I can't add a folder to the workspace, can I?

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

I can't add a folder to the workspace, can I?

Postby Nziz on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:24 am

The art section of my comic site has grown into basically a second comic, and I was hoping to organize things better by adding a new folder for it in the workspace, but that just gives me errors when I try to access it. Is there a way to put in a folder somewhere with both images and webpages in it, or is the system not set up for that?

If I can't get this to work, I'll see about creating a separate site for it, but the two comics really do belong together.
Ninjas and werewolves and Templars, oh my!
Nziz
Regular Poster

Re: I can't add a folder to the workspace, can I?

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:01 am

Create a folder called "images" in the workspace. Inside that folder, create another folder for the images for your second comic and name it whatever you like. When you want to insert them to your pgaes via code, you put "images/FOLDERNAME/IMAGENAME.jpg" or .whatever kind of thing it is.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nziz on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:34 pm

I already have an images folder. I'm hoping that there's a way to have a separate folder somewhere with both images and html in it.
Ninjas and werewolves and Templars, oh my!
Nziz
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:59 pm

Nah. You'll have to create in the images folder a separate folder called "ComicName" *whatever your comic is going to be or whatever you want the folder to be.

In workspace folder you should also have a folder called webpages. If not, create one. just like that, all one word- "webpages." In there, you can, again, create new folders that have the name of the thing you want. It won't be all together in one big folder, but you'll only have two fodlers- one for the images, and one for the html.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Return to Help Center