HELP for Comic Genesis Signups

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Re: HELP for Comic Genesis Signups

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:37 pm

Woohoo!

Congratulations! :D
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Trackstar on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:52 pm

Comic: the Trackstar

i got the e-mail, but didn't get the activation code. i've set up the site, but can't upload my comic. how do i find the activation code? as in the

Activate Password
Activation code (case sensitive):

prompt. I've activated the password, as far as i can tell.
Trackstar

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:06 am

I assume that this is your comic?

Since your comic is up and running, you don't need that email - you need to get an FTP password (see here to get one). Once you have your FTp password, you'll be able to login to your account directly with any FTP program. See the Tutorials page for more information.

You also ought to log into SiteAdmin (using your Forum username and password) and add your comic to your forum account inside SiteAdmin.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Smurfle on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:21 pm

Halp!Ive got problems logging in!
Ive already posted on http://forums.comicgenesis.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85744
ive got all the necessary emails and everything but everytime i try to log in to my comic it keeps showing this--

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/space/siteadmin/public_html/everything.php on line 617
Your browser did not return the expected response Smurfle

Referred from: http://www.comicgenesis.com/

User Agent(Browser) reports it is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5
No Proxy Detected
Your Actual IP Address: 61.17.167.82
Your browser is broken
Browser status: MSIE 7: Working
Firefox 2.0.0.4: Working
Safari 3.0.2: Working
Opera 9.21 (8776): Working
Nintendo DS Opera: Not working
Please use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Opera or something that supports HTTP Digest Authentication compliant with RFC2617!
Also you get this if you entered the wrong password, or have never logged out of forums.comicgenesis.com and back in after July 22nd 2007

Ive tried it on IE and firefox but nothing!
then I thought maybe that there was a problem with my home PC but am right now at an internet cafe.
Sorry bout sounding like such a newbie but I'm so very bad at this! D:
-If a rock could talk,does it have to sound stoned?-
-When life gives you lemons,its tequila time!-

Ant & the Man
Smurfle

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:20 am

Hmm, that's an odd one.

Try going directly to SiteAdmin: http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com/

It shouldn't make a difference, but it might. Usual answers as well - make sure you log into the forum as Smurfle and not smurfle or SMURFLE, make sure you don't have the caps lock key on, make sure that you're not using any fancy characters, using default keyboard settings and so on.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Smurfle on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:27 am

hehe ok i feel stupid..my password had a < in it so i changed it and now im in!
thanks loads!!

Ant & the Man
Smurfle

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:51 pm

w00t!

Welcome aboard! \o/ \o/ \o/
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Smurfle on Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:50 am

thanks! ^_^
now to conquer html!
Onward & upward!

Ant & the Man
Smurfle

Postby Ruthborn on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:46 pm

Okay. Going onto three weeks now and nothing. What's happening guys?
Ruthborn

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:19 am

Might need to re-post in the "Joined but no email?" thread at the top of the help centre.

STrRedWolf is the only one who has any ability to help in this instance, none of the forum mods have access to the site code or the server. Some people appear to have been helped, so most likely he is having to fix things manually and might have missed yours.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dzmcroy on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:09 am

Hey, I'm a newbie here, trying to set up a comic and running into a few problems.

I registered my comic yesterday afternoon, but never received the one-hour confirmation e-mail. I tried to sign up for the forums to ask about it--and never received my validation e-mail for that, either! (I checked spam filters, too.) Finally, I tried re-signing up (for the forums) under a different name with my school e-mail instead of my personal one--and this time, the e-mail came promptly (to my other account). So clearly, for some reason, the problem is my Yahoo e-mail account.

Question: what now? Do I re-register my comic, or can someone change my e-mail address on the old registration and send me a new validation e-mail?

Thanks for the help!!
Dzmcroy

Postby The Jeremy on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:04 pm

How do I apply the template to the webpage? The site is a black void.
The Jeremy
Regular Poster

Postby Takuun on Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:27 pm

Comic Name: legion of deception

I'm doin this for my friend which has been doing all the artwork on this collaberation comic of ours. He put the activation code in back on the 8th of october and it's been 11 days since then. Should we worry as we're getting close to that 14 day deletion point? I don't know if we have to put the code back in or not.
Takuun
Regular Poster

Postby Otama Sanshiro on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:54 pm

I have recieved an verification email, but after 10 days now, I didn't recieve my welcome email.

I think I know why.

I activated the forum membership first, so it doesn't do 'it'.
So I used the same verification code that knew I wasn't a spambot to activate my FTP pasword.
But I think I've done something wrong. Did I?
Otama Sanshiro

Postby RaiDK on Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:13 am

I applied last week with the URL neighbourhood.comicgenesis.com, I've had the validation email with the string to put in and I've put that in, but haven't heard anything back since. Been about 10 days as well for me.

Is this normal or is something up with applications atm?
RaiDK

Postby Jirin on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:13 pm

I've got a few questions.

1. I wanted the domain for my comic to be the name of my comic, not my user name. Is there anyway to change my user name to the name of my comic?

2. I've been running my comic on my own site for a while and have a bit of a hefty archive. I wanted to put just this year of the comic up on Comic Genesis, and also a link to where the rest of the archive is. If I just upload all the comics I want up to the workload folder, will it automatically put them in?

3. I'm a little hazy on what exactly I'm supposed to upload on my end. Do I need images and archive pages for each day or just the images? What do I put up if I want to customize my main page?

The tutorial pages are there but they're kind of wordy and don't always get to the point. If somebody could either get me started or link me to the specific pages that contain that information, I'd appreciate it.
Jirin

Postby Allcapscomix on Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:37 pm

I've received my "congratulations" email, and set up my forum password, but every time I attempt to login via the siteadmin link in my email or at the main comicgenesis page it says:

"Forum Username allcapscomix not valid!
You must have a ComicGenesis Forum login (or you entered a bad username or password, it is CASE SENSITIVE.)

Please see below for possible correct spellings:

Allcapscomix"

I tried login in with this username, which also didn't work. Finally I reset my password (twice) using the lost password form, and the new passwords didn't work either. I've done all the activations as far as I can tell, and obviously I can log onto the forums, since I'm here now... any suggestions?
Allcapscomix

Postby Wendybird on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:43 am

Allcaps: Try logging out of the forums, then logging back in with first letter capitalized. Then you should be able to log into siteadmin and wiki.

Jirin: Try this tutorial: http://cgwiki.comicgenesis.com/index.ph ... Step_Guide

For your archive, you should name your image files for dates during the past year, e.g. when they went up on your old site if you want to be precise, in a yyyymmdd format. Upload them in Siteadmin or through FTP into /workspace/comics . When you run a full update from Siteadmin, they'll all go up on their own pages as determined by the dailytemplate.

You can customize your comic pages by adding code to the dailytemplate, and your main page by adding to the indextemplate. See the tutorial I linked.

Unfortunately, I think you're stuck with your URL.

Not exactly signup problems ... feel free to start new topics, guys.
Last edited by Wendybird on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wendybird
Regular Poster

Postby Allcapscomix on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:24 pm

Thanks for the help - everything seems to be working now.
Allcapscomix

Postby Comiccracker on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:11 pm

http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com/ wrote:Your browser did not return the expected response comiccracker

Referred from: http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.p ... 777a508bac

User Agent(Browser) reports it is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 ImageShackToolbar/5.0.0
No Proxy Detected
Your Actual IP Address: 67.207.229.91
Your browser is broken
Browser status: MSIE 7: Working
Firefox 2.0.0.4: Working
Safari 3.0.2: Working
Opera 9.21 (8776): Working
Nintendo DS Opera: Not working
Please use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Opera or something that supports HTTP Digest Authentication compliant with RFC2617!
Also you get this if you entered the wrong password, or have never logged out of forums.comicgenesis.com and back in after July 22nd 2007

this is what i get when i go to check the status of my setup. i go thte verifictaion email but i have not gotten the password yet it has been 7 days now. i posted in the other help section about the email not being sent. but then i went and dug further and found the link saying check it at that url... but when i did that came up. i tried the reset password link thing and that said my username wasnt working or somethign here is what it said
http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com:8080/cgi-bin/lost_password.cgi wrote:Username not found! Contact a wrangler on the forums.
Back to Login

E-Mail has been sent
Password changes to FTP and siteadmin take effect immediately,
password changes to members.keenspace.com take effect at 2AM
Lost Password
Comic username (case sensitive):
Custom Password:
Custom Password(Verify, must match above):
Activate Password
Activation code (case sensitive):

I'm not sure what to do now....
Comiccracker