HELP for Comic Genesis Signups

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Postby Wizardmon5 on Fri May 14, 2004 6:37 pm

I read the first page of this, and I didn't really have the patience to read the rest, so I apologize if this has already been asked.

My question is... I made my account, got the activation e-mail, activated, supposedly, so now what do I do? I think I read something about waiting for a password e-mail? I've been waiting for that for about three days.

What am I missing? I have a large store of comics, and no website to display them on. =P
Wizardmon5
Regular Poster

Postby Shadowfaye on Sat May 15, 2004 3:22 pm

Hello Kisai sorry to bother you, but I'm shadowfaye, of Sinister Sun, and I'm trying to start editing my site. It's been almost two weeks since I signed up, and I got my password monday. I can't sign in. The join page has basically nothing on it. I don't want to "sign up", I already did. I've wanted to do a web comic for years, and I've scanned my drawings. Please tell me what's wrong, my e-mails are all being returned. I can't sign in without joining, apparently. Can you help, please? I requested a password change, but haven't received a new password yet. I got the activation code. I am in Eastern time, but it says GMT because I don't know how to convert it to GMT + or - whatever. If you get a chance to tell me what's going on, please do. Arigatou!
Shadowfaye

Postby Yu on Sat May 15, 2004 5:05 pm

Hi..

I signed up (Gessekai) and..well, I didn't realize that the email could have arrived in my bulk mail folder, and I ended up emptying it today.

>_<;; Then I was looking through Help topics and realized it could have been there, got my forum email in my bulk folder, and..well, I probably ended up erasing the signup email.

I'm guessing that the only thing to do is wait for the thing to expire/purge..but is there any other way, really?

I'd really appreciate the help. Thank you. ^_^
Yu

Postby Kisai on Sat May 15, 2004 11:45 pm

to answer some questions:
1. Minimum 7 days before you get the password for the site
2. Chances are the password you get won't work (still trying to track down this problem) change at http://siteadmin.keenspace.com/cgi-bin/ ... ssword.cgi , make sure you ACTIVATE the password, or it will NOT work.
3. Someone needs to learn their timezones. PST is -8 from the GMT, EST is -5 from GMT but +3 from PST. It's confusing, if the comic doesn't show up at the right time, adjust it. If it doesn't show up on the right day, toggle between todays comic and tomorrows comic.

4. If you never got the activation email for the account, SOL, wait for it to expire and try again, again, 7 days. You can check to see if it's still pending at http://siteadmin.keenspace.com/cgi-bin/check_status.cgi
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Yu on Sat May 15, 2004 11:50 pm

Thank you.

It must be annoying to answer the same questions over and over again. x_x I'm sorry about that.

In fact..-laughs- I just got the email now, it ended up getting here in the morning in my normal inbox, I just thought I'd deleted it.
Yu

To Kisai

Postby Bob Insomnia on Sun May 16, 2004 2:19 am

Hmm .. Do I REALLY owe you artwork now? :P :lol: :D

<a href="http://ennu.deviantart.com"> pick some pics over here </a>
Bob Insomnia

Postby Shadowfaye on Sun May 16, 2004 6:26 am

thank you SO MUCH Kisai. I finally have a web comic ^^ *is happy in her dorkish froshie fashion*
Shadowfaye

Postby Shadowfaye on Sun May 16, 2004 7:57 am

Oh my... another stupid question from the computer-challenged chick. How is it that I add a new page to my comic? I went to manual update, chose full page update, clicked submit, and then all that happened was two boxes (plain text, clicking on them does nothing) appeared in the box below them. I also set it to update today's page at 12:00 here, 9:00 PST, but the option still won't work. I'm not sure what to do. *sigh* I'm sorry that I suck with the web comic process. I have been exploring the options after sign in for a while, but I seem to miss a lot of obvious things.

Damare jibun no ko'e! Damaranaito Q-tip de tsuttsuku zo!
Shadowfaye

Postby Kisai on Sun May 16, 2004 9:33 am

Please create a new thread for questions unrelated to the signup, thank you.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Phalanx on Mon May 17, 2004 9:14 am

Shadowfaye:
Read the Tagtorial and guides thread. It should have everything you need in there.
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby SailorPtah on Sat May 22, 2004 6:38 am

I already have the one Keenspace account, but I've been working on a story (in pseudo-manga format) that's completely unrelated to the comic I have going, and Keenspace has worked so well for the first one that I figured, why not stay with it...

The thing is, I signed up for the last one back before addresses, phone numbers, and other identifying information were strictly required. And my parents remain skittish about giving out such information for anything Internet-related.

Is there any way I could get cut some slack on the required information, or are those rules Carved In Stone now?

...and would it help at all if I said pretty please with sugar on top?

~Erin
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Briar on Sat May 22, 2004 2:36 pm

Yeah been waiting for like *checks calender* about a week and some odd days now because I know you've said it takes up to 5 to 7 days for an e-mail and I still havn't gotten one so........should I sign up again?
Briar

Postby Mew Master on Thu May 27, 2004 11:08 am

Okay, I'm new here and a few things confound me.

1. I've done the Pasword Change thing, edited it, got the activation code and then did that. Then I closed all my browsers and tried to login. It didn't work. I kept getting the same page, the one with the cookies/firewall thing. I am not computer literate, where exactly can I edit my cookies? (Pretty sure I don't have a firewall)

2. The FTP thing confuses me as well, and a walkthough I checked didn't help me out much. Is the FTP for IE a program already installed? Is there a way to get it to work?

3. I've checked my statis for my Sign-up, my comic name (which by accident is my username and not the name I want for the comic), and my password change. And they all come up OK. Good or bad?

4. Since everything is Okay, and I signed up Last Monday and got my confermation E-mail early this week, do I still have to wait 7 days before being allowed to get onto and edit my site?

Thanks.
Mew Master
Regular Poster

me too.

Postby Holydust on Thu May 27, 2004 12:47 pm

Signed up 8 days ago, still no activation. I knew when I signed up that I'd be one of the unlucky ones. My site is completely ready, I just need the password. I guess I should just wait for a purge. Grrrrr.
look to the sky, look to yourself and remember;
we are god's echoes, and god is <a href=http://noscere.org>narcissus</a>.
Holydust

Postby 4Dsheep on Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:35 am

When I signed in (account name 'hubble'), the preview image 'FAIL'ed, because "it was larger than 500kB". This isn't true, it's actually 353.1 kB. This maybe could have been something about the file EXTENSION (.png), though, but would this sign-in get accepted? It said that the e-mail was being send, but I'm not sure if it gets accepted without the image. (Image here.)
4Dsheep

umm...

Postby Mikeaii on Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:33 am

I would really really really like to signup and do webcomicy stuff with keenspace.
But...
As someone has also said above. Is it possible to get out of the Address giving section? One, because (as earlier mentioned) my perants are paranoid (probably with good cause) and also I live in england and posting anything to me will be costly and time wasting.

Also, what is the deal with the Today's Comic - Tommorows Comic thing. I do not mean to sound rude or be badmannered, I just am confused.

Thank you very much for even using your precious time to read my post. Thankyou.
Mikeaii

Postby LaVey on Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:44 pm

I signed up a little bit ago, and I haven't recieved my email yet. I was wondering if the system is case-sensitive. If it isn't, then I am probably screwed. *cries*
LaVey

Postby Mage on Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:42 am

how long dose one usally have to wait till they get an e-mail after signing up?
Mage

Postby Kittymarie on Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:13 am

I signed up like eight days ago but the first two times i signed up i caught some mistakes that i made so i signed up a third time. I just now discovered there was a forum here, and saw your rules posted about the multiple signups being deleted. I was wondering after this time should i just sign up again, since it's already past 48 hours or should i just wait longer.
Kittymarie

Postby Alaina on Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:02 am

I'll try and see if I can answer anything.

kittymarie wrote:Stuff.

Wait. Definitely more than 48 hours, at least a week.

mage wrote:?

It depends. Usually a week, but it can take longer or shorter. Count on longer, though.

LaVey wrote:??

Do you mean you typed your email address in uppercase or something? I don't think it's case sensitive, but you should start typing things up as they are.

Mikeaii wrote:Query.

If you're so worried, then make up an address (I might get the mallet for this). I'm sure it's not a big deal. No one's going to start stalking you or writing you. People who read your comic won't see the address.

Perhaps you should read the Tagtorial guide first. I don't think I understood the question.

4Dsheep wrote:Meh.

That happened to me too. Just reduce your comic a little bit (you can always save the larger size for when you put it on your site) and try again. And try the Save For Web option. There's nothing wrong with PNG.

holydust wrote:Grrrrr.

Wait a little longer. These things can take time. Try asking for a new password.

Mew Master wrote:Orange, hideous pain.

Um, don't use that color.

1. I don't know how to answer this one, sorry.
2. An FTP program merely transfers what files you have on your computer to the internet/site you want it to go to (I assume). Think of it like Photobucket or Homestead or some other file. Read Phalanx's tutorial.
3. Good. Wait, does this mean your site is still in Sign-up?
4. If you have the password, no. The 7 days is for the password.

Briar wrote:Hmm

Don't sign up again. First check to see if your comic is still in on the Sign-up page. If it's not there, then your email should be coming. If your email isn't there for another week or so, then I guess you sign up again.

SailorPtah wrote:Mm.

Same answer up there.

Sorry Kisai, Phalanx, if I screwed anything up and gave people the wrong information.

And it should be mandatory to read the Tagorial/guides/FAQ threads before joining.
Alaina
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Help Center