HELP for Comic Genesis Signups

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Postby LaVey on Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:01 pm

it is case sensitive! i finally got my email! Thankees!
LaVey

Postby Kittymarie on Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:59 pm

So i should wait another week, and if i don't get a reply then i should sign up again, right? (just trying to understand clearly)
Kittymarie

Postby Mikeaii on Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:50 pm

what is the 'Update Offset' section about. and what must a do to compleat it?
Mikeaii

Postby RLC Davidson on Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:19 pm

Update offset is the time at which a comic you have uploaded early goes up as a new page. For example, if you uploaded a comic 20040625.png, and your update offset was (Today's Comic) midnight GMT, your comic would automatically update at midnight on 25 June 2004, putting that comic strip on your main page.

EDIT: To complete the section just click the radio marker next to the offset you want. I would reccommend using midnight of whatever time zone you're in (under Today's Comics, not Tommorow's), just for the sake of simplicity.
RLC, the Keenspace/ComiGen chicken.

Honour's Requiem - Who says treason isn't fun?
RLC Studios - A random website by a random artist
RLC Studios Forums
RLC Davidson
Regular Poster

Postby Jackhass on Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:39 am

Hey guys...

...I've been trying to sign up, but every single time I try it comes back with a "Area code does not appear to be valid" error, even though I can assure you the area code is valid.

Am I possibly entering the code using the wrong format? I'm from Canada so I enter the first 3 letters/numbers in the first box and the last 3 in the 2nd box. I don't capitalize the letters either.

So what's the problem...what am I doing wrong?
Jackhass
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jackhass on Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:02 am

Oopsie...nevermind.

Just figured out that the Postal Code/telephone area code are tied to each other and that my Postal Code was coming back invalid because I accidentally entered the wrong telelphone area code.

Heh, anyways...look for "Of Monkeys and Mutton" to sweep the online comics world in the near future!
Jackhass
Cartoon Hero

Postby Starline on Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:50 pm

Mew Master wrote:Okay, I'm new here and a few things confound me.
I've done the Pasword Change thing, edited it, got the activation code and then did that. Then I closed all my browsers and tried to login. It didn't work.

I'm having the same problem. However, the email I get after I try to change the password says this "Your account password has not been changed yet, you will still need to activate it.". So I still have the original password that was sent to me in the activation email. I've re-activated the password several times, closed all the browsers, deleted old cookies, and still can't log in. What should I do?

-Starline
Starline
Regular Poster

Postby Kisai on Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:27 pm

activate the password, the close all browser windows ALL of them.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Dark_zero on Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:48 am

the only problem i'm having is the contry part
i keep putting in U.S.A. but it dosn't accept
Dark_zero

Postby Kisai on Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:21 am

try UNITED STATES
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Dark_zero on Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:48 am

thanks
:D
Dark_zero

Postby Lilkittykay on Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:29 pm

um i want 2 join keenspace but when i read the aggementsit said somin about fees does that mean keenspace isnt a free web previder for web comics eny more
Lilkittykay

Postby Kisai on Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:55 am

You haven't read it correctly then. That's only about legal issues, ie, someone sues us, or we sue them.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Lilkittykay on Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:26 pm

um i have another problem to join i have 2 give out info my mom doesnt want me to give an i really want 2 join but i really dont want 2 get grounded :(
Lilkittykay

Postby Alaina on Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:24 pm

Oh my god. How many times do people ask this?

Just make it up then. No one's going to write you or stalk you because the public will not be privey to your address and so on. If you just typed in 123 Make Believe Avenue, no one's going to call you out on it.
Alaina
Regular Poster

Postby Kisai on Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:20 pm

Um, technically the reason for it to be asked is for contact information in case someone sues us for content you put up, however this information is never really used, it's mostly to drive away lazy people and bad bots.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby JinguJ on Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:59 pm

I forgot to say, but thank you so much for your help, Miss Kisai. ^^
Something is missing. I guess.
http://starbooze.keenspace.com
JinguJ

Postby Knightsaber on Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:52 am

This might not be pleasant. But I'm going to ask a signup question with my first post, which will either bring the ire of the forums down upon my head for all eternity, or will please me somewhat.

I'm asking about the signup status CGI script. I signed up and am waiting (patiently) for my email. I read the post about the script and thought, what the hey, I'll try it, and I get this:

Signup found, status:
Signup email sent, waiting activation or purge

So does this mean that the email was likely dropped by my mail providers? Because if so, I'll do something horribly mean to them. It's also the only 'real' email address I have. i.e. not free.

Thanks in advance, can't wait to be a part of the group here!
Knightsaber
Regular Poster

Postby YarpsDat on Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:04 pm

Knightsaber wrote:This might not be pleasant. But I'm going to ask a signup question with my first post, which will either bring the ire of the forums down upon my head for all eternity, or will please me somewhat.

I'm asking about the signup status CGI script. I signed up and am waiting (patiently) for my email. I read the post about the script and thought, what the hey, I'll try it, and I get this:

Signup found, status:
Signup email sent, waiting activation or purge

So does this mean that the email was likely dropped by my mail providers? Because if so, I'll do something horribly mean to them. It's also the only 'real' email address I have. i.e. not free.

Thanks in advance, can't wait to be a part of the group here!

Well, sounds to me you should wreak havoc upon your e-mail provider.

Before theat, however you might try this:
Check your "rejected mail" folder.
if that doesn't help,
Get a new password. from http://siteadmin.keenspace.com/cgi-bin/ ... ssword.cgi (I think activating the password should activate your account too)
If it still doesn't help,
Whitelist help *at* butch.keenspace.com and help *at* keenspace.com, and _then_ get a new password.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Knightsaber on Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:29 pm

Well, sounds to me you should wreak havoc upon your e-mail provider.

Before theat, however you might try this:
Check your "rejected mail" folder.
if that doesn't help,
Get a new password. from http://siteadmin.keenspace.com/cgi-bin/ ... ssword.cgi (I think activating the password should activate your account too)
If it still doesn't help,
Whitelist help *at* butch.keenspace.com and help *at* keenspace.com, and _then_ get a new password.

Okay I did it.
There was nothing in my 'held' or 'rejected' folders.
Then I tried the new password script, which said 'Email sent'.
Didn't get anything, so I whitelisted everything from keenspace.com and tried the password script again...still nothing.
I'll try waiting for a while, maybe. Or I'll cry, I'm not sure.
Knightsaber
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Help Center