HELP for Comic Genesis Signups

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Postby Black Sparrow on Tue May 08, 2007 11:02 am

You're using your forum name, right? If so, read my above post.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Predictable Question

Postby NakedElf on Tue May 08, 2007 10:33 pm

I have three comics:
http://nakedelf.comicgenesis.com
http://rubypearl.comcigensis.com
http://happypenis.comicgenesis.com

I have two forum logins:
NakedElf
Nelf

I know the names and passwords I have for these are all correct, because I can log into my comics via FTP and the old site update 8080 toolbelt. I can also log into the forums with my forum names.

Problem: I can't seem to log into the new toolbelt thingie, no matter which name and password I use, not even the new one I just made this evening. However, it seems to me that I ought to get with the program and start using the new toolbelt...

Thanks
NakedElf
Regular Poster

Why must CGen hate us so!? D:

Postby Gothikarr on Sun May 13, 2007 12:39 pm

Saini-the-bug wrote:I'm having the looping problem too.

I used forum name and password, I've tried 2 different computers, 3 different browsers (Mozzilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera), emptied cache twice.

Still looping. It doesn't even react differently if I type the password incorrectly, it just goes to http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com/login.php?redirect=

Just to say, I don't have problems with FTP, both my FTP-programs and the web-FTP logs me in nicely.

The only way I could login to the forum was through the private message center thingie. I'm just wondering how many loopers there is who can't even login in to this forum. Gaah. What next?

<strike>Pretty much my exact problem, however, I CAN login to the OLD Site Admin. Maybe that'll be able to help some people for now? http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com:8080/ ... /login.cgi
I know it's all depreciated and not as pretty/shiny as the new SiteAdmin, but... Tis the only way I could login.

I've used Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. I've check to make sure cookies are accepted, cleared them multiple times. I have no firewall active/turned off all protection. Have been in logged into the forums, tried logging in WITH the FORUM username/password. And I get a loop. I figured it was a part of the activation, and something hadn't gone through yet. I've waited 3 extra days, checked my username/site status using the link in the FAQ. Everything checks out okay.
I've already played around with the FTP, I know that works... =/
I even tried a username "adosnodvbwegoegaegnaeon" password "aodnvoawega veoag" and it reacted the same as it did when entering my username/password.

Someone please have an answer!
-A very frustrated and sad kitten </strike>

Problem is resolved. ^^ Seems it was a server side issue after all?
Anyone still having problems... Make SURE you're logged into the forums, use your forum ID/password.. Make SURE you've got cookies going for you. :3 and it IS Firefox compatible. ^^
-Happy Cat
Gothikarr

Postby Salman on Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:50 am

Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,
Salman

Postby The Mortician on Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:07 am

I can get into FTP just fine, but the site admin isn't recognizing my forum name.
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sketchywallflowr on Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:10 am

Me too. Says I need a valid forum ID to login, but I've been logged into the forums for weeks!
Need me to kill someone? I'm a hired assasin in my spare time.
Sketchywallflowr
Regular Poster

Postby Warcraftwidow on Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:56 am

I'm have a question that I have not seen addressed . . .

I signed up--received the verfication email--entered the code--page displays that email has been verified and shows a second box for an activation code.

Am I waiting for a second code . . . or is this when the wait begins for the password?

Warcraftwidow

Postby TerdBurgler on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:10 pm

warcraftwidow wrote:I'm have a question that I have not seen addressed . . .

I signed up--received the verfication email--entered the code--page displays that email has been verified and shows a second box for an activation code.

Am I waiting for a second code . . . or is this when the wait begins for the password?

I am having exactly the same problem. I put in the application for a webcomic, I received the first email with the registration code, but now it has been near three weeks and I have yet to receive the username and password to log-in to the siteAdmin. The site itself is even up now (http://sparksandspanks.comicgenesis.com) but I have no way of editing it.

If my username and password could be sent to my e-mail address, it would be much appreciated. I anxiously wait to start uploading all my other comics.

-TB
TerdBurgler

Postby Kisai on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:23 pm

if the site is up, check your spam folders or something, or have it resend the password

http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com:8080/ ... ssword.cgi
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Stravik on Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:15 pm

The Mortician wrote:I can get into FTP just fine, but the site admin isn't recognizing my forum name.

I'm having the exact same problem. :/
Stravik

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:46 pm

Try this suggestion.

Ignore the first bit about browsers, just follow the login / logout ideas...
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Re: This would probabl;y be about 2 years ive been tryin' to get

Postby Spiralingtemporalerosion on Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:37 pm

Jiichan wrote:Before my problem used to be that giving me no confirmation code. Well now the problem is when I fill out the sign up CORRECTLY, it loads, and it takes me directly back to a clean and empty sign up page again. It doesnt say anything is wrong, it such makes me start over. Ive written everything in over and over for atleast half an hour now. What do I do?

Yeah, I've got the EXACT same issue. It just reloads the page, no matter what I do. It's not just you! I don't get it, do they not want new comics? 'Cause I've been trying to join since September and they still haven't fixed it. Would whoever the site technicians are PLEASE look into this, because it needs to be fixed!
Spiralingtemporalerosion

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:38 am

I just went to the Comic Genesis main page and clicked the join button.

Without clicking anything else, I clicked the register button. Filled out the form, ticked the "agree to the Terms of Service" button, then clicked on "Verify".

Within four seconds of clicking "Verify", the next page loaded up with the following message:

Go to Login
Thank you, e-mail should be on it's way. You should receive it with in one hour, hotmail, yahoo, aol and verizon have broken spam filtering so if you used one of these email addresses and never receive your email, wait for it to expire after 14 days and use a working email. If you do NOT receive any email, do not email comicgenesis.com at all, as this means your email is broken. Please use this forum only. Any comic site not activated in 14 days is deleted automatically.
Any comic site, which does not update within 90 days will be removed automatically if there are less than 3 comics in total.
DO NOT EMAIL ANYONE AT COMICGENESIS.COM OR KEENSPOT.COM ABOUT THE STATUS OF YOUR COMIC! Check here
Use the help forum for ALL questions about ComicGenesis. Do NOT e-mail anyone at ComicGenesis.com or keenspot.com .

So the system works. Plus there have been about a dozen new people showing up in the help forum over the last few weeks as can be seen in the posts further down in the help forum.

The problem must lie on your end.

I know that the way this is written may sound rude, but I'm trying not to be. I'm just stating facts.

Edit: About fourteen minutes later I got a new email in my hotmail inbox:

Due to the automated nature of the ComicGenesis account creation system,
we need to verify that it was you who signed up for the account and
not an automated bulk sign-up script. This also checks to make sure
you have entered your e-mail correctly. This e-mail is automatically
generated, do not reply.

You have 14 days to enter the following code:

(code, info and other details follow)

The only thing I can suggest is to try registering from another computer. if it didn't work properly the first or second time, it probably won't ever work on that computer. And there are dozens of possible reasons as to why that would be.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Creator on Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:34 pm

I'd been having the same problem for months now with the account not logging in (I've been using the old siteadmin to update my comic). However, the suggestion I've heard here seems to have fixed things(involving logging into the forums first, then opening it up in a new window).

Thanks!
I am the creator...
Creator

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:51 am

That's great to hear! :D
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

No comic confirmation

Postby CodeGuy on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:18 pm

Edit: I had a help request up, but never mind. I looked through the thread and saw something else to try. I seem to have it working now, so thanks for the help.
CodeGuy
Regular Poster

Postby CodeGuy on Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:02 pm

OK, new problem. I got the e-mail asking me to enter a code, and I saw the message saying that it would take up to 72 more hours for the comic to be ready. That was 5 days ago, and nothing new has happened. Am I remembering the 72 hour part wrong?
CodeGuy
Regular Poster

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:05 am

Okay, so you've:
  • Filled in the application form.
  • Got the first confirmation email, and responded to that one.
  • Waited seven days.
  • Got another email with the site url, password and such which asked you to copy + paste a code which you did.
  • Now you're waiting.
Is that right? If so, your comic should have been ready to go three days ago (give or take). Usually, the 72-hour wait is for DNS propagation and stuff like that.

You should be able to enter your comic's url (nameofcomic.comicgenesis.com) into your browser and see your site with the default look and your sample comic.

You should be able to load your comic's data into your preffered FTP program and connect to your site. (Usually, the ftp part van be done faster than the browser part.)

What's the name of your comic?
Have you tried going to the comic's url?
have you tried connecting to your comic via an ftp program?

Once you get the "it should take 72 hours" email, you won't get any more emails - you should be right to go.

If you have any problems, feel free to post again...
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Lastcall on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:52 am

Just wondering what the average wait time is to get a response e-mail from you guys as to "Congratulations, you can now make a ComicGenesis page now" and stuff like that? It's been a week and I've been checking my Junk e-mail and Inbox every day. I'm just getting a little worried. :oops: ....I got the automated e-mail on Oct. 24th that wanted me to confirm that it was me who requested the account and I did what it asked, but after that I haven't received anything.

Thanks for your help,
Meg
"Last Call..."
Lastcall
Regular Poster

Postby Lastcall on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:54 am

CodeGuy wrote:OK, new problem. I got the e-mail asking me to enter a code, and I saw the message saying that it would take up to 72 more hours for the comic to be ready. That was 5 days ago, and nothing new has happened. Am I remembering the 72 hour part wrong?

CodeGuy, I just saw your problem....that's my problem too. I haven't heard anything since I entered in my code. Maybe I'm jumping the gun and I need to wait longer. Dunno. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. :shucks:
Lastcall
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Help Center