o o o Can't Log into SiteAdmin? Read this thread! o o o

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
LauraEss

Re: o o o Can't Log into SiteAdmin? Read this thread! o o o

Post by LauraEss »

It might be possible to get one of the admins to change the email listed in your comic account, but I don't know how to do that.
I tried emailing help@comicgenesis.com but of course it bounced. At the moment I can still do most things, so it's not as bad as I first thought.
--
Laura S
(actually LauraSeabrook but I can't login under that right now.

BionicDance
Regular Poster

Post by BionicDance »

Dr Neo Lao wrote:@ BionicDance: I see now, it was crossed terminology.
I'm encountering that a LOT on ComicGenesis, actually; the first time around was the abbreviation "CG" (given that my comic is MADE using CG...as in CGI. Heh).
Is there a glossary of how terms are used on CG, or does one have to absorb them by osmosis?
So yes, you will need SiteAdmin to be able to upload your newsbox and pog images. I'm not aware of any other way of doing it.
Well, bugger. :(
If normal is relative, then I'm an orphan.

Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dr Neo Lao »

@ Laura: try sending a pm directly to the two admins - Kisai and STrRedWolf. Those two are the only people who are capable of helping you in this regard.

@ BionicDance: lol, yes, we do tend to be rather cryptic and use specific terms a lot. I'll add "glossary of terms" as something to add to the CG Wiki. Hopefully later this week. I'll see if I can get some chat going in the Off Topic section for more terms. This should help future new members (and probably more than a few existing members). Also, see my reply to your post in the other thread.

Maracate

Post by Maracate »

hi. I can log into siteadmin on keenspace alright, but when I try to log into the one at comicgenesis, it tells me that my fourm username is not valid, that I need a comicgenesis fourm login, and says

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/space/siteadmin/public_html/everything.php on line 617

Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dr Neo Lao »

Uh ... can you provide a link to the Keenspace SiteAdmin?

I thought the old one had been deleted, though there might still be a few stray bits of code from it. I don't know if it will allow members to trigger updates though.

(For those not aware, Comic Genesis used to be called KeenSpace.)

KBGleason

Post by KBGleason »

Dr Neo Lao wrote:KBGleason: Ouch! Not a lot you can do about it for the moment. Where are you? If you are in the US, then you would have left it at midnight. Europe sets it for the previous evening and Australia / Asia sets it for the following morning. It is really confusing. It is explained here how the offset time works, but this is an older explanation - the times are off by 90 minutes now (just to really confuse everyone) since the server(s) hosting CG moved early in 2008 and crossed timezones - but I'm not sure which way it changed.
I'm in the States, east coast. I'm pretty sure I know why they update wrong, too - when I was signing up for the comic, there was a list of update time options with two columns (something "today's comic" and "tomorrow's comic"), and since I wasn't paying attention I chose wrong between 12pm and 12am my time... and when I fixed it, I clicked the "tomorrow" column.

It just makes me a little twitchy that my comics are dated wrong when they update. Not so much that they're updating a day behind schedule. I upload multiple comics at once so I'm a week or two ahead at any given point. It's just a little maddening to see a comic going up on the fourth labeled as being from the third.

Perdire

Post by Perdire »

Dr Neo Lao wrote:Uh ... can you provide a link to the Keenspace SiteAdmin?

I thought the old one had been deleted, though there might still be a few stray bits of code from it. I don't know if it will allow members to trigger updates though.

(For those not aware, Comic Genesis used to be called KeenSpace.)
I know I put that in here a few pages back, here it is;
I wrote:I noticed someone mentioned that this is believed to be a problem setting the password field in the database. If it helps I have complete access to the old SiteAdmin, which means, if both old and new SiteAdmin have the same password database that my password has been set and the problem likely resides elsewhere.

BionicDance
Regular Poster

Post by BionicDance »

Ooh! If that actually allows me to trigger site updates [EDIT: which it seems to be doing; rock on!], that'll make life about eight hundred bajillion times easier! Roooooo! Image
If normal is relative, then I'm an orphan.

PokemonHigh

Post by PokemonHigh »

I am unable to access my SiteAdmin account.

When I first signed up, I registered with a capitalized user name, so that isn't my problem.

I have logged into and out of my forum account twice and posted twice.

However, I had a falling out with my writer and it took us about 3 months to get the comic back together and reworked, so we didn't touch the account for a period of several months. Could this be my problem? The account still seems to exist, the first page of the comic is still posted on the internet, I can still get into my forum account, just not Siteadmin. So I'm not exactly sure what's wrong.

When I attempt to log in, The return is :

Your browser did not return the expected response PokemonHigh

Referred from: http://www.comicgenesis.com/

User Agent(Browser) reports it is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11
No Proxy Detected
Your Actual IP Address: 70.108.97.88
Your browser is broken
Browser status: MSIE 7: Working
Firefox 2.0.0.4: Working
Safari 3.0.2: Working
Opera 9.21 (8776): Working
Nintendo DS Opera: Not working
Please use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Opera or something that supports HTTP Digest Authentication compliant with RFC2617!
Also you get this if you entered the wrong password, or have never logged out of forums.comicgenesis.com and back in after July 22nd 2007

Is the problem the version of Firefox I use? It updates automatically, so I'm on version 3.0.11 rather than 2.0.0.4. I attempted to use MSIE 7 and it returned the same response.

SilverKitten

Post by SilverKitten »

Okay, here's my stuff... I signed up for an account at comic-gen on June 28th, and recieved my information for http://kairo-kairo.comicgenesis.com/ on July 6th.. I signed up for a forum account on July 7th with kairo-kairo, and couldn't get in. So I looked at this thread, re-created my account, SilverKitten. I posted twice, AND logged in twice... I also tried to get into SiteAdmin again, checking my spelling and caps... Also, I'm not entirely sure what exactly the problem with everyone else's was, but mine is where I go to change the FTP password, it won't allow me. It says that the user doesn't exist.
~* Nya *~

Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Post by Mercury Hat »

A reminder to everyone posting to get their first two or three posts, there is already an introduction thread in general discussion! Don't make a new thread just to say hello and then never post again. Post something in the existing threads in GD and OT if you aren't interested in posting on the board, don't make new topics that the mods are just going to lock.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

SilverKitten

Post by SilverKitten »

So... why can't I create my password for the FTP? .-. I've tried to put in this username, and my comic's name... it says email has been sent, but also says that the user names are invalid.. no one exists as those people, etc. Please tell me what to do? ;-;
~* Nya *~

KBGleason

Post by KBGleason »

It takes a few days for everything to go through properly. My comic page didn't go up for over a week after I got the acceptance e-mail.

ThatLinkGirlMOF

Post by ThatLinkGirlMOF »

I can't seem to log in to Site Admin either.
It's actually been around a week since I got the acceptance e-mail, but...
Whenever I try to log in as 'ThatLinkGirlMOF', the SiteAdmin keeps telling me that I don't exist..

Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dr Neo Lao »

@ Perdire: Thank you.

@ All: first post in this thread updated with new information from the last few pages of this thread.

@ BionicDance: good to hear. Link to old SiteAdmin is a few posts up and is also in the first post of this thread.

@ PokemonHigh: Inactivity wouldn't do it. Since you registered in 2008, then you should be able to get into SiteAdmin. However, since you had a "falling out" I assume that one party or the other recently re-set the forum password. That would stop your account from being able to log into SiteAdmin. However, just in case, do the following:
  1. Go to a computer that you don't normally use, preferably one that has not been to Comic Genesis.
  2. Log into the forums.
  3. Log out of the forums, then log back in making double-sure that you log in with PokemonHigh (and not pokemonhigh or POKEMONHIGH or any other combinations).
  4. While still logged into the Forum, try to log into SiteAdmin.
This may work, assuming that your forum password has not been changed since May. If it has, then it won't work. For everyone else - don't bother trying this if you are using a new forum account. This might work for PokemonHigh because the account was registered in 2008.

@ SilverKitten: Your account appears to be brand new. Give it a few more days. Currently, going to your comic site gives a 403 "Forbidden" message. Once that changes to the sample comic that you submitted when you registered, then you ought to be able to set up the FTP password.

@ ThatLinkGirlMOF: Yeah, you're in the same boat as everyone else at the moment. In the meantime, take the time to look over the tutorials in the CGWiki which will provide a load of information for when you get up and running.

ThatLinkGirlMOF

Post by ThatLinkGirlMOF »

Ah, I see, that issue's still up. //should have checked to make sure
Alright, thanks, I'll read up on that tutorial, then!

Anythingbutreallife

Post by Anythingbutreallife »

So while the SiteAdmin's down, we still can't connect the two accounts or whatever?

Because I tried looking up my comic on the comic genesis front page, to no avail. Is this stemming from the same problem? Because not being able to find my comic with a search will make it more difficult for anyone looking to increase readership, as I'm sure we all are.

JaDedInFErNo

Post by JaDedInFErNo »

JaDedInFErNo wrote:I too am having problems

Although I tried using the steps:
# Log out of SiteAdmin (either click "cancel" or manually add ?&logout onto the end of the url.
# Log out of the Forum.
# Log back into the Forum, making sure that the properly capitalized name is used.
# Log into SiteAdmin. It should now let you in
but it's still not letting me log in

just moved it

EDIT::// got this message

"Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/space/siteadmin/public_html/everything.php on line 617"

I don't know what it means and now I'm stuck in an endless loop of logging ins

Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dr Neo Lao »

You won't be able to log in to SiteAdmin until it is fixed. No word yet on any eta when that will be.

ScalpelsandPicks

Post by ScalpelsandPicks »

i made a new one with capital letters but it still doesn't seem to work?!