Ftp prob

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
Post Reply
User avatar
Bright spark
Regular Poster
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:19 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Ftp prob

Post by Bright spark »

So I'm all nice and signed up to my new account. And the page is up and i can log in fine, but on any of 3 different ftp programs I used, I get into my site through them, but dont have permission to upload.

Am I forgetting to do something I did on my last account, or is this a new sign up thing?

Any ideas?
Go on, check it out


http://brightspark.keenspace.com- is now dead, but drop by and pay your respects.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~misjed/- my sisters comic, be nice to her and she'll be nice to me.

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

you have to upload new comics, and templates into your workspace folder. thats so your keentags all get changed over.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Bright spark
Regular Poster
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:19 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Post by Bright spark »

Well, yeah.

But no ftp program will give me permission to uplaod to any of the workspace files.

Go figure.

(it tends to be called a 550 error of most of my programs, then they tell me its the server whose not givin' me permission).
Go on, check it out


http://brightspark.keenspace.com- is now dead, but drop by and pay your respects.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~misjed/- my sisters comic, be nice to her and she'll be nice to me.

User avatar
Bright spark
Regular Poster
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:19 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Post by Bright spark »

I noticed that someone had the same problem here:

viewtopic.php?t=55852&postdays=0&postor ... &start=240

Somehow it got fixed.
Go on, check it out


http://brightspark.keenspace.com- is now dead, but drop by and pay your respects.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~misjed/- my sisters comic, be nice to her and she'll be nice to me.

User avatar
Hazardswake
Regular Poster
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:28 am
Contact:

Post by Hazardswake »

I have the same problem. I can access my site thru FTP, but I cannot upload anything. Here's the error report I get when I try to upload.

200 Type set to I
200 PORT command successful
550 (filename).jpg: Permission denied

If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd be exceedingly grateful. I just got my account a week ago, you see, and am very excited about getting my comic started. Thanks!

User avatar
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3660
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:52 am
Location: My little office
Contact:

Post by IVstudios »

I had pretty much the same problem once for about a week. It went away on it's own, so I have no Idea what caused it. The only thing I can think to do is just try to wait it out.

User avatar
Sasjhwa
Regular Poster
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Bothell, Washington, USA
Contact:

same thing here

Post by Sasjhwa »

I'm having the same problem with my new site http://magicandmiracles.keenspace.com.

User avatar
Hazardswake
Regular Poster
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:28 am
Contact:

Post by Hazardswake »

I wonder if everyone who signed up on a certain day(s) is having this problem. Mine still won't allow me to upload. I forgot to list my site:

http://hazardswake.keenspace.com/
Hazard's Wake - fantasy webcomic in an RPG world.

User avatar
Bright spark
Regular Poster
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:19 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Post by Bright spark »

As per people advise, I've waited. A week and a half and still not working.

Is anyone else's still not working?
Go on, check it out


http://brightspark.keenspace.com- is now dead, but drop by and pay your respects.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~misjed/- my sisters comic, be nice to her and she'll be nice to me.

User avatar
Hazardswake
Regular Poster
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:28 am
Contact:

Post by Hazardswake »

Mine still won't work. Same error. I've triple-checked to make sure I'm doing everything right. Is there anyone around here who knows about this? It sounds like this sort of problem has happened before. I don't mean to be inconsiderate, but it has been awhile since the problem was first brought up.
Hazard's Wake - fantasy webcomic in an RPG world.

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

Have you tried contacting Kisai? She should be able to help you. Here's her profile: profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5615
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

Sounds like a permissions problem.

I wish I could help but it looks like you'll need Kisai on this.
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

User avatar
Hazardswake
Regular Poster
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:28 am
Contact:

Post by Hazardswake »

Mercury_Hat wrote:Have you tried contacting Kisai? She should be able to help you. Here's her profile: profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5615
So far my efforts at contacting her have failed. I shall wait patiently in the mean time.
Hazard's Wake - fantasy webcomic in an RPG world.

User avatar
Hazardswake
Regular Poster
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:28 am
Contact:

Post by Hazardswake »

I've sent the info about the problem thru the TIER II Feedback Form. I know the guide said not to send FTP problems, but this seems to be an access problem that has to do with uploading thru FTP . I hope this'll reach Kisai.
Hazard's Wake - fantasy webcomic in an RPG world.

User avatar
Hazardswake
Regular Poster
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:28 am
Contact:

Post by Hazardswake »

Kisai seems to have fixed everything! Yay! Thank you!
So, how about everyone else. Does yours work now?
Hazard's Wake - fantasy webcomic in an RPG world.

User avatar
Bright spark
Regular Poster
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:19 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Post by Bright spark »

Joy!! It's working.

Great and amazing.
Go on, check it out


http://brightspark.keenspace.com- is now dead, but drop by and pay your respects.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~misjed/- my sisters comic, be nice to her and she'll be nice to me.

Post Reply