The Hidden

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Re: The Hidden

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Yeah, sorry that there aren't more people around to help. There aren't many people coming to these forums lately, and many of the people who do stop by (like me) don't have power beyond that of an ordinary user.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby zubine on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:52 pm

I see, thanks anyway, I looked at your stuff and like your art work very much, are you American?
zubine
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:22 pm

zubine wrote:I see, thanks anyway, I looked at your stuff and like your art work very much, are you American?

:shucks: Aww, thanks! Yes I am, I live on the East coast (New Jersey).
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mastermind on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:46 pm

I'm not sure if the admins do signups more often than other stuff but my newsbox hasn't been approved since february so I assume they have something "more important and profitable" to do.
Wait a little more and if it doesn't work you could sign up for another service and still hang out with us. :wink: While you wait, you can look at other webcomics and plan out what you want on your own website.
Mastermind
Regular Poster

Postby zubine on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:52 am

wow!!! there's life out there after all!!!! thanks for the advice Mastermind! I'm getting itchy feet because I've already done 180 pages of my graphic novel and would love for you guys to see it and tell me what you think; I wrote a novel many years ago but decided to turn it into a graphic novel as I love art and writing combined. I live in a town called Blackpool in Lancashire, that's in the north of England and I'm a full time musician; would love to make friends who have the same passion for comics so thanks for communicating, I appreciated it. If i make spelling mistake do forgive me as I'm Italian.
zubine
Regular Poster

Postby zubine on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:00 am

just looked at your art work 'Mastermind' Jesus!! you're very good!! keep up the good work! very impressive! I see you use a Mac! I would love a Mac but unfortunately it's too expensive for me; we're not very wealthy here in England!!! or at least I'm not !!
zubine
Regular Poster

Postby zubine on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:02 am

I know I've posted some pages of my graphic novel on the help page forum by mistake but at least it will give you an idea of what my stuff is about....maybe you could have a look and tell me me what you think? I plan to self-publish it eventually but it's an ongoing thing and its a subject that I have so much material that it will go on and on...and on and on..as the story unfolds. It's good fun to have written all and bring it to to life in picture, don't you think? just like being Steven Spielberg!!! ha ha ha!! just joking! By, the way, if any of you are in to music, let me know!! as I play the keyboard, guitar and sing for a living! so bring it on!!!!
zubine
Regular Poster

Postby Mastermind on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:08 am

Thanks for the compliment :) though my artwork looks amateur compared to the pages you posted. If you're looking for feedback, ask in Technique Tips and Tricks, there's a better chance of response. And I don't use a mac. Maybe something in my code gives that idea, but it's generated.
Mastermind
Regular Poster

Postby zubine on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:57 am

sorry, Mastermind, didn't mean to sound patronising!! but I wasn't looking for feed back ! just trying to be friendly .
zubine
Regular Poster

Postby McDuffies on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:36 pm

zubine wrote:I live in a town called Blackpool in Lancashire, that's in the north of England and

Is that where 10.000 holes are?
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:18 pm

And though the holes were rather small, they had to count them all.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby zubine on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:06 am

what holes are you talking about???? there are no holes in Blackpool!! at least no more than anywhere else!! did I mention holes?
I don't get it!!!
zubine
Regular Poster

Postby McDuffies on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:44 am

Man you're British, you gotta get that reference, it's in your genes.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby zubine on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:08 am

sounds like you're anti-British, but that's okay! I don't know what you mean by my genes! as I'm Italian!!! and why are you making it personal!!! I thought we were here to appreciate our artistic talents or maybe I've missed something? and you're more concerned on taking the piss out of the British? be more specific and not so cryptic!!!
zubine
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:22 am

We were quoting this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Q9D4dcYng

He meant that since you're British you should get the reference. lol
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:46 am

Zubine I'm going to give you a little advice to help make your time here at CG more enjoyable - check out the rest of the forum.
So far the vast majority of your posts are promoting/posting/discussing your comic - there is far more to do around here rather than just that.
You'd learn more about the people around CG and perhaps not have missed the obvious joke from McD.

Your enthusiasm is great but now it's time to get involved (which might distract you from the wait for your site to be available) :D
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby Laemkral on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:48 am

Some quick notes for you.

Squadron is an Air Force term, equivalent to a Battalion in Army/Marine terminology. A company sized element is called a "Flight", and I don't know how they break down beyond that. If those are Soldiers, that would have been a Platoon, seeing as it was led by a Lieutenant.

Berets would have been an anachronism in the 1950s, worn as unofficial headgear by tanker units I'm WW1 and then Army Rangers in WW2, typically modeled after the beret of choice worn by the British units they fought and trained alongside.

Sergeants stripes point upwards on all US Army uniforms from WW2 and onward.

Just some constructive criticism. As an Italian living in Britain, I wouldn't expect you to have indepth knowledge of American military. I get more upset when I see big companies like Marvel or DC put someone into a Staff Sergeant's uniform and rank, and then call them Lieutenant.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby zubine on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:50 am

Laemkral...thank you for your deep knowledge of American combat forces...I stand corrected, I will surely amend my tex to fit the correct terms. I know about the stripes pointing upward, it was just lazy of me not the change it!! Platoon is right! will change that also! thank you for pointing this things, I very much appreciate it! after all, we British maybe don't know much about your military as they are different from ours but as my story is very American I will do my best to correct every detail...thank you!Laemkral...
zubine
Regular Poster

Postby McDuffies on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:32 am

Yep, as others said, I was joking about how all Brits live on a steady diet of Beatles. Nothing personal against Brits or Italians, or you for that matter. I do, however, immensely enjoyed how I confused you earlier. :D
(Incidentally holes are in Blackburn, that Lankashire sure has it's share of towns that start with Black.)
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 am

McDuffies wrote:(Incidentally holes are in Blackburn, that Lankashire sure has it's share of towns that start with Black.)

It's because the rampant oilspills.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Help Center