Catchable fatal error on wiki

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Catchable fatal error on wiki

Postby DCNagy on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:35 am

On some of the pages on the wiki I am getting this error:
Catchable fatal error: Method User::__toString() must return a string value in /home/mediawiki/includes/Block.php on line 229

I've seen it on this page: http://cgwiki.comicgenesis.com/index.php?title=Comic:Iris, and on every edit page.
DCNagy

Re: Catchable fatal error on wiki

Postby LibertyCabbage on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:28 am

Hi DCNagy,

Thanks for pointing that out. Kisai will have to look into why the edit functionality isn't working.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Grody311 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:41 pm

I'm necroing this thread because the error is still alive and well. I've tried it on both IE and Chrome on two different computers on two completely different networks. I can log into the wiki, but any attempt to run a search, or to edit a page, and I get:

Code: Select all
Catchable fatal error: Method User::__toString() must return a string value in /home/mediawiki/includes/Block.php on line 229

I am trying to delete the wiki entry for my now defunct website and I ran across this.
Grody311

Postby LibertyCabbage on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi Grody311,

There's been some recent discussion in GD about the Wiki and other functionality issues. While there's no ETA on it being fixed, the Admins are doing what they can, and hopefully we'll be seeing some improvements to the service soon.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Return to Help Center