HELP for Comic Genesis Signups

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Postby YarpsDat on Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:37 pm

Well, tough luck.

I have problem with Keenspace and e-mails too. For some reason e-mails keenspace forums sends to me bounce, even though the e-mail had worked for the past two years, and I haven't changed anything.

But the notifications for an other account, which is linked to an e-mail on an other provider work correctly, so, it's either the e-mail provider, or the connection between keenspace e-mail and my provider- ie. they are using slightly different specs, and as a result the connection fails.
I wonder, Kisai, did you change anything in the e-mail setup?

Knight, maybe get an e-mail, just to use for the site from some free provider.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Knightsaber on Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:29 pm

I just discovered that when I registered for the forums, I in fact did get an email from help (at) butch (dot) keenspace.com.

So it is, in fact, not blacklisted. Weird. Oh, and I just tried with a Yahoo account and got the same thing...script reports email sent, but none has arrived. Should I worry, or just keep waiting?
Knightsaber
Regular Poster

Postby Knightsaber on Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:10 pm

I just happened to get my verification mail. Thanks for all the help.

I must learn patience. :oops:
Knightsaber
Regular Poster

Postby Kisai on Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:18 pm

YarpsDat wrote:
Knightsaber wrote:This might not be pleasant. But I'm going to ask a signup question with my first post, which will either bring the ire of the forums down upon my head for all eternity, or will please me somewhat.

I'm asking about the signup status CGI script. I signed up and am waiting (patiently) for my email. I read the post about the script and thought, what the hey, I'll try it, and I get this:

Signup found, status:
Signup email sent, waiting activation or purge

So does this mean that the email was likely dropped by my mail providers? Because if so, I'll do something horribly mean to them. It's also the only 'real' email address I have. i.e. not free.

Thanks in advance, can't wait to be a part of the group here!

Well, sounds to me you should wreak havoc upon your e-mail provider.

Before theat, however you might try this:
Check your "rejected mail" folder.
if that doesn't help,
Get a new password. from http://siteadmin.keenspace.com/cgi-bin/ ... ssword.cgi (I think activating the password should activate your account too)
If it still doesn't help,
Whitelist help *at* butch.keenspace.com and help *at* keenspace.com, and _then_ get a new password.

That should be butch keenSPOT.com not space
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby YarpsDat on Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:55 am

Knightsaber wrote:I just happened to get my verification mail. Thanks for all the help.

I must learn patience. :oops:

Yes, young padawan, you must learn patience. :P

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Very annoyed. Why will this refuse to work?

Postby Superspyra on Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:17 am

Sorry if this has been posted before, but..
My account is ready so I read the email. It says: To start using your account, you should return to the join page at:

http://www.keenspace.com/join.html

and continue with step 3. When prompted to log in, use the name and
password shown above.
But when I get there, there's nothing! What's wrong? :-?
Superspyra

Postby Kisai on Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:45 pm

There is no step 3, just goto gear.keenspace.com instead
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Verification Email

Postby LittleArtist on Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:22 pm

Eh..heh...When I signed up my email had just become deactivated (that ten day thing via hotmail) and it is now re-activated...I was just wondering if the verification email can be sent to me again?

The comic's name is The Antisane, antisane.keenspace.com and umm..It's in the check status thing, and says the email's been sent but...it must have sent whilst my email was still deactivated. So, may I still get that verification email re-sent?
LittleArtist

Postby Hibiki Takami on Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:04 pm

Hello Kisai ^^ Yes, I'm moving my comic to Keenspace.

But there are a couple of snags...

I checked the status of my account and stuff like that and am patiently awaiting the email to be received. However, I checked it and it said that it had already sent the email and its only awaiting verification or purging. Now, it's roughly about 12 or so hours since I signed up for this account... so should I consider the email denied by my email account since it's already been sent according to the check status link you had or shall I wait? Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks ^^
Hibiki Takami

Postby Knightsaber on Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:18 am

Hibiki Takami wrote:Hello Kisai ^^ Yes, I'm moving my comic to Keenspace.

But there are a couple of snags...

I checked the status of my account and stuff like that and am patiently awaiting the email to be received. However, I checked it and it said that it had already sent the email and its only awaiting verification or purging. Now, it's roughly about 12 or so hours since I signed up for this account... so should I consider the email denied by my email account since it's already been sent according to the check status link you had or shall I wait? Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks ^^

You must learn patience as I learned it, young padawan.

It will come in time.

(I believe mine took about 24 hours or so).
Knightsaber
Regular Poster

Postby Theocryst on Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:45 am

24 hours? I've been waiting for a week!

Does the fact that I used a Hotmail address affect anything? ...Was that bad? Or do I need patience too?
Theocryst

Postby Knightsaber on Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:58 am

That might be bad, maybe you should talk to The Lady
Knightsaber
Regular Poster

Postby Mercury Hat on Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:17 am

Or see if you've got a bulk or junk e-mail folder where it could have been bounced.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Postby Theocryst on Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:43 pm

Well, checked through all my folders, including junk and bulk and contacts. I have received nothing as far as Keenspace is concerned. How did I know I would end up losing on this deal? Should I try to re-sign up or something? I'm so lost...

EDIT: and who exactly is "The Lady
Theocryst

postal code

Postby Tali on Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:26 pm

where is that helpful link to the phone and postal code lists ? the stupid sign up sheet wont let me sign in without it
me i am, need allot of help
Tali

Postby YarpsDat on Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:46 am

YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kisai on Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:56 am

you know what... there is no way to resend the activation e-mail... you have to wait for it to time-out and then signup again with the same settings.

Um, to point out however, if you signup twice, usually I delete the earlier one. I think I'm going to start putting verification codes in the signup so if you screwup you can force it to be deleted.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

nevermind

Postby LittleArtist on Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:07 am

Well...*ahem* never mind because i found that it took it longer to send and i did get it..so...sorry to bother you about that...tis all better now though...heh... :oops:
LittleArtist

Postby Laxington on Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:28 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this question yet, but here it goes;

I signed on to keenspace, and recieved a verification email, along with a link to my site, and checked out the link, sure enough my comic was up. I went to go log in, and it wouldn't except my username or password, so I clicked on the new password link, filled it out, and have been waiting since. I know I probably sound very impatient, since I've only been waiting for 2 hours about, but I was wondering how long it takes to send the message.

Also, I'm not quite sure if I filled out the forum right, how exactly are we supposed to fill it out?

I mean, for 'comic username' do we type in the comic name, the username, or both?

and the 'custom password' is it the password we recieved in the email, or a new one that we make up?

Sorry if this sounds very simple to most of you, it's just that I've never done this before, and am very confused.
Laxington

Postby Knightsaber on Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:42 pm

I'd just like to thank everyone for the help and kind words. I have my comic up and running and I'm happier than a clam.

Thanks all.
Three normal guys. When their world and the trading card game worlds collide...does hilarity ensue?
Knightsaber
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Help Center