[JOINING] Signed up, but no verify email? Check here.

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Re: [JOINING] Signed up, but no email? Check here.

Postby Samurai 5713 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:32 pm

Thanks for the update.
I really hope this can be sorted out soon as i've been waiting one and a half months for my password now, and I'm rather fustrated at not being able to do anything with my comic. However I will continue to wait patiently.
When I type my site address in it finds the page ok but it just comes up blank, is it supposed to display the page I submitted when i signed up or is this normal?

Thanks to everyone for their hard work so far in trying to solve this problem, and I hope to be able to add my comic to comic genesis soon.
Samurai 5713

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:07 pm

If your comic is showing up (or at least the account is) then that means that you should be able to go get a password on your own right now.

Read this page in the CGWiki for instructions on how to change/get your FTP password.

Take the time to read through the other tutorials if you have not already done so.

Important! You will need to make at least one change on the templates in order to get the comic to show up in IE - find this part in the templates:

Code: Select all
.info {font-size:0.75em;}

//--!>

And change it to this:

Code: Select all
.info {font-size:0.75em;}

//-->

That apostrophe means that nothing except the background colour show up in Internet Explorer (but the comics work fine in all other browsers).
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Somethingcomic on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:21 am

Dr Neo Lao wrote:(For those who were not aware, CG is basically run by two people - Kisai and STrRedWolf. Both are part-time employees of KeenSpot Entertainment (which owns CG) and both have their normal day jobs to put food on the table with. All the other staff (such as myself) are forum volunteers who can give advice and help out but don't have access to the server to conduct repairs.)

No worries, I understand completely. It would be totally unreasonable to think that my comic is somehow more important than putting food on the table for these two folks. ;)

I did want to thank you for the updates; they've been very helpful and the prompt responses have made me glad I've decided to go with Comicgenesis, despite any current inconvenience. Should I ever encounter anyone else looking to start a comic, I'll be sure to refer them to you guys.
Somethingcomic

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:08 pm

Thanks!

However, be aware that this is the old server. Posts made here after the 4th of October 2008 will not be indexed (and will most likely be deleted in another week or so).

In the meantime, use http://forums2.comicgenesis.com/ - this is a short-term workaround while the servers are getting some maintenance. When we return to the normal forums, STrRedWolf will post another announcement.

I'm locking this thread to help people find the most current information - from http://forums2.comicgenesis.com/
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:52 am

Ignore the above post, the issue has been resolved so now we are back to the normal url for the forums.

Please continue to advise here if you are having problems with new registrations.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Somethingcomic on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:30 pm

Dr Neo Lao wrote:Ignore the above post, the issue has been resolved so now we are back to the normal url for the forums.

Please continue to advise here if you are having problems with new registrations.

Yay, new server!

Anyway, still haven't gotten email with password. Site isn't active, either. somethingcomic, applied 9/11.
Somethingcomic

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:49 am

Please bear with us, STrRedWolf has been slightly distracted with the server swap /upgrade / downgrade thingy (yes, that's the technical term :D ).

I'll remind him of this issue and hopefully we can get an update of some type soon.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Somethingcomic on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:42 pm

Dr Neo Lao wrote:Please bear with us, STrRedWolf has been slightly distracted with the server swap /upgrade / downgrade thingy (yes, that's the technical term :D ).

I'll remind him of this issue and hopefully we can get an update of some type soon.

No worries, just wanted to make sure I hadn't been mistakenly put in the "resolved" bin. ;)

I'm sure he's busy enough with his "regular job" as it is, so whenever he gets around to it is fine by me. :)
Somethingcomic

Postby Rkarl08 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:27 pm

comic username: ryankarl
comic name: Cake or Death?

i received my verification e-mail, and verified my e-mail address, however i have yet to receive a password.

my e-mail was verified on october 2, 2008. i don't know if this still falls under the whole DNS setup time, or what.
Rkarl08

Postby Bur on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:31 am

Comic name: The Tales of Kalduras
Username: kalduras
Signed up on October 1

An another newbie who hasn't received her password. I got the verification e-mail and verified it twice (because of a lagging computer), and kalduras.comicgenesis.com displays 404 - error.
Bur

Postby Draxoh on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:02 am

I've applied a while ago...forgot the actual date.
Probably around the end of September.

I've finished the verify process but there's no password for the account.
Been waiting for about three weeks or so already.

The username should be "Draxoh" and the comic name should be "Draxoh and Friends".
=D
Draxoh

Postby Rhino577 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:40 pm

Got the activation e-mail on Sept 28th, and submitted it. Waiting patiently for password.
Rhino577

Postby Ghibligirl on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:06 am

username: transparency

tried signing up 3 times now...
no email or anything :(

thankyou for being cool!
Ghibligirl

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:20 pm

If you didn't get any emails at all then it might be a problem with your email provider - everybody has been getting the first "please confirm" email.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kisai on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:12 pm

Dr Neo Lao wrote:If you didn't get any emails at all then it might be a problem with your email provider - everybody has been getting the first "please confirm" email.

If you have comcast or att broadband or some varient thereof, they are known for blocking CG email. If you have yahoo or gmail, it should be going through.

I've been reading pages and pages of mail bounces and pretty much, if you didn't get the email, your email ISP is marking it spam or flagging a false positive.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Rkarl08 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:28 pm

Rkarl08 wrote:comic username: ryankarl
comic name: Cake or Death?

i received my verification e-mail, and verified my e-mail address, however i have yet to receive a password.

my e-mail was verified on october 2, 2008. i don't know if this still falls under the whole DNS setup time, or what.

i have a gmail account, and i can get into siteadmin, but i haven't yet received my FTP password.

please help.
Rkarl08

Postby Twisted on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:53 am

Well now I know that my problem isn't unique...lol
I also tried signing up on the 7th of October, and while I got the verification e-mail, it's been 8 days and the password hasn't been sent.
At least I know you guys are trying and it's not because I got filtered out :P

Comic: Twisted Perspective
Username: twistedperspective

I tried checking twistedperspective.comicgenesis.com and it gives me the 404 error so I know i'm still pending in the registration process...

Thanks for your hard work guys....
Twisted

Postby Illustar on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:55 am

I apologize that, having sent in my application last night about midnight (and it now being about 10am), this post is probably premature.

I haven't gotten my email verification email, and the "check status" page seems to have issues. I get a response from the second two fields ("comic status" and "password status"), but the "check signup" field yields a blank white screen. I've even tried plugging in my existing comic's username (which also gets a response from the other fields), and get nothing but a blank white screen.

FYI. (And how long should I wait for an email verification email before I try sending the application again? username: heronextdoor, email: illustar at gmail)
Illustar

Postby Dzmcroy on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:12 pm

Sorry to pile it on, and sorry to re-post, but I think this may belong more in this topic than where I originally posted it:

---

I registered my comic yesterday afternoon, but never received the one-hour confirmation e-mail. I tried to sign up for the forums to ask about it--and never received my validation e-mail for that, either! (I checked spam filters, too.) Finally, I tried re-signing up (for the forums) under a different name with my school e-mail instead of my personal one--and this time, the e-mail came promptly (to my other account). So clearly, for some reason, the problem is my Yahoo e-mail account.

Question: what now? Do I re-register my comic, or can someone change my e-mail address on the old registration and send me a new validation e-mail?

Thanks for the help!!

(Comic: Panthera; username: RedFox742).

---

From what I'm hearing, there are problems even if you DO manage to get your validation e-mail--but I haven't gotten even that yet. Again, thanks for any help!
Dzmcroy

Re: [JOINING] Signed up, but no verify email? Check here.

Postby STrRedWolf on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:51 pm

I'm sorry for not being responsive. This server software move hasn't been the best, and things haven't been well in the Price household as of late.

I'm seeing folks not being rather clear, so I've edited the first post here. I'm only asking for folks who cannot verify their signups. If you did verify your entry, then you need to wait that 7-10 days for the password email -- this is an anti-spam requirement, alas.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Help Center