Banner Path

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
Post Reply
User avatar
Zph719s
Regular Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:50 am
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Banner Path

Post by Zph719s »

I've been a member of Keenspace for Eight Months and I have still not figured out how to create a correct banner path and get my banner listed in the Keenspace guide.

I always get the message "Banner not found on Keenspace_Butch. On Keenspace_Butch instead?" which sounds kind of weird, but I'm assuming I'm just not supplying the correct banner path.

I've tried:

/workspace/images/Banner5.gif

/public_html/images/Banner5.gif

http://zph719s.keenspace.com/workspace/ ... anner5.gif

http://zph719s.keenspace.com/public_htm ... anner5.gif

/images/Banner5.gif

I've tried all of them and none of them work. Does anyone know the correct way to do it? Or is my file size too big or file type wrong?

Just need to know. Thanks.

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

The only thing I can think of is...are you sure you're in siteadmin not siteadmin2?
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Zph719s
Regular Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:50 am
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Hey

Post by Zph719s »

No, I've tried from both siteadmin servers or whatever...

Which of the paths I listed there is the way you link to your banner?
How much information do you include?
Do you go http://website.keenspace.com/images/Banner5.gif
or just start from /images?

I can't figure it out! :evil:

User avatar
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1456
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:48 pm
Location: Pacific NW
Contact:

Post by [geoduck] »

This is the exact form which my banners use:

/public_html/images/Banner5.gif

Could that capitalized "B" be causing problems? Sometimes The System is case-sensitive.

And check the sizes of your would-be banners:

486x60 pixels.
200x40 pixels.
88x33 pixels.
and
150x300 if you've trying to plug into the Newsbox.
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
Image

User avatar
Zph719s
Regular Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:50 am
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Post by Zph719s »

Hey, Thanks.

It finally took it, but the actual picture hasn't shown up, but I'm told that takes a couple of days.

So, it should work.
Thanks.

Post Reply