[JOINING] Signed up, but no verify email? Check here.

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Re: [JOINING] Signed up, but no email? Check here.

Postby Somethingcomic on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:01 am

Dr Neo Lao wrote:@ Everyone Else: at the moment there is nothing to do but exercise patience. STrRedWolf is looking into it and hopefully it'll all be sorted soon...

Quick question - as of writing this, it has been 13 days since I submitted my application. If it hits 14, should I try re-applying, or is my comic still in the system and I should just wait?

Thanks!
Somethingcomic

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:51 pm

At the moment - as far as I am aware - all applications that have been submitted have successfully been put into the system but the system is not sending out the seven day email notice. If you try and re-apply for the same account, you'll get a message that says "that name is taken" or something to that effect.

However, that only applies to the applications that did everything properly but were let down by the system. Applications that made a mistake or didn't follow the first confirmation email would still expire after fourteen days and require re-application.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheShe on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:08 am

I read in another board that they are suspending making sites or whatever, so is that why I haven't received any info? After I submitted my comic thing, I got the email about "this is your name and click this link to activate" but it's been over a week and nothing else has occurred (no password has been sent) Are they going to be accepting new webcomics in the future or is it more of a permanent delay? Or was my account just lost or something? Will my username become available again soon even if I entered the code?
(comic=Skunk Training) (username-skunktraining)
TheShe

Postby Kisai on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:23 am

No only domains.

email is StrRedWolf's forte so let him work.

offhand, short of moving the forum/email server, the reverse dns might be shot in moving the mail.

Also at&t broadband IS blocking some email.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby TheShe on Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:06 pm

Strredwolf can you help me??
comic is Skunk Training
username is Skunktraining

received Comic Genesis Account Verification email on Sept. 15th, entered code right away, it's been over a week but I have not received any email telling me my password, etc. Am I missing something here? Did my info get lost in the mail?
TheShe

Postby Unanchored_ on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:37 pm

account name unanchored code was bca05f9c57f5f5fbc16568176545d43c 11 days ago and it expires in 14 days so I'm getting worried!!!

thank you :)
Unanchored_

Postby MiraiTrunksLove on Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:39 am

i still haven't recieved any emails, i have checked my hotmail inbox and the junk.
MiraiTrunksLove

Postby Warmonkey on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:51 am

What exactly is the problem?
Has this happened before?
Warmonkey

Postby Princess Peachie on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:25 am

Hello! Sorry, another new member who is having problems here.

I signed up on 12th September 08 and entered my verification code, but have recieved no reply yet.
My username was nursekittychan

Thank you!
Peachie
xoxoxoxox
Princess Peachie

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:32 pm

Apologies to everyone.

No new news at the moment - not sure if that's good or bad. STrRedWolf is still working on it. We're not sure exactly what the problem is and no, it hasn't happened before as far as I am aware.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Princess Peachie on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:40 am

Thank you for your kind regards, Dr Neo Lao. :) I understand, these things happen. Hope you'll all get to fix it soon- sounds tricky.
I'm excited to get my comic up and running, but until then I'll be waiting patiently! :)
Princess Peachie

Postby Unanchored_ on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:18 pm

Thank you also. will we be getting an email once its fixed with the missing email and in my case the password? or once its fixed should i make a new account? or just make a new account now? I'm very excited to join comic genesis and will wait however long this takes!
Unanchored_

Postby Murderist on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Whats up my gallions? Yeah, I didn't recieve a verification e-mail. The username is also Murderist(I know, original, right, but I'm not remembering 2 names dag nab it...is that one word?) and it was either yesterday or early this morning that I tried to sign up. Thanks
Murderist

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:01 pm

For those who have not received a final "your account is ready!" email:

- Go to the domain that you requested and see if your account is active. If you signed up for the comic "mycomic" then your url would be mycomic.comicgenesis.com

- If it is active, then go to this page in the CGWiki. Read the bit in the middle about how to change / get an FTP password.

Once you have your FTP password, log into SiteAdmin with your forum username and password and inside there you will see how to add your comic to your forum account so you can edit settings. To make changes to your comic itself, use the FTP password to log into your comic account directly with an FTP program such as Filezilla or SmartFTP.

- If it is not active then that means your account is still stuck in the application part of the server. Post here and let us know and we'll give the server another thump.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheShe on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:22 pm

sorry, I'm a bit computer illiterate- if my account were active like what you're talking about, would it say something other than "404 not found"?

In which case I am still having the same issues as listed above, before... I want to get this started -__-.
TheShe

Postby Unanchored_ on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:58 pm

I typed in www.unanchored.comicgenesis.com and it didnt show up! 14 days is up does that mean its gone anyway?? nooo
Unanchored_

Postby Murderist on Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:58 pm

still nope. :(
Murderist

Postby Wicked hatter on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:23 pm

my domain souled.comicgenesis.com is still showing up as only a 404 error.
Wicked hatter

Postby Somethingcomic on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:11 am

somethingcomic.comicgenesis.com is still inactive. Thanks for the help thus far! I know server issues can be tricky if not downright confusing at times, so I can sympathize with the CG Admins on this one.
Somethingcomic

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:43 pm

Okay, the bad news is that we don't know what is causing the new-member breakage.

The worse news is that STrRedWolf is pretty much the only person who can fix it, but has not appeared on the forums for a few days (might be sick or working). Hopefully it's because he's elbow deep in the server working out what is going on.

We appreciate your patience and apologise for the delay. I know that it can be frustrating being held back when you are trying to do something creative.

As annoying as it is, at the moment the only advice I can give is "please hold"... :(

(For those who were not aware, CG is basically run by two people - Kisai and STrRedWolf. Both are part-time employees of KeenSpot Entertainment (which owns CG) and both have their normal day jobs to put food on the table with. All the other staff (such as myself) are forum volunteers who can give advice and help out but don't have access to the server to conduct repairs.)
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Help Center