Page 1 of 2

If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:34 pm
by Dr Neo Lao
As of the 30th of April 2008, the forum has been changed in order to fix a few problems.
Kisai wrote:I have changed all the users on the forums to have the first letter UpperCased. If they login to the forums once, it should update the password for siteadmin. The wiki should now behave, it's not the solution I wanted, but it solves some others.
Source
All members who had a name that was either all lower case or the name started with a lower case letter have been changed so that they now start with an upper case.

Make sure that you log into the forum with the first letter of your name upper case, otherwise you won't be able to log into SiteAdmin or the CGWiki.

Forum-only users won't be affected as the forum allows upper and lower case for login in.

Edit: If your username has been changed, make sure that you log out of the forums, then log back in with the new case. So if your name was bob and now it's Bob, the forum will let you in if you log in as bob but SiteAdmin will not - whether you try and log in as Bob or bob. You need to log out of the forum in order to clear the server's old copy of the password and log into the forums with the new username (Bob) and then log into SiteAdmin with the new name as well. Once you've done that it should work smoothly.

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:27 pm
by Xwhy
Changing from xwhy to Xwhy got me into CGWiki for the first time in over a month. Yippie! and WooHoo!!

The Bad News is that I have been unsuccessful so far to log into siteadmin as either Xwhy or xwhy. I'll keep at it.

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:20 pm
by Dr Neo Lao
Make sure that you log out of the forums (where you are currently logged in as xwhy) and then log back in as Xwhy. This will let you back into SiteAdmin.

The forum will let you log in as xwhy, but then it won't let you into SiteAdmin.

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:04 pm
by Kisai
Technically, the forums and Wiki should now ignore the case of the first letter of the username (the wiki started it, some change some while back forced it.) Only the siteadmin requires it because it generates the password hash from that.

New users to the forums, the forums should automatically uppercase the first letter. If you change your password, it should also do it (though it's redundant now.) Note that when you first create your forum username, it creates a scrambled password, and you actually have to login once and post for it to be righted.

This should end all the login issues hopefully. I'll remove the debug code from the wiki login once nobody reports issues with it.

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:01 am
by Dr Neo Lao
With the Wiki, are uploads still disabled? I've been trying to upload some images some users wanted up and it says "public not writeable" or somewthing...

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:43 am
by Xwhy
BINGO! That did it. Thanks a lot.

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:49 am
by Dr Neo Lao
Sweet!

Good to know that at least one person can now access all three.

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:11 am
by Td501
My forum login is indeed Td501, but Td501 does not get me into Site Admin (nor does td501). Are their any capitalization changes in the password, also?

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:51 am
by Bobadventures
Well, I tried it as Bobadventures instead of bobadventures, and I still could not log in to siteadmin. I was not logged into the forum at the time. Any ideas?

The inexplicable Adventures of Bob!
http://bobadventures.comicgenesis.com

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:53 am
by Bobadventures
Ah! But now that I am logged into the forum, now siteadmin is letting me in without even re-entering my name or password. Weird. So should I log into the forum now every time before going to siteadmin?

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:20 pm
by Drsaltine2
Dr Neo Lao wrote:All members who had a name that was either all lower case or the name started with a lower case letter have been changed so that they now start with an upper case.
I feel violated.

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:39 pm
by Dr Neo Lao
I apologize for that.

Lamentably, it was the only fix available...

@Td501 - make sure you log out of the forums, then log into the forum with Td501 and not td501. Passwords have not been touched.

@Bobadventures - no, you don't have to stay logged in. Once you've gotten into SiteAdmin, you should be able to log in and out of either without having to be logged in to the other.

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:46 pm
by Orinocou
Yay, I was able to log into siteadmin! For me, changing ff6comic to Ff6comic works just fine. I'm an obsessive checker of the number of visitors I receive, so I was getting a bit anxious. Thanks again!

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:29 am
by Td501
Working now. Thanks!

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:51 am
by Mintcondition
Holy crap...it's about time I can log back in...

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:03 pm
by Dr Neo Lao
Good to hear.

Looks like most people have been able to work it out.

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:17 pm
by Beandip
I can't login the siteadmin. But i can login the ftp and the old siteadmin and the forum. Please help.

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:16 pm
by Dr Neo Lao
Was your username beandip before?

Since you've been a member since November, I'd assume that you are in the same boat as a lot of people who used to have names that start with a lower case letter.

Log out of the forum, log back in with Beandip (instead of beandip) and then you should be able to log into SiteAdmin without any problems.

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:20 pm
by Angrywoof
I can't even log into the forums. I had to create a completely different email address just so I could create a new account so I could log in. What's going on?

Re: If you can't log in to SiteAdmin but you could before

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:46 pm
by Dr Neo Lao
Well, if you couldn't log into the forums then there might be something wrong on your end.

Do you have any newly installed firewalls / antivirus software?
Has anyone else used your computer whom might have added / modified the above?
Can you visit any CG comics or is it just an inability to log into the forum?

Is your old account still there? Accounts that have no posts (like if you registered on the forum but never posted anything) get deleted every so often. If your old account was deleted, you can re-register with the same username - just make sure that you make a few posts in the forum somewhere so that your account isn't re-deleted.