o

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Re: o o o Can't Log into SiteAdmin? Read this thread! o o o

Postby Mastermind on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:22 am

Man, this sucks... I wish I could help. You're really patient though. Try again with a new account maybe?
Mastermind
Regular Poster

Postby ChrusherComix on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:25 am

OK, having a problem here. Nothing works for me at all, so I need a little help.

I've been a member since 2005 and I have had two large web-comics up since then:

http://chrusher.comicgenesis.com/
http://towner.comicgenesis.com/

Usually, I have had very few issues (other than occasional slow updates). However, when my old PC's hard-drive finally died after a long sputtering illness, I lost my login abilities and have not logged into either of my sites in months. I can't log into FTP, I can't log into the site-admin, and I couldn't log into this forum (hence I created this new account). Also, I cannot log into a password finder/fixer because both Firefox and IE report that they are insecure and tell me not to go there.

Any help would be appreciated. I've always found everything easy to use, but it seems like nothing works for me anymore. What do I need to do? Thanks! :)
ChrusherComix

Postby ChrusherComix on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:09 am

PS - I have not been able to login yet, but I suppose I'll eventually be able to figure it out. I'll try again, but most of my attempts have been futile.

Other than that, I have a few questions though.

1. I've had complaints from people who say that my pages either load slowly or not at all. I'm planning on correcting some depreciated scripts and code and all that - long overdue and going to work on them soon - but have CG servers been acting slow for everybody or just me?
2. I read that if we request, we can either have the comics hosted by CG via our own domain names. Is this difficult and would this make all of my old links invalid if I do this?
3. Also, I also read that there may be a way to revenue share and/or use Google ads? Are any of these possible?
ChrusherComix

Postby ChrusherComix on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:07 am

. . . . . . :eyebrow:
ChrusherComix

Postby Mastermind on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:30 am

There's that "domain parking suspended" sticky, might be more info there.
Regarding the ads, I think only project wonderful is allowed.
And I didn't check all of your pages, but I think they're loading fine.

Can't help you with logging in though, old users seem to have problems coming back lately :(
Mastermind
Regular Poster

Postby MELdungeon on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:54 am

I'm having a problem and I've had my account, UnmeiSekai, since 2005/4 around March. I think that is when I signed up for an account and I tried the capital letter thing with the user name and didn't seem to change things. I tried a couple of passwords it could have been but they don't work and I can't remember what it could be off the top of my head. My account is attached an old email account that is defunct, von_fanel90@hotmail.com. When I tried to reset the password it said "404 error". Please advise...water...becoming sparse and food nowhere ....to be...found...*gackt**sputter*
-MEL
MELdungeon

Postby Bliss Creed on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi; I've had my account for less than a week now, and now when I try to log into SiteAdmin (v.2), I can't. I'm using the right username and password; I have all the emails telling me I am, and I've done all the right stuff, but it still doesn't let me inside.
Bliss Creed

Postby misfortunaterai on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:30 pm

is not working. my username isnt recognized. it is kinda ticking me off, for this is the second time if registered.
misfortunaterai

Postby Kisai on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:42 pm

On Nov 21st I've deleted all 0-post forum accounts. If anyone did not make a post in the "fuzzle mcduffies" thread, then your forum (and siteadmin) access may have been removed.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby cryhavoc on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Kisari, I had a comic with this site a few years ago that I put on hold, but having made no forum posts, my loggin has been deleted and I cannot access my comics ftp. Who should I contact about reactivating my account?
cryhavoc

Postby LibertyCabbage on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:37 am

cryhavoc wrote:Kisari, I had a comic with this site a few years ago that I put on hold, but having made no forum posts, my loggin has been deleted and I cannot access my comics ftp. Who should I contact about reactivating my account?
Hi cryhavoc,

You can always PM Kisai or STrRedWolf with your technical issues. However, I don't think you need your old forum account to access your FTP. The FTP username is your comic's subdomain, and it can have a different password than your forums account. Try either logging into SiteAdmin with your new forum username and password, and adding in your FTP info there, or downloading a third-party program or add-on (such as FileZilla) that handles FTP. And if you forgot your old password, you can use the Lost Password tool.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jhohcable on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Here are the problems I've been having trying to log in.

I want to either delete my comic, or update the main page to remove a bunch of (outdated) links and email addresses.

I've tried logging into the siteadmin with both my original account name and my forum account name (with the capital first letter), along with making 2 posts and logging out and back in twice. When I try the original account name it works, but when I try the forum name it says that the password doesn't work (even though it's the same password I used to log in here). I've tried these links being logged in and logged out of the forum and the siteadmin.

http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com/
http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com/login.php
Going here loads up a page that says nothing except "403 error" (whether I was already logged in or not).

http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com/quickadmin
This says "403 forbidden"

http://siteadmintest.comicgenesis.com:8080/
Loading this page says:
Web-FTP is now at Net2FTP
Access Siteadmin here.

Clicking Net2FTP brings up a page that says:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /net2ftp/ on this server.

The "Access Siteadmin here." link takes me here:
http://siteadmintest.comicgenesis.com:8 ... /login.cgi
It loads a page that gives me a list of options, such as editing the URL, adding banners, adding authors, doing a manual update.

The link that says "Edit comic" takes me to a 502 bad gateway error.

Edit URL and edit banners are both useless to me. Manual update is useless to me because I can't upload a replacement page to update with.

I'm slightly confused by the instructions to log in with a capital letter at the beginning of my user name, but I tried that and it doesn't seem to help. The page with instructions to change my user name is a dead link for me. http://cgwiki.comicgenesis.com/index.ph ... teAdmin.3F
As is this: http://cgwiki.comicgenesis.com/index.php/New_Siteadmin
The error given:
"[3f5cba50] 2017-02-10 05:31:38: Fatal exception of type MWException"
In fact, all of cgwiki.comicgenesis.com gives me that error.

http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com:8080/ ... /login.cgi
When I try to login here with my forum name, it takes me to a "verification page" where it wants me to log in again, and when I do it says my password is wrong.

Deleting my account would clear all of this up instantly.
Jhohcable

Postby Godai on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:35 pm

Is anything working at all? I returned after a loong time and need to get into siteadmin to trigger update. How to do it?

The "new siteadmin" doesn't accept my password, the reset password form doesn't generate authentication code.

What's up?

I'd like to stick to CG for whatever reason, but need to be able to use it - and just uploading ftp and waiting for one day for the changes to take effect kinda sucks.
Image Image Image
Godai
Regular Poster

Postby Cope on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:04 am

Just to be sure, are you using this siteadmin? ---> https://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com/

Also, remember that you log into siteadmin using your forum username and password, rather than the one you use for FTP.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Postby Godai on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:08 am

Well, the link didn't work when I asked.

It took me several attepms, but finally logged in. Thanks!
Image Image Image
Godai
Regular Poster

Postby Johndar on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:11 am

Cope wrote:Just to be sure, are you using this siteadmin? ---> https://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com/

Also, remember that you log into siteadmin using your forum username and password, rather than the one you use for FTP.

My browser won't let me use that link, it says it's unprotected.

Also, the only reason I'm even trying to log in is to attempt to wipe my comic off the internet, so any help with that would be appreciated.
Johndar
Regular Poster

Postby Cope on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:34 pm

I don't think you'll find any options to delete your comic in siteadmin. As far as I'm aware, the only way to delete your comic is to log into FTP and delete the entire public_html folder.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Postby Johndar on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:35 am

Cope wrote:I don't think you'll find any options to delete your comic in siteadmin. As far as I'm aware, the only way to delete your comic is to log into FTP and delete the entire public_html folder.

Okay, thanks. Guess I need to figure that out, haven't touched it since 2009. I appreciate the info, thanks again.
Johndar
Regular Poster

Postby Godai on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:52 pm

Godai wrote:Well, the link didn't work when I asked.

The hell is goin on? I logged in 3 or 4 times, now this thing says "wrong" password again. Does it go down like it often? If so this is shit and one cannot work like this.
Image Image Image
Godai
Regular Poster

Postby Godai on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:33 am

It returns 403 error now...
Image Image Image
Godai
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Help Center