HELP for Comic Genesis Signups

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Postby Black Sparrow on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:01 pm

The wait can be up to two weeks, so don't stress too much just yet.

I checked the pending sign-ups for your comic (I assume it's the one called "Last Call...") and it's in there. So give it time, and it'll go through, just like it's supposed to.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby Lastcall on Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:58 am

OK, thanks Black Sparrow (...or should I call you B.S.?!? Hee hee, funny.) :lol:
Lastcall
Regular Poster

Postby CodeGuy on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:57 pm

I'll give mine a bit more time, too. Thanks for the help.
CodeGuy
Regular Poster

Postby CodeGuy on Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:04 am

And literally a few minutes after I post that, I get the next e-mail. Patience usually doesn't come with instant rewards. :)
CodeGuy
Regular Poster

I signed up too...

Postby Beandip on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:32 pm

I was trying to check my status.. I signed up on Halloween. I hoped the confirmation code was sent successfully. :-?
Beandip

Postby Lastcall on Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:48 am

OK, new problem. I got the e-mail that said my ComicGenesis account is ready, and I waited 24 hours like it said. I got into the siteadmin page, entered the FTP username and FTP password from the e-mail, and got this:

array(3) { ["comic_id"]=> string(5) "28247" ["user_id"]=> string(5) "26949" ["jam_flag"]=> string(1) "0" } Finding FTP accounts...
SELECT user_unixname,user_id,user_password from KeenSystem.keen_users where user_id='26949'
works. Trying password
Password does not match.
There are no comics available to you

...I'm so confused. :cry:
Lastcall
Regular Poster

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:42 am

Sometimes the default password doesn't work (nobody knows why).

Use the instructions on the CGWiki page for password changing to get a new ftp password and you *should* be good to go...

(Also, if you copy + paste the password - make sure that you don't accidentally copy a space on the end {very easy to do with Windows}. Select any word on this page and you'll see that it'll also select the space after it.)
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Lastcall on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:14 am

That worked Neo, and it said "Logging You In!" but after a few seconds it said:

"This page requires authentication, please goto the Login page."

...and took me right back to the Login page. So my username and password seem to work now, but I can't seem to get any further than that. any suggestions? (And thanks for the help!) :)
Lastcall
Regular Poster

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:29 am

I ... haven't seen that error message before. :-?

Normally it's a yes/no scenario - you either get in or you don't. I haven't heard of it wanting authentication before...

The only thing I can think of is to go over your computer carefully and make sure that you don't have any programs that will block sites - pop-up blockers, anti-virus, netnanny, cookie blockers - pretty much anything that might interfere with your access.

Your messages seem a little confused: are you:
  1. trying to log into http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com ?
  2. have logged into siteadmin but are trying to add your comic?
  3. using an FTP program (such as CoreFTP or Dreamweaver) to access your account dirrectly?
Also, is your site active?
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Lastcall on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:40 am

As far as I know, my site is active: http://lastcall.comicgenesis.com When I click on it, I see the basic layout and the comic I submitted to you guys in the application. ...I just want to log into siteadmin and make the site look all pretty and stuff, and to also add more comics to the archive. :) (Isn't that what siteadmin is for? To make the site look pretty & flashy? If not, where do I go to edit/add things to my site?)

...It might be because I'm at my work computer and it could be blocking it somehow. I'll try it later at home.
Lastcall
Regular Poster

Postby Black Sparrow on Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:44 am

Nah, you edit your pages by going into your FTP, not siteadmin. Siteadmin is just a home base to check stats and trigger manual updates.

Since I'm liable to just confuse you, go six tutorials down to the FTP one. The Step-by-Step guide might be useful to you as well. The wiki can explain it far more concisely than I can.

Oh, and if you can't get into your ftp, even if the password is correct, just wait some more. I've had to wait for a week after the "your account has been activated" email before I could actually get in to edit the site.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby Lastcall on Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:52 am

/cry :cry: Man, I feel like such a freakin' newbie....oh well, at least I'm learnin'! WooooO! :D

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction--now I just need to take the weekend and bust my boobs learning this stuff.... (did I just say 'bust my boobs'? ...eew.)
Lastcall
Regular Poster

SiteAdmin

Postby TheOneTrueMango on Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:26 pm

Yeah... i signed up in the forum... obviously... and siteadmin isn't letting me log in; I get

Forum Username TheOneTrueMango not valid!
You must have a ComicGenesis Forum login (or you entered a bad username or password, it is CASE SENSITIVE.)

Please Help.
TheOneTrueMango

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:39 am

Try this...
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheOneTrueMango on Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:10 am

I did everything it said and it still doesn't work. It is infuriating.
TheOneTrueMango

Li'l tiny bit of help

Postby ColdFusion on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:21 pm

How can I... start a new comic with a separate URL... under my same author name and all that? Do I just go through the regular signup process, or is there a "add new comic/choose url" thing?

(that's right, my new project! hooray!)

EDIT: nvm all done :)
ColdFusion
Regular Poster

Postby BrokenPemcilz on Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:41 am

I don't feel like reading all of the other posts by all of those other people so I'm just gonna ask my question and hope somebody answers it.

I followed all of the steps until I got to that part that says verify creation. Uh, then I copied and pasted the case sensitive activation code. Then, another blank appeared beneath it and asked for the verification code also. I put in the same code, but it didn't go anywhere when I clicked verify. So, am I supposed to type the entire password, wait for the 7 day thing, or something else?
BrokenPemcilz

Postby Tentoumushi on Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:04 am

BrokenPemcilz wrote:I don't feel like reading all of the other posts by all of those other people so I'm just gonna ask my question and hope somebody answers it.

I followed all of the steps until I got to that part that says verify creation. Uh, then I copied and pasted the case sensitive activation code. Then, another blank appeared beneath it and asked for the verification code also. I put in the same code, but it didn't go anywhere when I clicked verify. So, am I supposed to type the entire password, wait for the 7 day thing, or something else?

Same here actually, and I suppose if it's alright to ask to check and see if my comic "Mushian" is on the list. If not I'll just try signing up again.
Tentoumushi
Regular Poster

Re: HELP for Comic Genesis Signups

Postby Spuzo22 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:30 pm

Hello CG folks! I'm confused! I'm trying to put up my comic, but i don't know where to go! I went to keenspot and tried to sighnup, but it wouldn't accept my email or password! Where do i go to sighn up to get my comic up and running?
Spuzo22
Regular Poster

Re: HELP for Comic Genesis Signups

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Keenspot is invite-only and is the "pro" side of webcomics.

To sign up, you want to go to http://comicgenesis.com - the sign-up button is pretty easy to find.

You may want to have a quick read through some of the tutorials on the CGWiki (link in sig) before signing up - it explains a lot and will make things easier for you.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Help Center