Page 1 of 1

Custom 404 page?

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:24 pm
by VileTerror
I know I already posted this inquiry, and it appears that someone might have answered it, but it would also appear that the chances of me getting to view that reply are slim to none.

So: can someone please tell me how to make a custom 404 (file not found) page for my webcomic? I've seen it done on a few Keen comics and would also like to do one for my own page.

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:47 pm
by Johndisko
it doesnt matter the content on it, just make a webpage and when you save it, call it 404.html

you can also make a 500 (server error) and a 403 (unauthorized access) as well. jsut make a page and save it with those filenames.

ooh.... i bet you want to know where to upload them... i THINK they go in the "workspace/webpages" folder if they have tags... then you do a full update. if no tags, then you should prolly be able to just put them in the "public_html" folder.

im pretty sure abou that, but dont quote me, however i do know that you just make whatever you want on the page and save it as 404 or 500 or 403 or whatever :)

-jd

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:41 am
by Ciceronecomic
Edit: Figured it out... You need to delete the files and re-upload them. Now, if only I could see my own error pages... I've got an error message page imbedded on my computer with ads on it and can't get rid of it.