Old Member, Can't Log In To My Account Anymore

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Old Member, Can't Log In To My Account Anymore

Postby Psycocatgirl on Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:50 pm

Hello,

I started my webcomic "For the Love of Yaoi" on Keenspace back in 2002. I stopped updating in 2004 or so for personal reasons, but have since decided to revive the webcomic and start from scratch. I'd like to use the same domain and simply shift my old comic pages into an archive, then start posting the new and improved comic.

Here is my problem: I've tried resetting my password and everything, but I still can't seem to log in to access my comic account. I think I had a thread for this before, but it must have since been deleted, so if my question was answered before I can't just look up that answer and try the suggestions again. A lot has changed on this site since I started my webcomic, and I missed out on a LOT of those changes due to my absence. I'm scrambling to re-learn everything now.

What do I need to do to log in to my account, if it tells me that my username is invalid? I just got a confirmation email that my password was reset, and the username appears to be valid there.

Thanks for your help,

-Maria
Psycocatgirl

Re: Old Member, Can't Log In To My Account Anymore

Postby Psycocatgirl on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:33 pm

Maybe I should clarify...

My webcomic account username should be "fortheloveofyaoi" and I have reset the password for it. The forums and the rest of the site will not allow me to log in using that username, even with the new password.

I am currently using this alternate account so that I can at least post questions on the forums, since my webcomic account is not working.

What I am trying to do is log in so that I can access the FTP thing that lets me update my webcomic site. I am NOT super tech savvy here, and I don't know what has changed, but it doesn't seem to work the way it did when I first started this comic.

I've done everything I can think of doing, resetting the password, trying to log in from the Comic Genesis main page, trying to log in by typing ftp:// in front of my webcomic url, but nothing is working. I'm actually getting a little desperate here, because I can't figure this out and I'm trying to get the new version of the webcomic up by May 2012. If I can't access my account here, I'm just going to have to leave it to gather cyber-dust and go find another server for the new comic.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated here.
Psycocatgirl

Postby Psycocatgirl on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:36 pm

If this has already been answered in the FAQ's somewhere, I haven't found it, and I have actually looked. Even if someone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction if this question has already been answered, that would be appreciated. Sometimes I overlook things even if they're right in front of my nose.

Thanks again.
Psycocatgirl

Postby Labasaur on Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Uhm... I don't think I can help you but it's worth a shot. Are you capitalizing the first letter of your username when you log in to anything? Cause it needs to be capitalized =] Hope that works...
Labasaur

Postby Psycocatgirl on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:53 pm

Actually... that worked! Now I just need to read the FAQ's so I can figure out how to use this FTP thinger again. XD Thanks a million! <3
Psycocatgirl

Return to Help Center