Comic Page Size

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Comic Page Size

Postby TygerTygre on Fri May 18, 2012 4:05 am

Hello,

I have been posting for the last three weeks and have had varing sizes of my comic pages show every Friday. Would anyone know what a good size for the comic page would be? I know all computers and screens are different but I have a new computer that can do things I don't even know about so I need some help.

TygerTygre
www.vudulegends.com
TygerTygre

Re: Comic Page Size

Postby Kisai on Fri May 18, 2012 4:16 am

TygerTygre wrote:Hello,

I have been posting for the last three weeks and have had varing sizes of my comic pages show every Friday. Would anyone know what a good size for the comic page would be? I know all computers and screens are different but I have a new computer that can do things I don't even know about so I need some help.

TygerTygre
http://www.vudulegends.com

If you ever plan on publishing (don't publish the web version) you should pick a specific size aspect ratio that is suitable for printing. The pixel resolution is something like 700 wide x 1000 high. An actual print will require some page bleed and margins where as the web version does not.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Fri May 18, 2012 4:27 am

Good rule of thumb is no wider than 800px wide for webcomics - it works with most smaller screens (netbooks/tablets/phones) and doesn't strain the eyes on a regular computer screen.

If you plan on printing find out the dimensions for the print format you're using (a print on demand service is worth checking out)
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby TygerTygre on Fri May 18, 2012 4:32 am

Thanks so much for your quick responses. I will be resizing and replacing my comics today. Thanks again!
TygerTygre

Return to Help Center