HELP for Comic Genesis Signups

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Has the email /really/ been sent?

Postby Andronis on Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:10 am

When http://siteadmintest.keenspace.com/cgi- ... status.cgi tells me "Signup email sent, waiting activation or purge" does that mean that it's truly sent the email and that if I haven't gotten it after even an hour, something is actually wrong? Or does it actually say that while the signup sits in a queue for someone real to examine it first too?
Andronis
Regular Poster

Gmail

Postby Dalrint on Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:24 pm

Has anyone had any problems getting sign-up emails to arrive at G-mail? I know I entered the address correctly (I checked it at least ten times, I was so paranoid after messing up my Last attempt to join) And I know the e-mail has been sent out from Keenspace...but it hasn't arrived.

And I have looked through everything on g-mail, and it says it doesn't block anything...so I'm trying to figure out what happened.

Edit: Never mind. Gmail was just being dumb.
Dalrint

Log-In ISSUES

Postby Thedevilmyself on Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:33 pm

Ok, well, i signed up, and days later, it was approved. Now, today, i've got the time to start setting up my account, and i try logging in... no help. I turn off my firewall... no dice. I turn off all the security settings on IE... still no dice. This is bothersome. So i change the password to my typicaly password, fed up with typing the jumble of capital & lowercase letters i was provided with, and try that. No go. I try logging on to a different spot... nothing... nothing... nothing... this is annoying! What is going on!?

~Devil
Thedevilmyself

Postby Darksteel Chaos on Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:56 pm

:( It's been more than a week and a half now.. I'm being patient... No email with a password has been sent.
my username: darksteelcomics.keenspace.com
When i checked my signup status, it said it never existed. Why? I verified my email..and my msn account doesn't block keenspace emails. Could I have some help before I blast my brains out with my shottie? Please, im getting anxious to put up my comic.
Darksteel Chaos

Postby Thirte3n on Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:12 am

Erm...A lil question here...

I signed up for an account
Checked signup, everything's ok

Then I got the activation email...replied to it
Checked signup, got the "Signup found, status: Signup completed, check username status" reply
Checked comic status, gave me "Username not found"

Silly me went to do the lost password thingy instead of waiting 7 days...

So eh...is that alright? Or should I sign up again?
Thirte3n

Postby YarpsDat on Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:18 am

Just wait a couple of days.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kisai on Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:36 am

thirte3n wrote:Erm...A lil question here...

I signed up for an account
Checked signup, everything's ok

Then I got the activation email...replied to it
Checked signup, got the "Signup found, status: Signup completed, check username status" reply
Checked comic status, gave me "Username not found"

Silly me went to do the lost password thingy instead of waiting 7 days...

So eh...is that alright? Or should I sign up again?

You don't reply to it, you follow the links provided.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Uberkommando on Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:35 pm

how much time does it take for the activation email to arrive?? I must have signed up at least five times now and ive waited almost two weeks for it but nothing came. i didnt mess up on registration, so im not sure whats up.
Uberkommando

Postby YarpsDat on Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:37 am

So wait... you signed up, waited two weeks, then signed up again and again, and again, and again? For total of more than 10 weeks= over two months of waiting?

Or, did you sign up 5 times, and then wait 2 weeks?

In the first case: man, I admire your persistence. But perhaps there is something wrong with your e-mail addy (or e-mail provider- some are known to filter keenspace mails as spam)...
(and if you did receive the "confirm your e-mail" but never got the "your signup is completed" , perhaps there was something wrong with your comic- ie. you used sprites stolen from Mario or Megaman...)

In the later case: the signups are reviewed, if I saw someone signing up for 5 different names, I could reject them all till the guy makes up his mind and only registers one. That's possible.
Of course, there could be problems with e-mail or the signup samle too.

If it's something else, well, I don't know what happened. How far in the registeration proces did you get to?
Did you recieve the first "confirm your e-mail" mail?

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Uberkommando on Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:30 pm

well it was more like this: i signed up once, waited a few days, thought i screwed up and signed up again just to be safe, waited a few more days, signed up again, etc.
no, i didnt use any sprites from nintendo. All five times i filled out the entire registration with the comic sample as well. i didnt recieve the first
"confirm your email" mail either.
i could check the filter on my email to see if its been blocked or something, but otherwise i guess ill just keep signing up until i get a confirmation. i really wanna have my comic hosted here, and like you said, im persistence and i wont give up!!
Uberkommando

Postby YarpsDat on Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:58 pm

uberkommando wrote:i didnt recieve the first
"confirm your email" mail either.

ah.
Well, the first e-mail is send automatically, I think within 24 hours from you signing up. I think. I don't think it could take more than 2 days.
Anyways, that one is sent to everyone, so if you didn't receive it there is something wrong with the e-mail
Probably your e-mail provider has some auto- spam filter, that filters keenspace for some reason. (One of the reasons- there is some spamming company with an IP similar to keenspace...)
I'd suggest getting some free e-mail from some other provider and checking if that works.

I'm not sure which providers work though...

YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Uberkommando on Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:50 pm

i guess youre right. after so many failsafe checks with my email and the sign up form, that appears to be the only explanation. ill get a new email from somewhere and see if that works with the registration. thanks for the advice! :D
Uberkommando

Postby IceSage on Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:48 pm

Edit: You know what, I think I answered my own question. I have to wait 7 days for the password to be emailed, correct? If that's it, forget I just posted... =D (But I'll keep what I posted just in case there's still something else I missed.)

Hopefully I'm not being an idiot when posting this so bare with me... I tried reading all of the previous posts to make sure...

Anyway... 2 days ago I created my Keenspace account, it took about a day for it to arrive. Once it arrived, I put in the activation code. The page said the email was verified.

I went to the "Check Status" page, and entered in the username I provided, and the page confirmed that I had activated my email. "Signup completed, check username status"

I checked the username status, it said "username not found."

I waited a day, until today, and tried it again, still it said the username was not found.

So, I'm wondering what exactly is suppose to happen next. Am I just suppose to wait... or did I miss a step? Was I suppose to get an email after I entered the activation code or not?

Thanks for your patience! (Especially if I'm being an idiot on this matter... I'm new around here.)
IceSage

Postby Wickedbishonen on Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:47 am

ok, so i made an account, tried to get it to work many times before i got it, then i went to check my mail for the code... did'nt srrive so i thought i made a mistake in the email so i tried again with a different address, still nothing, so i checked here and saw that i had to wait a couple days or something. sooo sorry i made another acount...
Wickedbishonen

Postby EMH on Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:49 pm

Don't worry. One of them will probably be rejected as a duplicate.
Emergency Moderating Hologram - superhero alter ego of YarpsDat
don't PM me on this account. I usualy only log in to it when something needs malleting...
EMH
Regular Poster

Postby Wickedbishonen on Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:18 pm

alright cool, how long does it take to get the activation code anyway
Wickedbishonen

Postby YarpsDat on Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:23 am

About two weeks, I think.

YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Blackbirdi106 on Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:31 am

:cry: *sniffle* help...

i did everything that has been said up to the part where i got my email w/ my password. my password didn't work so i created a new one activated that and tried to login... nothing happened... later i was trying to get started...downloaded an ftp... and (while i was reading the manual thingy) i entered in what i was told to ...first i got no reply from the server ao i tried again w/ butch.keenspcae.com...still no reply form the server. about a week later i tried again and got the following message from my ftp... "connection timeout. no response from server. will some one help me figure out what i did wrong...? please?
Blackbirdi106

Postby IceSage on Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:21 pm

blackbirdi106 wrote::cry: *sniffle* help...

i did everything that has been said up to the part where i got my email w/ my password. my password didn't work so i created a new one activated that and tried to login... nothing happened... later i was trying to get started...downloaded an ftp... and (while i was reading the manual thingy) i entered in what i was told to ...first i got no reply from the server ao i tried again w/ butch.keenspcae.com...still no reply form the server. about a week later i tried again and got the following message from my ftp... "connection timeout. no response from server. will some one help me figure out what i did wrong...? please?

Well, I can help you to FTP, but if your account isn't setup, then the problem is that.

However, you enter in your address in the ftp field....

So, yours is butch? So it would be butch.keenspace.com

Then there's a username field and a password field. Enter in the username, butch, and then enter your password. It's case sensitive.

I created a screenshot of what mine would look like, in SmartFTP:

That problaby doesn't help you in the least bit.. but whatever. XD
IceSage

Postby Mercury Hat on Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:00 pm

FTP to YOURSITENAME.keenspace.com not butch.keenspace.com.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

PreviousNext

Return to Help Center