One Question and One Request

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

One Question and One Request

Postby lightbulbs on Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 pm

I've seen a few web comics with this on their site and I'd like to add it to mine. ...Rather pointless at the moment seeing as how at this point only page 1 is showing but down the line it will be helpful. Some sites have little calendars on them showing when the comic has been updated with click-able link dates. I like this way of searching archives better than clicking through tons of pages to find what I want. Ok, I could list each update on the page but I'd rather not. My comic has an on going plot that doesn't title well most of the time.
Where do I find the code for these calendars and are there any special instructions to install it into the web site?

My request is could some one tell me if the RSS feed on my site is working? It's supposed to be valid but I keep getting error messages when I try testing it.
It's below the "Links" link:
http://lightbulbs.comicgenesis.com/
lightbulbs

Re: One Question and One Request

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:26 pm

The code you're looking for is ***big_calendar***, which will display them in a grid formation dating all the way back to the beginning of your comic. You can also use ***calendar***, which will display only the month containing the most recent post.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby lightbulbs on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:25 pm

Thank you (hug)! I'm going to edit the pages right now :D . A person that has shown an interest in the comic has tested the RSS feed. It works 8-) ..well I hope it does, proof won't fully show until page 2 is loaded.
lightbulbs

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:52 am

Awesome! :D
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Return to Help Center