System Maintenance 2016-05-30

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Re: System Maintenance 2016-05-30

Postby Kisai on Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:56 pm

To be clear:

The 8080 siteadmin is the legacy site admin, you use your FTP password, as it's written in perl it has some ugly quirks/hacks in it.
the siteadmin site itself you use your forum username, you need to tie your ftp login to it to use it, it was designed around having multiple comics without having to login to every comic on the system to trigger updates and so forth.
The quickadmin uses the ftp login and is used primarily to bypass the siteadmin without having a forum.

The problem overall is that I've had to remove dozens of sites over the years due to spambots taking over comics, presumably grabbing the ftp password from emails of compromised free email accounts.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby ColdFusion on Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:56 pm

Kisai wrote:To be clear:

The 8080 siteadmin is the legacy site admin, you use your FTP password, as it's written in perl it has some ugly quirks/hacks in it.
the siteadmin site itself you use your forum username, you need to tie your ftp login to it to use it, it was designed around having multiple comics without having to login to every comic on the system to trigger updates and so forth.
The quickadmin uses the ftp login and is used primarily to bypass the siteadmin without having a forum.

The problem overall is that I've had to remove dozens of sites over the years due to spambots taking over comics, presumably grabbing the ftp password from emails of compromised free email accounts.

Oof. And also oy. That sounds rough and depressing and unpleasant. Also speaking of spam, looks like the forums are being hit with it now.

well I just tried the regular siteadmin site and it did indeed ask for my forum password, which the login fields already had filled in, and (just like quickadmin currently does with the ftp passwordery) it just asked for it again and again when I clicked ok, so that still isn't working either. But the legacy one is! So.. for now we're good. I was able to successfully update my comic AND the fanart page, so its functionality is complete.
Keep up the good work, we appreciate you
ColdFusion
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:58 pm

Both siteadmin and quickadmin are returning 403 errors. I managed to log into the old siteadmin, and was successful in updating.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby STrRedWolf on Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:18 am

I got Quickadmin up and running. We did a rather overdue upgrade and we broke things there.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Postby ColdFusion on Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:30 pm

no worries
so now i'm getting an invalid security certificate warning when i use quickadmin. shall i just ignore that?
ColdFusion
Regular Poster

ignorioso.

Postby Cope on Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:48 pm

ColdFusion wrote:so now i'm getting an invalid security certificate warning when i use quickadmin. shall i just ignore that?

Yep.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Postby ColdFusion on Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:58 pm

invalid security certificate again.
maybe i'm being an extra baby but I feel like that I should check. Is that just normal since you're always upgrading things?
ColdFusion
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Help Center