o o o Can't Log into SiteAdmin? Read this thread! o o o

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Re: o o o Can't Log into SiteAdmin? Read this thread! o o o

Postby Numskull on Fri May 15, 2009 1:21 pm

i dont quite remember when i signed up, but it was around two weeks ago,i had accidentally created an account that started with a lowercase letter: num5ku11,
my comic is firballz http://num5ku11.comicgenesis.com/ and i went through the entire process to change usernames and create a new FTP password and all... but STILL i cannot log in.... please someone help, i've got a story to tell the masses but no method to project it! i just want to tell my story about cute aliens and making it in the music world.... please help
Numskull

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Fri May 15, 2009 3:57 pm

MSPcomix wrote:...I can get into the site settings and WebFTP just fine, but I can't edit the guide info.

You can't change the Guide information. The Guide is depreciated, no longer being maintained and is marked for deletion. You should create/update your comics' page on the CGWiki instead. And if you say you can "get into site settings", then that means that you can get into SiteAdmin.

Numskull wrote:... but STILL i cannot log in....

Log into where? If you just need to get your comic up and running, then all you need is to be able to log into your comic account directly via an FTP program. There are several tutorials on how to do this in the CGWiki. You do not have to sign into SiteAdmin to get your comic running.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby MSPcomix on Fri May 15, 2009 8:08 pm

Dr Neo Lao wrote:
MSPcomix wrote:...I can get into the site settings and WebFTP just fine, but I can't edit the guide info.

You can't change the Guide information. The Guide is depreciated, no longer being maintained and is marked for deletion. You should create/update your comics' page on the CGWiki instead. And if you say you can "get into site settings", then that means that you can get into SiteAdmin.

Thanks for letting me know - this would have been a good thing to know when I first started out.
MSPcomix
Regular Poster

Postby Kuakistar13 on Sat May 16, 2009 1:46 pm

I'm trying to get around the siteadmin by using an ftp server, so I tried signing into the ComicGenesis FTP server, http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com:8080/ ... eb-ftp.cgi, and it continuously says "login fails, redirect to login page."

I used my forum login/password to get into the comicgenesis ftp thing. Is there another step that I'm missing?
--Froggy
--Read F.E.V.A.H!
--http://kuakistar.comicgenesis.com
Kuakistar13

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Sat May 16, 2009 3:04 pm

It's FTP, not SiteAdmin.

You use your FTP username and password for all FTP access, not your forum details. Your FTP username will be the name of the comic (so if your comic is mycomic.comicgenesis.com then your FTP username would be mycomic). You can set the FTP password (if you don't already have one) via these instructions.

You use your forum details for the Forum, SiteAdmin and the CGWiki only.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Elnifi on Sun May 17, 2009 5:06 pm

*crys*

im getting so lost here. i seem to be having the same problem as everyone else and i see that ur saying that u dont need to log in and instad can use the ftp server, but whats that? im computer retarded so if someone could post a step-by-step set of instructions, i might be able to figure it out.

just a check list of what ive done.

got both emails
set a password and got it activated
got a new account with a capital letter

pls help
Elnifi

Postby MSPcomix on Sun May 17, 2009 6:37 pm

So, I have the right account name, I've been signed up for two weeks, I've made 13 posts on here, and I still can't log into SiteAdmin. What gives?
MSPcomix
Regular Poster

Postby Kuakistar13 on Sun May 17, 2009 7:42 pm

Thanks Dr. Neo Lao!! I finally got in XDDD
--Froggy
--Read F.E.V.A.H!
Kuakistar13

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Mon May 18, 2009 2:35 pm

@ Elnifi: First, what FTP means and how to use it quickly and easily. If you have any more problems with it, start a new thread here in the Help Center and we'll get you sorted out.

@ MSPcomix: I don't think that there is anything else that you can do on your end. It seems that you (along with a group of other people) are currently locked out of SiteAdmin. As stated earlier, you ought to still be able to get your comic up and running without accessing SiteAdmin since SiteAdmin does not have any functions that alter the look or function of your comic.

@ Kuakistar13: You got into SiteAdmin? That's interesting. Someone that joined on the 6th can get in, but someone who joined on the 8th cannot. Something must have happened on the seventh?
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby RedAppleInk on Tue May 19, 2009 7:06 pm

i'm testing out a theory and this seamed like the best place for it. is a reply considered a post, and do i need a post for my account to officially be considered as active?
RedAppleInk

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Wed May 20, 2009 3:33 am

You should now see on the left under your username (and in your profile) a little message that says "Posts: 1" (it'll go up to 2 if you reply to this).

Most forums (that I know of) do not make a distinction between an opening post (creating a thread) and replying to an existing thread (such as your post above). For the purposes of the CG system, you have now logged into the Forum at least once (which means that a comparator hash key was created that SiteAdmin can compare against) and you have made one post (so you should {if it was working properly} be able to get into SiteAdmin). However, if you wanted to get into the CGWiki then you would need to make an additional two posts to get into there (the CGwiki checks to make sure that your post count is three or higher before letting you in. The officially sanctioned "I'm spamming the forum just to get into the CGWiki" section is the "Can't log into CGWiki? Post here" thread).

If a user registers on the Forum and never logs in nor makes at least one post, then they normally wouldn't be able to get into SiteAdmin; but if they have done both, then they should be able to get in. It's the current SiteAdmin hiccup that is preventing new members from getting into SiteAdmin...

Edit: The information in this post is correct except for one thing: you need two (2) posts to get into SiteAdmin.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby RedAppleInk on Wed May 20, 2009 8:01 am

Dr Neo Lao wrote: It's the current SiteAdmin hiccup that is preventing new members from getting into SiteAdmin...

yeah, and since i'm a very new member its not letting me do anything ether. i know i can get the comic started (been reading this thread) without siteadmin. thanks that is good to know :D
RedAppleInk

Postby Kuakistar13 on Wed May 20, 2009 8:36 pm

@ Dr. Neo Lao: When I said "I got in," I meant I got into the FTP server and uploaded some comics.

Still can't get into SiteAdmin
--Froggy
--Read F.E.V.A.H!
Kuakistar13

Postby Bellcountycomics on Thu May 21, 2009 6:39 am

I had to recently reformat my hard drive and reinstall windows. before that I was logging in just fine into the Site Admin.

but after the complete overhaul of my system, firefox seems to have lost the information needed to log back in..

I've changed my password, checked capitalization and everything! I think my account has been up since late 2007 or something..... so I'm not really a 'new' person.

here's the error I'm receiving:

Code: Select all
Your browser did not return the expected response Bellcountycomics

Referred from: http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com/?&logout

User Agent(Browser) reports it is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10
No Proxy Detected
Your Actual IP Address: 208.110.245.131
Your browser is broken
Browser status: MSIE 7: Working
Firefox 2.0.0.4: Working
Safari 3.0.2: Working
Opera 9.21 (8776): Working
Nintendo DS Opera: Not working
Please use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Opera or something that supports HTTP Digest Authentication compliant with RFC2617!
Also you get this if you entered the wrong password, or have never logged out of forums.comicgenesis.com and back in after July 22nd 2007

Logout to try again (hit cancel)
Bellcountycomics

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Fri May 22, 2009 3:43 am

Still can't get into SiteAdmin

:(

Bellycountcomics wrote:...here's the error I'm receiving:

That's a different error to the one in the other thread.

It might be the way that you are logging into the Forum. Yes, the way you log into the Forum affects if you can get into SiteAdmin or not. Make sure you log into the forum with that first capital "B" and not with "bellycount.."

Look in the CGWiki on the tutorials page for help - there are a few pages there about the new SiteAdmin (can't post link - hobbled computer and it's the middle of a storm here in Perth... )
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Bellcountycomics on Fri May 22, 2009 9:50 am

bellycounty?

wtheck, man? its supposed to be Bell County, not Belly County

but I'm trying what you suggested still.. I'll post back if i got in or not.

thanks =)
Bellcountycomics

Postby Bellcountycomics on Fri May 22, 2009 9:58 am

still no such luck...

shall try again later... =P
Bellcountycomics

Postby Doublefault on Fri May 22, 2009 10:30 am

Hey,
I still can't login to edit my comic. I registered about a month ago. A week later I confirmed my email and made my forum account. I initially had trouble with non-capitilization, but an admin changed it for me. Still can't login at current though. Any help is appreciated.
Doublefault

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Fri May 22, 2009 1:56 pm

Bellcountycomics wrote:...wtheck, man? its supposed to be Bell County, not Belly County...

My apologies, not reading right. "Bellcountycomics" is what I meant.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Bellcountycomics on Sun May 24, 2009 9:08 am

Dr Neo Lao wrote:
Bellcountycomics wrote:...wtheck, man? its supposed to be Bell County, not Belly County...

My apologies, not reading right. "Bellcountycomics" is what I meant.

It's alright, man. We all make mistakes! =)

But anyway... still no luck, I've tried everything from capitalization on the forums and all that fun stuff.. it just keeps sending me the same error over and over again.. even changed my password a few more times, but nothing...

I'm so far behind in my updating here that its actually hurting... =(

edit: Okay, I'm able to acess the ftp upload page via my old password. but I'd still like to be able to access site admin unless there's another way I can submit my pog when its ready... also I like the manual updating tool... =P

edit2: scratch that. I'm having trouble with the ftp too... logs me out of it everytime I try to upload...
Bellcountycomics

PreviousNext

Return to Help Center