HELP for Comic Genesis Signups

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

help!

Postby Mage on Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:01 am

help i cant sign up! i put in everything correctly and when i send it it says it can not recornise the telephone number. how stupid is that? and i carnt figure out what im doing wrong. ive tried everything help!!!
Mage

Postby Kisai on Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:07 am

Which country are you in?
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Mage on Sat May 01, 2004 7:22 am

england
Mage

Postby Kisai on Sat May 01, 2004 11:14 pm

Try united kingdom and enter the phone number like an american would call starting with the country code
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby H-Kat on Sun May 02, 2004 4:34 am

Okay... I'm Kitty, and I should have gogreen.keenspace procured.

The thing is, it won't allow me to login.

I'm using IE6, with Accept all cookies going, andI even dropped to low security for the repeated attempts. It seems to not want to let me in. I've tried accessing from four other computers now, and every time, no success.

I'm positive on the password; I've already gotten the Okay. What might be some reasons I can't login?

-H-Kat
Lesbians. Monkeys. Things that start with T. Women. Money. Music. Woman. Money. Lesbians.
H-Kat
Regular Poster

Postby Mage on Sun May 02, 2004 4:54 am

country code? would be alot easyer if you dint have to put it down in the first place. i perfect faith in my e-mail.
Mage

Postby Phalanx on Sun May 02, 2004 7:08 am

I think the code is 44... but don't take my word fer it.

check it here:

http://www.countrycallingcodes.com

password problee: Does it display an error message or do you just see the login page again with NO error msg on top?
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Len on Sun May 02, 2004 8:59 am

I'm a little confused. I never recieved a password so I can update my comic...I was just gonna reapply, but my first comic is still up. So I checked the status of my registration and it said everything was peachy.( [loserjournals.keenspace.com)Is there some way to get my password? Help for the technologically inadaquate would be most appreciated ;_;

-Len
Len

Postby Mage on Mon May 03, 2004 6:06 am

have they ever needed to phone someone before?
Mage

Postby Snarks on Mon May 03, 2004 11:13 pm

Okay, I just got my "your account has been created" confermation e-mail (togizoushi). The e-mail says to go to http://www.keenspace.com/join.html and to follow "step 3" and login with my username and the supplied password.

Going to the join page sends me back to the main Keenspace page. If I try to use the "member login" page, it gives me the error... "If you are seeing this message, it means you have entered an incorrect password, but the form is working."

I tried this on both Netscape and IE 6 and I doublechecked for case sensitivity.

Thanks,

Snarks
Snarks

Postby Kisai on Tue May 04, 2004 8:55 am

mage wrote:have they ever needed to phone someone before?

Not that I know of, though if you don't know your own country code (americans have the excuse of ignorance, many recite their phone number as 7 digits) then it suggests you don't live in that country. The signup script is designed to prevent bulk signups frustrate people attemping to make junk signups.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Mage on Tue May 04, 2004 11:57 am

oh, i thought you where just trying to drive people insain by them not knowing their country code.
Mage

Postby JesterPepper on Tue May 04, 2004 6:19 pm

EDIT: FORGIVE ME! It works.
JesterPepper

Postby Simon rex on Wed May 05, 2004 11:03 pm

the page seems to go blank everytime i fill out the page. im not sure if im verifying or i did somthing wrong. ive tried a few times and im worried ill clog up your e mail if i keep trying. and whats this about country code?

thanks
Simon rex

Postby Briar on Sat May 08, 2004 6:38 pm

Yeah um..hi when I fill out the Join keenspace form (the form were they ask for the smaple of your comic) it goes blank when i hit verify and now i hvae no idea what to do because i try to log in and it won't let me and *head explodes from sheer confusion/frustration* ...so any help would be GREATLY appreciated..o and whats the second address for?
Briar

help!

Postby Bob Insomnia on Sat May 08, 2004 10:44 pm

[quote]Going to the join page sends me back to the main Keenspace page. If I try to use the "member login" page, it gives me the error... "If you are seeing this message, it means you have entered an incorrect password, but the form is working."[/quote]

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Do I have to wait 2-5 days until I can get in?
Bob Insomnia

Postby IFire on Sat May 08, 2004 11:45 pm

Yea, you'll get an email when "your account is ready"... then its free sailing :D
IFire

Postby Simon rex on Sun May 09, 2004 12:40 pm

its been like 5 days an i havent gotten a reply... when you fill out the page shouldnt it go to somewhere else? it seems like it should all just go blank after the page has been filled out...
Simon rex

hmm

Postby Bob Insomnia on Tue May 11, 2004 10:50 pm

Five to six days have passed, no e-mail. :x
Im getting worried! :(

But the site is up. Hooray!
Bob Insomnia

Postby Druidic_Mutant on Thu May 13, 2004 8:21 pm

just wondering, is there a way to say on the sign-up sheet that there is more than one author.... i didn't see one, and it might be nice to be able to have more than one person be able to take credit instead of the current one.

Just a quick suggestion, Mutant
black is white, haven't you all noticed? oh, yah and the usa is horrible, stupid bush, damn you minimum voting age.
Druidic_Mutant

PreviousNext

Return to Help Center