Page 1 of 1
Macromedia flash question and html question
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:33 am
by FoxFang
Anyone know how to make a flash button go to an anchor on the same page. Basically move down the same page instead of going to another webpage or is that impossible to do with flash?
Also, how do I make it so people can't right click and save as?
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:11 pm
by Toxic
Could you provide a link so I could see what I'm dealing with? The 10 comic minimum refers to pitching.
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:32 pm
by War
Don't bother with the denying right click save. Seriously, what's the point in doing it?
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:39 pm
by Greenlightgo
this is the script that will deny right click/save as:
<script language=JavaScript>
<!--
//Disable right click script III- By Renigade (
renigade@mediaone.net)
//For full source code, visit
http://www.dynamicdrive.com
var message="";
///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}
function clickNS(e) {if
(document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) {
if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}
if (document.layers)
{document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS;}
else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontextmenu=clickIE;}
document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")
// -->
</script>
i'm only posting it because i know how frustrating it can be to arrive on a website and see your own hand-drawn beautiful pictures claimed by someone else. however i agree with digital war that it's pointless on keenspace... i have tons of files on my computer of other people saved comics, which i open and show to friends often to get them addicted to the same comics i love myself. if you feel the script is neccessary, go ahead and use it, it needs to be posted between the <head> and </head> tags
g'luck with your comic
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:42 pm
by FoxFang
I would but this website is a joint venture between me and a friend and doesn't want it revealed. Basically do you know if there is a way to have a button go to another part of a webpage that is on the same page. I know you can use the geturl command to go to another page but I need it to just move it down to another place in the same page.
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:27 pm
by Toxic
I guess you could do something like that with frames, I'm not good with frames though. If you put a frame at the bottom of the page and set the buttons with actions to load url and a motion tween. And the whole denying right click code won't protect your comic from being stolen, I could take screen caps if I wanted to do that.
Re: Macromedia flash question and html question
Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:51 am
by YarpsDat
I know you can use the geturl command to go to another page but I need it to just move it down to another place in the same page.
<a href="#bah">fah?</a> : this will send you down to
.
.
.
<a name="bah">duh.</a> : to here.
FoxFang wrote:Also, how do I make it so people can't right click and save as?
you can't.
You can always disable javascript.
Or just SaveAs->Webpage->COMPLETE - saves the image too.
there are numerous programs that let you download pages for offline browsing.
and you can always browse through your browser's cache.
PrintScreen, 'nuff said.
Personally, I often save things instead of adding them to my favourites- especially if it's great art I want to stare at. I just never know if I can afford the internet the next month.
And it annoys me when someone uses it, so I don't bother with saving webpage complete.
I just figure "pfah, I don't have to take you treating me like some kind of thief trying to steal your crappy image." and I stop reading it.
Actually... why do you want that Javascript?
If I wanted to "steal" your image and print it on T-Shirts, or edit it to forum avatars, or print it in a book form, or photoshop it into something nasty, then I know at least 5 ways of doing it.
However, if I just want to enjoy your art when the net is down, I usually find "stealing" the file is not worth the trouble and guilt.
Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:03 am
by RPin
Up to this date, the only sites that used the javascript trick I've seen so far protected images that weren't even copyrighted to them, like the Inuyasha fanpage and some sprite comics. Most artists just have a "share with health" kind of attitude. My only beef are comic-rippers, but aside from that, anything is allowed. As for people printing your work in T shirts to sell, that will only happen if you provide high resolution images of your works.
Only start worrying about copyright after you get famous enough, kid.