Not Updating

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Not Updating

Postby ColdFusion on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:37 am

Is there just a massive queue right now that I can't see? Because my comic hasn't updated since last night when I uploaded it. the image file is still just sitting there in the workspace folder. Whether i go to https://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com/ or https://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com/quickadmin/ both show a queue of zero (one briefly showed a queue of 80) is there any other way to trigger an update and view a queue?
ColdFusion
Regular Poster

Re: Not Updating

Postby ColdFusion on Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:18 pm

Alright I guess it updated. That must have been a hell of an invisible queue though
ColdFusion
Regular Poster

Postby ColdFusion on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:28 am

Ehhh actually it seems to be doing it again. Are there just massive invisible queues on the weekends? Is there ANYONE around anymore?
ColdFusion
Regular Poster

Postby ColdFusion on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:09 am

Also is it possible it's my update schedule? I have no idea how that thing works, the first set of entries say 'TOMORROW" which makes no sense.
If I upload a comic on the 19th i want it to update anytime it is the 19th. So what setting should I use?
ColdFusion
Regular Poster

Postby ColdFusion on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:24 am

boy I wish this thing let you edit posts. or that there were ever people around to help
so I think the problem is I got confused by the auto-update date. when it says 'tomorrow' it really should be saying 'yesterday' or something. i just changed it to default and now it works.
ColdFusion
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:01 pm

Glad you were able to figure it out, and sorry that none of the handufl of us that peer in from time to time were able to help.

Yeah editing posts got removed as an anti-spam measure because there were a lot of spam accounts that would come along, post as if they were real people, and then go back and edit links into existing posts. I think there's like a 30 min window in which you can edit a post (unless someone else replies to the thread sooner than you can edit, iirc, i don't know it's been a long time since two people were online simultaneously for that to even happen)
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Isukiyomi on Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:07 pm

I'm having the same issue. I've uploaded 4 comics in October and my site hasn't been updating. I keep adding it to the queue and nothing happens. Help please!
Valar Morghulis - Art
Michiko Monogatari~Tehuti
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Return to Help Center